Author Topic: Ive neglected ab training for a few years now this is probably why my lower back  (Read 669 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
is messed up

it just got boring hitting abs directly. i felt i hit them when i did pushups

but after doing research i think its time to train abs alot directly to help my back. it makes since this is definitly one of those duh moments

i used to do the ab wheel all the time when i was obsessed with leans and roman chair situps
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Sounds like you lack flexibility everywhere. You indicated that the pain is in the left part of your lower back (not direct spine) providing there is no shooting pain going down the hip, you have 1. Lack of strength in your posterior chain (low back, glutes and hamstrings). Tightness in hamstrings, weakness in glutes resulting in "QL" (Quadratus lumborum) pain or a strain. You need to start a soft tissue and flexibility program that includes upper thoracic, thoracic and lumbar, that will provide almost immediate relief along with ice, anti-inflammatory and either rest or reduce activity.  Hamstring, glute and low back program (this includes transverse abdominis using anti-rotation exercises and no type of "crunch")  for strength and drop some weight :D

kcklassic

• Getbig II
Sounds like a problem due to your obesity DaddyWaddy  :'(

kcklassic

• Getbig II
LOL^

Gal you crack my ass up

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
is messed up

it just got boring hitting abs directly. i felt i hit them when i did pushups

but after doing research i think its time to train abs alot directly to help my back. it makes since this is definitly one of those duh moments

i used to do the ab wheel all the time when i was obsessed with leans and roman chair situps

if you are still obese, what is the purpose of doing ab training, you should focus completely on loosing weight. Jokes aside, at some stage you had a great physic and if I was you I would do everything to get there again.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
it s either genetic or you being overweight, probably a mix of both.