Author Topic: Old TV Shows  (Read 27070 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Old TV Shows
« on: February 17, 2013, 11:22:19 AM »
What's your guilty pleasure?

Some oldies

I Love Lucy
Dick Van Dyke
I Dream of Jeannie
M.A.S.H.
Twilight Zone
Beverly Hillbillies
Leave it to Beaver
Gunsmoke
Bonanza
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Bob Newhart Show
The Odd Couple
All in the Family
The Brady Bunch
Cheers
Andy Griffith Show
Gilligan’s Island
The Golden Girls

:

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Old TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 06:13:53 PM »
When i was a little brat, my Grandfather would watch The Odd Couple a lot of times when we went to visit him. I never cared for the show.
When I was in junior high, I saw the movie with Walter Matthau and Jack Lemmon. I was hooked. I own the DVD and still watch it today, and consider the series an abomination of its counterpart's cinematic legacy.

Neil Simon was one of the three main writers on all 114 episodes, and I never understood how each one could suck so badly. Then again, I never liked Tony Randall, which probably had a lot to do with it.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 06:16:30 PM »
Mash
All in the family
The Jefferson's
Good times
Beverly hillbillies
A

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 06:19:11 PM »
I LOVE the old Tonight Show's with Johnny Carson. I also liked some of the old variety shows like Dean Martin's.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:36:19 PM »
I like I Love Lucy and Dick Van Dyke for the clothes. 
:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 04:39:11 PM »
MASH, definitely MASH when my family would visit my grandparents growing up they would only have like 3 or 4 channels you could watch and MASH was always playing at night. Me and my brother own every season of it, its nostalgic

Gilligans Island too but I cant ever seem to find that on TV anymore :(

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 04:50:36 PM »
I still enjoy watching Barney Miller.

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 06:22:14 PM »
Dick Van Dyke
Cheers
Andy Griffith Show
Three Stooges (I guess they count)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 06:55:48 PM »
I still enjoy watching Barney Miller.

I've been watching Supernatural this season. A couple weeks ago one of the guest stars was Hal Linden. In another episode late last year Mike Farrell from M.A.S.H. was a guest.

That list Princess posted reads as most of what I grew up on. It's missing some stuff like The Incredible Hulk, Remington Steele, The Bionic Woman & Six Million Dollar Man, Star Trek, and The Honeymooners.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 07:10:47 PM »
I've been watching Supernatural this season. A couple weeks ago one of the guest stars was Hal Linden.

I saw Ron Glass in some 80's B-movie with Charles Napier (Murdoch from Rambo II). It was so bad that I couldn't watch more than about ten minutes of it.

Glass had some serious Jheri curls going in that film. :-X

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2013, 07:13:07 PM »
Who remembers this gem:

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 02:47:07 PM »

I saw Ron Glass in some 80's B-movie with Charles Napier (Murdoch from Rambo II). It was so bad that I couldn't watch more than about ten minutes of it.

Glass had some serious Jheri curls going in that film. :-X

He was also part of the cast of Firefly and the followup movie Serenity.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 08:09:15 PM »
Dick Van Dyke
Cheers
Andy Griffith Show
Three Stooges (I guess they count)
OH YEA the thress stooges I completely forgot about them. My dad introduced me and my brother to the three stooges at an early age and we at one time I think had every short of theirs on VHS even up through shemp and curly joe LOL

Laurel and Hardy and The little Rascals too now that i think about it more. My dad brought us up on the classics hahaha.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 06:33:43 PM »
OH YEA the thress stooges I completely forgot about them. My dad introduced me and my brother to the three stooges at an early age and we at one time I think had every short of theirs on VHS even up through shemp and curly joe LOL

Laurel and Hardy and The little Rascals too now that i think about it more. My dad brought us up on the classics hahaha.

I never understood the humor with the Stooges.   ???
Must be a guy thing  ::)

...and Butterbean
:

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 07:56:29 PM »

I never understood the humor with the Stooges.   ???
Must be a guy thing  ::)

...and Butterbean

alot of slap stick comedy but they also did have alot of good one liners too

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 07:05:58 AM »
MASH, definitely MASH when my family would visit my grandparents growing up they would only have like 3 or 4 channels you could watch and MASH was always playing at night. Me and my brother own every season of it, its nostalgic

MASH is awesome.  Top of my list.
A

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 07:32:08 AM »
Mash
All in the family
The Jefferson's
Good times
Beverly hillbillies

I never really GOT the Beverly Hillbillies.....although even as a kid I just knew that Banker's secretary was a Lesbian...I think her name was Miss Hathaway or something???

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 07:33:43 AM »
What's your guilty pleasure?

Some oldies

I Love Lucy
Dick Van Dyke
I Dream of Jeannie
M.A.S.H.
Twilight Zone
Beverly Hillbillies
Leave it to Beaver
Gunsmoke
Bonanza
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Bob Newhart Show
The Odd Couple
All in the Family
The Brady Bunch
Cheers
Andy Griffith Show
Gilligan’s Island
The Golden Girls

No matter how many times I watch them, the Honeymooners and I love Lucy make me laugh out loud!...I read where CBS is still making bank off of I Love Lucy.....the show made 60 million dollars for them last year....wow

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2013, 07:35:39 AM »
I LOVE the old Tonight Show's with Johnny Carson. I also liked some of the old variety shows like Dean Martin's.

I loved Dean Martin's show when I was a kid....They said he was really drinking while doing the show.....I always knew as a kid that he was just playing himself and drinking on TV.....you would see him holding drinks and drinking during the show.....and even see him smoking a cigarette...you could never ever get away with that today

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 07:36:33 AM »

I loved Gilligans Island as well....you can only find it on TV in the Midwest USA

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 07:38:04 AM »

I never really GOT the Beverly Hillbillies.....although even as a kid I just knew that Banker's secretary was a Lesbian...I think her name was Miss Hathaway or something???

Yes, miss Hathaway.  Big time rug muncher. If the show were on tv today she would be going after Ellie May.  Ellie May was pretty good looking.
A

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2013, 07:42:30 AM »
Yes, miss Hathaway.  Big time rug muncher. If the show were on tv today she would be going after Ellie May.  Ellie May was pretty good looking.

its funny because I would actually get aroused watching Ellie May....also Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island as well.....as for Ms. Hathaway she was probably the very first woman on TV that you could identify as a Lesbian...I'm wondering now if that was an intentional in-joke.........but it flew over everybody's heads!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2013, 08:09:54 AM »
its funny because I would actually get aroused watching Ellie May....also Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island as well.....as for Ms. Hathaway she was probably the very first woman on TV that you could identify as a Lesbian...I'm wondering now if that was an intentional in-joke.........but it flew over everybody's heads!
but i thought she was after jethro?????
F

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2013, 08:12:36 AM »

Farmers daughter thing for me. They are the kinds of girls that appear innocent but ride you like you are a bucking bronco when no one is around.
A

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2013, 08:13:49 AM »
my favorites in no particular order, seinfeld,the three stooges i own the box set of every episode 45 bucks on amazon, laredo,the munsters and addams family[ i know they were stupid] car 54,andy griffin, leave it to beaver,the outer limits,lost in space, voyage to the bottom of the sea,land of the giants. ;D ;D ;D ;D
F