Author Topic: Bodybuilding is not a sport  (Read 4143 times)

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
Re: Bodybuilding is not a sport
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2006, 11:06:46 AM »
if eating 43 hotdogs is a sport then certainly bodybuilding, marathon fucking, and frisbee is a sport. lol
Gonna Beat Em'

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2006, 11:07:01 AM »
"Bodybuilding is the greatest sport in the world" -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Anybody who doesn't think so is a fagot and should go follow ice curling.
just push some weight!

dmorgan41178

• Getbig II
  • Big Big Big!!!
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2006, 11:12:51 AM »
get em alexxx. get em!
Gonna Beat Em'

washedup

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2006, 01:54:03 PM »
if eating 43 hotdogs is a sport then certainly bodybuilding, marathon fucking, and frisbee is a sport. lol

Is catching frogs for snakes a sport?  I could be a world champion.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2006, 01:58:47 PM »
"Bodybuilding is the greatest sport in the world" -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Anybody who doesn't think so is a fagot and should go follow ice curling.

Well....if Arnie said it, it MUST be a sport ::)!

And as much as I hate to admit it...curling is a sport because it takes skill!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2006, 02:00:29 PM »
If bodybuilding is a sport then so is the Miss America pageant.

I didn't know Miss America contestants go through a grueling weight training and dieting program.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2006, 02:12:05 PM »
Bodybuilding is not a sport?  I thought posing in an almost thong while your dripping with oil was some kind of sport. Seriously the sport of bodybuilding takes place in the gym.  I only consider it a sport if it's done with out drugs.  I have never seen a boxer, wrestler, Olympic weight lifter, martial artists; football player;sprinter; or any other athlete that can stand on the Olympia stage.  The physiques of the prior listed athletes are fantastic and functional. They don't have the cosmetic steroid look. Some might counter and say what about Mike Katz, he played for the Jets.  I have no argument but he didn't have the physique he had in the Universe contest when he was playing football. 

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2006, 02:15:57 PM »
Bodybuilding is not a sport?  I thought posing in an almost thong while your dripping with oil was some kind of sport. Seriously the sport of bodybuilding takes place in the gym.  I only consider it a sport if it's done with out drugs.  I have never seen a boxer, wrestler, Olympic weight lifter, martial artists; football player;sprinter; or any other athlete that can stand on the Olympia stage.  The physiques of the prior listed athletes are fantastic and functional. They don't have the cosmetic steroid look. Some might counter and say what about Mike Katz, he played for the Jets.  I have no argument but he didn't have the physique he had in the Universe contest when he was playing football. 

So you're saying people don't use roids in these sports you listed?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2006, 02:19:48 PM »
The way I look at it, if you need roids to do better at it, then it's a sport.  ;)   If not, then it's not a sport.      There I said it, it had to be said!

hahaha you make a good point!
just push some weight!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2006, 02:23:58 PM »
PS.  Roids were invented by Hitler for his athletes in the Olympics..

What a crock of shit.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2006, 02:25:29 PM »
What a crock of shit.

Better read up on Hitler!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2006, 02:29:44 PM »

They weren't "invented" by Hitler for the Olympics. They were used to make his military more agressive during the war!

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2006, 02:31:20 PM »
I bet you also think Hitler is hiding out at a secret base in Antarctica. What a clown.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2006, 02:32:33 PM »
They weren't "invented" by Hitler for the Olympics. They were used to make his military more agressive during the war!

Why do you think they were so angry

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2006, 02:35:53 PM »

i'm not sure about Hitler inventing roids, but thank god Al Gore invented the internet otherwise this great board wouldn't exist.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2006, 02:37:24 PM »
but thank god Al Gore invented the internet otherwise this great board wouldn't exist.

LOL Hahahaha!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2006, 02:38:14 PM »
I bet you also think Hitler is hiding out at a secret base in Antarctica. What a clown.

It's a fact.

Read the intro. I'm sure there's more but I ran out of time....http://www.medstudents.com.br/sport/sport2.htm

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2006, 02:41:32 PM »
i'm not sure about Hitler inventing roids, but thank god Al Gore invented the internet otherwise this great board wouldn't exist.

Mama said, Al Gore is the devil

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2006, 02:48:55 PM »
I didn't know Miss America contestants go through a grueling weight training and dieting program.

Actually to be become Miss America is just as hard.  You can compete once a year and qualify to compete in the Olympia.  Miss America has to WIN (not 2nd or 3rd) several contests before being in the Miss America contest. And do you think they eat pizza and ice cream all day.  Of course they diet.  And most of them run do cardio and weight train at least a little.  My good friend won Miss America in 92 or 93 and she had a helluva time getting there.  My mom secretary for awhilke was Shawn Wetherly who I think was a Miss Universe or something like that  I was young but I do remember my mom helping her allot with things she needed to compete like entrie fees, clothing, hair dressers, makeup artist etc.

There no way in the world I can put down any pro of even any amateur BB for the way have to train and diet.  I went through the lifting part which I could handle but couldn't last even a year dieting strictly.  So I give props to BB's for the diet and training aspect of BB,  But after that they don't impress me with much.  No business sense, abuse of drugs lazy with self promotion, they are basically lazy out of the gym.  Not many care about there image.  Too bad.  But when it comes to the actual similarities between BB and a beauty pagent they are very much alike.  

BB is not a sport as competing in the Miss America is not a sport.  It is a show to exhibit they way you decide to live your life.  Actually beauty pagents usually have a skill round which probably makes it more of a sport than BB.  It at least shows a skill or physical ability the contestant has.  There is nothing in BB.  Posing is like something you have to do to show your muscles off in the best possible manner.  It could at the most be compared to dancing.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2006, 02:50:34 PM »
Funny how there is absolutely no scientific and/or historical evidence to support any of your claims, Intenseone. Steroids don't cause aggression, and they weren't used until the late 1950's at the earliest.

I guess bodybuilders will believe anything if enough magazines and websites reprint it as truth. Nazis using steroids during the war is no different than myostatin inhibitors and other such unsubstantiated bullshit.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2006, 02:52:33 PM »
But onlyme, you're missing the point. They don't do better if they use roids, they do worse! So we can't say Miss America is a sport.  ;)

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2006, 02:54:05 PM »
Funny how there is absolutely no scientific and/or historical evidence to support any of your claims, Intenseone. Steroids don't cause aggression, and they weren't used until the late 1950's at the earliest.

I guess bodybuilders will believe anything if enough magazines and websites reprint it as truth. Nazis using steroids during the war is no different than myostatin inhibitors and other such unsubstantiated bullshit.

Like I said, read up on Hitler. You'll be surprised..

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2006, 02:57:01 PM »

Why do you think they were so angry

HAHA, I guess those angry Japs were juiced to the gills too?
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2006, 03:30:56 PM »

Steriods don't cause aggression?? Damn near any androgen will cause aggression.....NEWSFLASH ...it isn't a secret!

BTW, steriods were used during the 30's. Just because it wasn't used for bodybuilding does not mean they weren't used!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2006, 03:34:42 PM »
We Russians came up with steroids I believe. Thats one of the reasons why we where kicking so much ass back then.
just push some weight!