Author Topic: Damn!! - Friday Morning Squattage  (Read 5271 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: Damn!! - Friday Morning Squattage
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2011, 11:31:01 PM »
That's the Chinese weightlifting squad, they're all beasts. The Koreans are really good Olympic lifters also.

Check out the back development on one of the Chinese's top men:

OH SHIT

im posting that on facebook

any links to how these guys train?

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2011, 11:52:26 PM »

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 12:27:59 AM »
I bought one of the squishy cushions they squatted down onto during this workout.

I'm using it as a pillow at night.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 12:40:24 AM »
Bit hard to get info on Chinese training. It uses perceived maximal weights(which means whatever the coach or lifter thinks is right, so it might be 100% one day, 87.2% another day, etc....). Lots of pulls, overhead squats, push presses. Their coaches allow bodybuilding style lifts for bringing up small body parts, weak areas, etc..... Dumbbell rows, benching, etc.... are popular.

Here's a small look at training frequency:

"I can tell you about the Hubei provincial team (central China). They train about 9 times per week, 6 days per week. They do snatches, CJ's, all kinds of variations of them, squats (front, back, overhead), pulls/deads, push presses, bodybuilding-type stuff (mostly for injury prevention), bodyweight exercises, broad jumps, jogging, etc. They do 1-5 reps on barbell stuff, every % up to 100+%. They got busted for drugs last summer and couldn't compete for a year."

"Something like this: twice a day on Mon Wed Fri. once a day on Tue Thur Sat. In most sessions, they start with one of the competition lifts, and then do assistance exercises for it. Some days are heavier than others."

And a long thread with a fella training with a Chinese coach:

http://fortified-iron.com/board/7/14/37467-chinese-deadlifts-pulls-3.html .

Add in genetics, steroids, and the pick of a billion plus people, and boom..... Success.