Author Topic: _bruce_ - 5x5 - from tit to breast... to EVEREST  (Read 33438 times)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
Re: _bruce_ - 5x5 - from tit to breast
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2009, 07:07:14 AM »
Good to see you're still looking after the training log bruce. Good work!  ;D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2009, 05:51:38 AM »
Injured my left elbow over a week ago - exactly when I was about to start my new cycle.
Could not extend my left arm when my hand was in a pronated position, supinated it was way better.
Seems like the guitar playing took a toll on my sinews - left side inflammed.
Right side, due to alternate picking, is pretty stiff in the front delt region.

Front Squads are still done according to the log - max. 55kg for 3/ approx. 124 lb

Elbow is way better now, but I am pretty cautious regarding putting stress onto it.

Food intake changed - less fat, more greens, more protein. I am way too fat, so I'll have to be patient.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2009, 07:35:49 AM »
Hang in there big bruce. Injuries suck but you'll be back in no time.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2009, 04:22:14 AM »
Short update...

-lost 15 lbs... mostly around midsection
-still on the 5x5, no pyramiding up... sets across now
-I know that the 5x5 exercises should not be fucked with(substituted) but I had to... press -> behind the neck press... can really feel it in my shoulders -> my mistake was to let shoulders slump forward... now traps are tight + shoulders back... fist time ever I can feel the delts working... likely cure for my hunch back-ism
-regular squats instead of front squats(ham kisses calf)
-no rows + deads for now... technique is bad + traps too strong
-bench technique is way better... practiced everyday with the empty bar + watched some Ian Tate stuff... knows his shit

-currently 180 lbs, ~150 squat 5x5, ~160 bench 5x5, ~90 behind the neck 5x5, ~315 deads x 1, 3 x 5 x body weight chins...

p.s.: pics to follow when leaner

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2009, 10:07:49 AM »
Short update...

-I know that the 5x5 exercises should not be fucked with(substituted) but I had to... press -> behind the neck press... can really feel it in my shoulders -> my mistake was to let shoulders slump forward... now traps are tight + shoulders back... fist time ever I can feel the delts working... likely cure for my hunch back-ism
-bench technique is way better... practiced everyday with the empty bar + watched some Ian Tate stuff... knows his shit

-currently 180 lbs, ~150 squat 5x5, ~160 bench 5x5, ~90 behind the neck 5x5, ~315 deads x 1, 3 x 5 x body weight chins...

The master of strength is in his element   8)

burn2live

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2009, 10:49:34 AM »
Short update...

Good stuff. Keep at it. What exactly is the 5x5 routine?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: _bruce_ - 5x5 - from tit to breast... to EVEREST
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2009, 03:43:31 PM »
@DF :  "Come-hither" :-*

@burn2life: Yes - based on "Stronglifts 5x5" pdf document(from stronglifts.com). Did a pyramid-approach before the sets across one - nearly can do the poundages of my former fifth set on every single one now. The author looks like a twink but the info is solid...

1 squat, bench, row
2 squat, press, dead

Mo, Tue, Fr;

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
Re: _bruce_ - 5x5 - from tit to breast... to EVEREST
« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2009, 05:18:32 AM »
Currently using a 3x8 rep scheme with the same weights I did on the 5x5 - mentally harder, but I like it...

No real log-book update though been doing my 3 times a week sessions like it's a job... no excuses - if I don't feel well I just decrease the poundages...

Shoulders and arms are slightly bigger than they were before... let's see what's in store for me in 3 years from now...

Take care

Still 5x5'ing - added a few pounds here and there.
Squatting is now way better - took me a good 6 months to get it right.
Doing the eccentric portion now as fast as the concentric.
Started playing football... too soon to say something of value.
Guitar playing is better than ever - slightly stressful for the right shoulder.

Good luck

Squat is now 150 lbs(is now 165) - still baby, but I had the technique somewhat wrong.
Bench          150 lbs(is now 165)
BNP              110 lbs(is substituted by the Press - 95 lbs)
Row              130 lbs(up a few pounds)

All lifts are in the serious effort region, but no half ass puff-huff to just make the number.
All beast control  :D

Update: blew the prog and had to restart it. Also the ramping up between sets was too high in some cases 25lbs to 40 lbs. I now use the

http://www.vicjg.com/aspx/madcowint.aspx

calculator to gauge weights.
On the brighter side I lost around 15 lbs of weight(197 to 182) and I am stronger than when I was way fatter.
I stretch a lot(up to 40 min a day) and I mainly train for fun/mental health.

Regards,
Bruce