Author Topic: BREAKING BAD Spin-Off BETTER CALL SAUL to Debut in November  (Read 5866 times)

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
BREAKING BAD Spin-Off BETTER CALL SAUL to Debut in November
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:33:33 AM »
'sall good, man!  finally green lighted ;D

AMC has announced that its upcoming BREAKING BAD spin-off BETTER CALL SAUL, starring Bob Odenkirk, will debut in November 2014. No specific date has been set.

For the original news, head over to The Hollywood Reporter.

Co-created and executive produced by BREAKING BAD creator Vince Gilligan, BETTER CALL SAUL tells the story of mall-based super lawyer Saul Goodman in the years before he became Walter White's attorney. From parking tickets to mass murder, from slip-and-fall to bond fraud, Saul handles it all.

Breaking Bad stars Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul have already agreed to make guest appearances.

Read more about AMC's BREAKING BAD Spin-Off BETTER CALL SAUL to Debut in November - BWWTVWorld by www.broadwayworld.com
®

mdn250

• Getbig II
Re: BREAKING BAD Spin-Off BETTER CALL SAUL to Debut in November
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 03:13:58 PM »
I wonder how far back then will begin being that you just said Walter and Jesse will make guest spots?

I know Mike was with him as his PI for years so I wonder if he will be a guest as well?

Going to be a great pilot for sure...usually even the worst of the AMC shows kick off well. Should be fun to see who his clients are.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 06:51:42 PM »
that'd be hilarious.  jesse will be fat n bald... not sure how he would fit in... high schooler with a meth problem?

Walter white would be hilarious on it.  The nerdy school teacher.  They couldn't have him working with saul... he met him for the first time on Breaking bad era.

Still, to me, this line tells me it's going to be awesome:
"Co-created and executive produced by BREAKING BAD creator Vince Gilligan"

No way he would put his value$ on the line by producing a stinker.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 07:00:37 PM »
that'd be hilarious.  jesse will be fat n bald... not sure how he would fit in... high schooler with a meth problem?

Walter white would be hilarious on it.  The nerdy school teacher.  They couldn't have him working with saul... he met him for the first time on Breaking bad era.

Still, to me, this line tells me it's going to be awesome:
"Co-created and executive produced by BREAKING BAD creator Vince Gilligan"

No way he would put his value$ on the line by producing a stinker.

Not sure what timeline the plot resides in but I wouldn't be surprised if it runs in parallel with BB original storyline.

Kinda like, watch Saul brush his teeth, bang his fat mexican secretary, polish the black dude's skull, update his office Greek backdrop, you know typical stuff high end defenders do  8)
®

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »
Not sure what timeline the plot resides in but I wouldn't be surprised if it runs in parallel with BB original storyline.

Kinda like, watch Saul brush his teeth, bang his fat mexican secretary, polish the black dude's skull, update his office Greek backdrop, you know typical stuff high end defenders do  8)

I believe Saul post here.
Looking forward to see the show, great character.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 07:08:31 PM »
Saul Goodman is a great man.

I am looking forward to this show.

"1"

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 08:10:43 PM »
This could be really good if they do it right.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2014, 08:27:01 PM »
This could be really good if they do it right.

By season 5 of breaking bad, they really had so many amazing storylines... they could have made another 8 episodes... maybe that entire year walt was hiding out... the aftermath of the family... finding hank's body... saul in a new city... huell coming out and finding everything out... the media following skyler... skyler's legal battle... jesse's year of torture... Todd's gang's rise... and of course, LYDIA!  Her year with Madrigal in Czech republic dealing... I mean, even WITHOUT walt at all, they created so much that could stand on its own as an amazing show.

I hope Gus, Mike, and others show up on the Saul show.   Viewers would show up bigtime to see another glimpse of Gus & mike in their prime, on their rise... Tuco showing up... I mean, they can do SO much.  By season 5, they were so good at easter eggs and other witty things... Walt rolling the barrel of money past the pants he lost in the season premiere... genius.

I don't think this show will suck.  If anything, it'll end too soon.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2014, 09:32:40 PM »
By season 5 of breaking bad, they really had so many amazing storylines... they could have made another 8 episodes... maybe that entire year walt was hiding out... the aftermath of the family... finding hank's body... saul in a new city... huell coming out and finding everything out... the media following skyler... skyler's legal battle... jesse's year of torture... Todd's gang's rise... and of course, LYDIA!  Her year with Madrigal in Czech republic dealing... I mean, even WITHOUT walt at all, they created so much that could stand on its own as an amazing show.

I hope Gus, Mike, and others show up on the Saul show.   Viewers would show up bigtime to see another glimpse of Gus & mike in their prime, on their rise... Tuco showing up... I mean, they can do SO much.  By season 5, they were so good at easter eggs and other witty things... Walt rolling the barrel of money past the pants he lost in the season premiere... genius.

Check out your undies, your urethra might've coagulated and stuck to the FOL fabric.  ;D

Re-comb... I think that's what Gilligan is going to go for... fill the gaps from a different angle, like a parallel universe giving you glimpse of the previous one. I think it's genius and hopefully will set precedence and get some of those reality shows about molds in your walls, whore or bearded dudes cutting lumbers and/or shooting kardashitians/duck and/or pawn shops/storage off the air.

ppl want content.
®

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 08:33:21 AM »
Great they better bring fatass Huel back. Dude is probably still waiting. lol

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 08:40:53 AM »
Saul Goodman is a great man.

I am looking forward to this show.

"1"

How many shitty Alex23 threads a day does Getbig allow?

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 08:42:15 AM »
Great they better bring fatass Huel back. Dude is probably still waiting. lol

I'm sure we will see Huel alot in Better Call Saul

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 09:25:58 AM »
one season and done.  I'm calling it.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2014, 01:03:59 PM »
Watched the entire BB (hey look at that acronym right there) from s01e01 to the finale this last week.

Cranston is a great actor.

Season 1 was easily the best one as per usual but it sustained well throghout and season 5 actually was much better than 4.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2014, 01:23:19 PM »
one season and done.  I'm calling it.

Bah!

sagittal chest

• Getbig III
  • I hate the French
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 01:31:41 PM »

^This
Heard it is going to be a little lighter than Breaking Bad, with story arcs mostly resolving at the end of each episode.

Should be funny as hell.

I agree it will be great to see Mike and Gus again, with cameos by Mr.White the beaten down teacher :D

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 01:34:41 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 01:49:28 PM »
I agree it will be great to see Mike and Gus again, with cameos by Mr.White the beaten down teacher :D

Yep - imagine just a cameo of Cranston fumbling with his wallet at a counter, scratching his ass while skyler yells at him, in the background of a scene while Gus and Mike wait at a bus stop, 10 or 12 years back.    And cranston does funny little clips and cameos like that - no way he'd miss this.

Seeing Gus' rise to power, and mike being mike, would be terrific.

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2014, 07:40:31 AM »
Jesse and Walter both went to Saul's office at the same time when Badger got popped. Am I missing something where Jesse dealt with Saul before this? He said " This is the guy I would go to if I had to get a lawyer. "

Anyway, I guess they can play around with the story timeline since having them guest star would be a HUGE rating...probably will have a higher score than the premier or finale.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2014, 09:32:12 AM »
Jesse and Walter both went to Saul's office at the same time when Badger got popped. Am I missing something where Jesse dealt with Saul before this? He said " This is the guy I would go to if I had to get a lawyer. "

Anyway, I guess they can play around with the story timeline since having them guest star would be a HUGE rating...probably will have a higher score than the premier or finale.

they can do it in an unrelated fashion.  Like, Walt can be distracted and bump into Mike in traffic while he and Gus are driving a trunk full of meth to a sell (before he had the chik pollo distribution set up).  

Walt "I'd just feel so much better if we called the police... I have a DEA brother in law, he'd kill me if I didn't make an accident report" and the look between Mike/Gus as they decide what to do.  Then, some ripple effect of Jesse (He and crackhead Wendy are arguing as they drive by carelessly) gives a reason for the incident to end without Walt calling the police.  they all live in the same town for years, surely their paths crossed if only waiting in line for groceries.

And yeah, cranston standing in line as walt 10 years earlier would be hilarious.  Even him fumbling with change while Mike waited behind him to buy something essential/timely to save a cook...

And gail... they can make him a character too!  fresh out of college.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2014, 11:02:52 AM »
Hope it lives up to expectations. Not much in the way of good dramas since True Detective. Waiting for season 2 of Ray Donovan.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2014, 11:12:48 AM »
It's going to be a lot more humorous, focusing on Huel and the henchmen being screw ups.  They'll probably introduce some new characters and storylines