Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 994899 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #1950 on: April 09, 2015, 08:38:58 AM »
so out of all the daily interactions with people tell us how many  cops are abusing  their power,i think you'll find it very small

would you stop with the common sense stuff please?!

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #1951 on: April 09, 2015, 08:57:03 AM »
With luck we'll have the cops under constant scrutiny soon (sort of like what's been wrongly happening to us, the once-private citizen), and only then will we have an idea how to answer that question.

I've personally met many fine individuals that happened to be cops, so they do exist. But I will tell you without question that a culture of corruption exists in law-enforcement organizations all over this country. And as long as it exists, period, it is a huge problem.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1952 on: April 09, 2015, 09:28:14 AM »
this always comes up about filming cops.. some good tips.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1953 on: April 09, 2015, 04:30:30 PM »
so out of all the daily interactions with people tell us how many  cops are abusing  their power,i think you'll find it very small

I think most of us have agreed with that.  It's the trend that I've repeatedly noted is concerning.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1954 on: April 09, 2015, 04:32:50 PM »
With luck we'll have the cops under constant scrutiny soon (sort of like what's been wrongly happening to us, the once-private citizen), and only then will we have an idea how to answer that question.

I've personally met many fine individuals that happened to be cops, so they do exist. But I will tell you without question that a culture of corruption exists in law-enforcement organizations all over this country. And as long as it exists, period, it is a huge problem.

I have no doubt, that had this not been on tape, nothing would have happened to this cop - even with the witness.  No doubt.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1955 on: April 09, 2015, 04:59:28 PM »

I think most of us have agreed with that.  It's the trend that I've repeatedly noted is concerning.

i don't know if it's happening more or maybe because just about everyone has a video camera with them(cell phone)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1956 on: April 09, 2015, 06:12:37 PM »
i don't know if it's happening more or maybe because just about everyone has a video camera with them(cell phone)

I suspect it is that latter. A now retired friend of mine, was a Portland police officer. When he was still a newbie on the force he liked to brag about harassing people just because he could. Being a police office can be a power trip. Despite all the psychological testing these folks go through before they become officers of the law, some nut jobs slip through. As far as I know, my friend never killed a suspect.

These days, a person can't pick their nose without risking it being videotaped. One would have to be a little out of control to think they would get away with killing someone, especially in public.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #1957 on: April 10, 2015, 01:13:29 AM »
so out of all the daily interactions with people tell us how many  cops are abusing  their power,i think you'll find it very small

There's degrees of abuse - someone need not shoot an unarmed man in the back before attempting to plant evidence. The reality is that most cops have, at some point, abused their power in some capacity. Even if we ignore trivial abuses of power (and we shouldn't) the reality is that power-tripping cops are plentiful, very often in glorious video. Here's another case: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-officers-pummel-man-repeatedly-after-chase-stolen-horse-n338881

But you don't worry about objective facts of reality... you want to play a game - and let's be clear, that's all asking for a percentage is. You think it will stump me, alas you're wrong. I simply won't take the approach you think I will. Instead I"ll argue that even if the percentage is very small, the sheer number of police encounters ensures that the number of people who will come to face with a copy abusing their power is not negligible.

would you stop with the common sense stuff please?!

Common sense? Funny. That is an attribute a lot people in your profession seem to lack.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1958 on: April 10, 2015, 05:00:15 AM »
There's degrees of abuse - someone need not shoot an unarmed man in the back before attempting to plant evidence. The reality is that most cops have, at some point, abused their power in some capacity. Even if we ignore trivial abuses of power (and we shouldn't) the reality is that power-tripping cops are plentiful, very often in glorious video. Here's another case: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-officers-pummel-man-repeatedly-after-chase-stolen-horse-n338881

But you don't worry about objective facts of reality... you want to play a game - and let's be clear, that's all asking for a percentage is. You think it will stump me, alas you're wrong. I simply won't take the approach you think I will. Instead I"ll argue that even if the percentage is very small, the sheer number of police encounters ensures that the number of people who will come to face with a copy abusing their power is not negligible.

Common sense? Funny. That is an attribute a lot people in your profession seem to lack.

most of the people I find that have a problem with  the police are usually low lives or trash

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1959 on: April 10, 2015, 05:19:06 AM »

most of the people I find that have a problem with  the police are usually low lives or trash
well if you know these people you must move in these circles?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1960 on: April 10, 2015, 05:27:03 AM »
well if you know these people you must move in these circles?

you don't have to know or interact with people to see and hear shit

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1961 on: April 10, 2015, 05:33:10 AM »
you don't have to know or interact with people to see and hear shit
Mate, this is not police hate just the few Individuals who give the good officers a bad rep. you also canīt call any critical person a piece of trash. Look at some of the videos...FFS ::)  You could be on the receiving end of an asshole Officer yourself.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1962 on: April 10, 2015, 05:49:45 AM »
Mate, this is not police hate just the few Individuals who give the good officers a bad rep. you also canīt call any critical person a piece of trash. Look at some of the videos...FFS ::)  You could be on the receiving end of an asshole Officer yourself.

you and I agree just a few individuals,my comment is for the ones on here who think it's a wide spread problem,i didn't say they are all trash I said most

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1963 on: April 10, 2015, 05:58:03 AM »
you and I agree just a few individuals,my comment is for the ones on here who think it's a wide spread problem,i didn't say they are all trash I said most
yes but a few Individuals in each state across the US gives an alarming amount of Unprofessional Officers. Now i wrote before i think there should be 1/2 Academies in the US to teach a set standard.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #1964 on: April 10, 2015, 06:17:15 AM »
Great posts in here, Donny. Will look today at the vid you posted.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1965 on: April 10, 2015, 06:22:16 AM »
Great posts in here, Donny. Will look today at the vid you posted.
cheers Jack

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1966 on: April 10, 2015, 08:46:52 AM »
most of the people I find that have a problem with  the police are usually low lives or trash

Which is, at best, anecdotal evidence. Perhaps those are the types of people you find because those are the types of people you associate yourself with. Get back to me when you have something a bit more solid.

Except that the evidence suggests that it's not just a few individuals. The evidence suggests that most abuse their authority, albeit to varying degrees. It's wrong to ignore some of abuse because it doesn't result in someone being beaten to within an inch of their life or outright killed.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #1967 on: April 10, 2015, 10:08:32 AM »

bingo

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1968 on: April 10, 2015, 12:53:49 PM »
bingo

Are you suggesting it's ok if it's there's no video?

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1969 on: April 10, 2015, 02:15:31 PM »
bingo

Is The Abuse of Power / Job okay in your Book.?
Or Should those With The Authority Of Law Enforcement
Be Held To Zero Tolerance.
And a Higher Standard of Professional Behaviour.
Or Do We Continually Overlook & Make Excuses.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1970 on: April 10, 2015, 03:35:58 PM »
Are you suggesting it's ok if it's there's no video?

-Certainly hope not.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1971 on: April 10, 2015, 04:24:31 PM »

Except that the evidence suggests that it's not just a few individuals. The evidence suggests that most abuse their authority, albeit to varying degrees. It's wrong to ignore some of abuse because it doesn't result in someone being beaten to within an inch of their life or outright killed.
[/quote]

Which is, at best, anecdotal evidence. . Get back to me when you have something a bit more solid.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #1972 on: April 10, 2015, 04:42:42 PM »
North Charleston video:

I'm sure Blacken's ok with this cop killing the guy since he was black and had a rap sheet.

That looks like a straight up execution. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1973 on: April 10, 2015, 04:42:46 PM »

But that really just means there's been a lot of underlying abuse going on where the cops haven't been caught.

So whether it's trending up, or just being exposed, it's extremely problematic.  And, in terms of militarization of the police, I think it's all but a foregone conclusion that that is on the increase.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #1974 on: April 10, 2015, 04:45:47 PM »

This case already has all the markers of the sheriff trying to cover shit up and protect these officers at all costs.  Anytime we hear shit like 'I've called for an investigation', you know it's code for cover up.  Otherwise, just like Slager, they would move quick and decisively.

Of course, out in CA the cops can shoot up a truck with 2 women, claim they were scared it might have been a big black man, and get cleared by the DA's, police departments, and courts.  Unfuckingreal.