Author Topic: N.Y.C. is F U C ^ # D after Bloomberg.  (Read 70384 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: N.Y.C. is F U C ^ # D after Bloomberg.
« Reply #300 on: April 07, 2021, 10:15:53 AM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #301 on: April 07, 2021, 02:07:55 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: April 08, 2021, 03:06:24 PM »
https://www.fox5ny.com/news/ny-lawmakers-reach-212-billion-economic-deal-to-boost-economy

>:( :(

'But Democrats, including the mayor, say the fears that New Yorkers will flee the state are unfounded.

"The vast majority of wealthy people — they are going to stay in New York City because they want to be in New York City, because they like the life available to them in New York City," he said, "because they can make more money in New York City than a lot of other places."'

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #304 on: April 08, 2021, 03:45:27 PM »
'But Democrats, including the mayor, say the fears that New Yorkers will flee the state are unfounded.

"The vast majority of wealthy people — they are going to stay in New York City because they want to be in New York City, because they like the life available to them in New York City," he said, "because they can make more money in New York City than a lot of other places."'

Everyone told me the same thing about Houston.

A year later in NM i'm making more money and have better things available to me.

Just much less options, which is fine with me.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #305 on: April 08, 2021, 05:02:09 PM »

A year later in NM i'm making more money and have better things available to me.

NYC is a garbage dump right now

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: April 08, 2021, 06:02:46 PM »
Been trying to move a relative out of NYC 1 bedroom apartment for the last 6 months..

No movers want to touch any job less than $20k min they are so overloaded.

Nobody wants free furniture, can't donate anything as nobody is taking donations.... so she's stuck

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: April 09, 2021, 04:31:39 AM »
https://nypost.com/2021/04/08/stop-abusing-our-children-and-open-the-schools

>:(

New York’s wealthiest look for exits as state readies hefty tax increase
cnbc ^ | APR 8 20215:00 PM EDT | Brian Schwartz
Posted on 4/8/2021, 11:15:36 PM by BenLurkin

New York’s top business leaders are gearing up for a potential mass exodus as Gov. Andrew Cuomo and state lawmakers prepare to raise their taxes.

With the state budget set to increase the personal income tax on the wealthiest New Yorkers as well as hiking corporate taxes, some executives who fled the city for Florida temporarily due to coronavirus pandemic lockdowns are considering permanent relocation, according to business leaders briefed on the matter.

Wealthy business leaders who have historically resisted moving at least some of their resources to Florida or other less-taxed states explained to CNBC that they are now seriously reconsidering as working from home becomes the norm, allowing more flexibility.

Within the more than $200 billion state budget, the top tax rate gets bumped to 9.65% from 8.82% for single filers who make more than $1 million. Those who make between $5 million and $25 million would be taxed at around 10.3% and for those making more than $25 million the rate would be at 10.9%. Wealthy earners are expected to get hit with those new taxes in the next tax season, with the rates expiring in 2027.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnbc.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: April 09, 2021, 08:50:59 AM »
New York state to give one-time $15,600 payment to illegal aliens...
Citizen Free Press ^ | 04/08/2021
Posted on 4/8/2021, 10:17:23 PM by SeekAndFind

The Democrat-controlled New York legislature has passed a budget deal that includes a $2.1 billion fund for illegal immigrants – including a one-time, $15,600 payment for those who lost their job during the pandemic, in a sweeping move which could benefit nearly 300,000 people in the state.

Illegal workers are eligible to receive $15,600 if they can prove they are New York state residents who are ineligible for unemployment benefits due to their immigration status, and lost income due to the pandemic.

Other illegals who are unable to meet the same level of verification will be eligible for $3,200.

Continue reading…

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #310 on: April 09, 2021, 09:04:31 AM »
New York state to give one-time $15,600 payment to illegal aliens...
Citizen Free Press ^ | 04/08/2021
Posted on 4/8/2021, 10:17:23 PM by SeekAndFind

The Democrat-controlled New York legislature has passed a budget deal that includes a $2.1 billion fund for illegal immigrants – including a one-time, $15,600 payment for those who lost their job during the pandemic, in a sweeping move which could benefit nearly 300,000 people in the state.

Illegal workers are eligible to receive $15,600 if they can prove they are New York state residents who are ineligible for unemployment benefits due to their immigration status, and lost income due to the pandemic.

Other illegals who are unable to meet the same level of verification will be eligible for $3,200.

Continue reading…

trickle up economics

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: April 09, 2021, 01:00:29 PM »

Where in New Mexico?

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: April 09, 2021, 02:41:49 PM »
Where in New Mexico?

Just on the outskirts of Santa Fe.

It's been life changing to live here.

Very quiet and relaxed.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: April 09, 2021, 03:01:35 PM »
trickle up economics

Trickle up poverty

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #314 on: April 09, 2021, 05:28:38 PM »

Very quiet and relaxed.

I have a small piece of land in Otero County ... hopefully I can put a home on it one day (I used to live in El Paso but fell in love with N. Mex.)
~

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: April 10, 2021, 12:47:02 PM »

Very quiet and relaxed.
Yes, a lot of fun New Age chicks there as well.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #316 on: April 12, 2021, 08:37:33 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: April 12, 2021, 09:00:26 AM »
Liberal Insider spinning for the NYC mess.  When was the last time you walked around NYC?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: April 12, 2021, 09:06:39 AM »
Parent in New York sues to ‘marry’ their adult child
LifeSite News ^ | April 12, 2021 | Michael L. Brown
Posted on 4/12/2021, 12:01:33 PM by ebb tide

Parent in New York sues to ‘marry’ their adult child
Let this serve as a further wake-up call in the midst of our ongoing moral decline. What on earth could be coming next?
April 12, 2021 (LifeSiteNews) — On April 5, 2007, Time Magazine asked the question, “Should Incest Be Legal?” Three years later, when Columbia University professor David Epstein was arrested for a three-year, consensual affair with his adult daughter, his attorney noted, “It’s OK for homosexuals to do whatever they want in their own home. How is this so different? We have to figure out why some behavior is tolerated and some is not.” Not surprisingly, some Columbia students asked why any sexual acts committed by consenting adults should be considered a crime.

Today, that question is being asked again, this time in the context of a lawsuit reported by the New York Post on April 10. Specifically, “A New Yorker who wants to marry their own adult offspring is suing to overturn laws barring the incestuous practice, calling it a matter of ‘individual autonomy.’”

“‘Through the enduring bond of marriage, two persons, whatever relationship they might otherwise have with one another, can find a greater level of expression, intimacy and spirituality,’ the parent argues in the Manhattan Federal Court claim filed April 1.”

Really now, in light of the prevailing logic that love is love, since this is consensual and between adults, why not?

One immediate answer, aside from the obvious revulsion and horror which quite naturally greets this request for “marriage,” is that it is biologically dangerous. Any children produced as a result of this union could have serious genetic issues.

In this case, however, we are told that this is not an issue. According to the filing, “The proposed spouses are adults. The proposed spouses are biological parent and child. The proposed spouses are unable to procreate together.” The lawsuit even uses the acronym “PAACNP,” standing for “Parent and Adult Child Non-Procreationable.”

So, this would either refer to a same-sex parent and child who cannot, therefore, procreate, or to an opposite sex parent and child, one or both of whom is unable to procreate because of age or biological problems. Why say no to them?

As their argument goes, “Parent-and-adult-child couples for whom procreation is either virtually or literally impossible can aspire to the transcendent purposes of marriage and seek fulfillment in its highest meaning.”

Indeed, they claim that it would “diminish their humanity” if they were unable to marry. Why would anyone want to do something so cruel to them? Wasn’t it diminishing to the humanity of gays to forbid them the ability to “marry”? (For those who are unfamiliar with my own views, I’m simply playing the devil’s advocate here.)

After all, who are we to tell people who they can and cannot love? Haven’t we been told that love is love? That love wins? That we have the right to marry the one (or ones) we love? Why draw the line here?

For some years, I have been documenting the increasing acceptance of adult, consensual incest in our culture, including these articles:

“Here Comes Incest, Just as Predicted” — posted September 14, 2012, with documentation going back to 2007 and including reference to GSA (Genetic Sexual Attraction) along with actual cases in the courts in other countries.

“Next stop on slippery slope: Incest” — posted July 23, 2014, adding a surprising statement from a judge in Australia along with the latest celebration of incest in pop culture.

“Why Can’t Two Gay Brothers Marry?” — posted October 27, 2015, citing a pro-incest argument from a gay politician in Ireland.

“Legalizing adult incest — here we go again” — posted January 27, 2016, including further cultural updates.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: April 12, 2021, 10:35:48 AM »
Didn't Woody Allen already make this a thing in NY?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: April 27, 2021, 04:44:24 AM »
Believe It or Not, a New Level of Corruption and Depravity for New York City
American Thinker.com ^ | April 27, 2021 | Jack Wisdom

The district attorney of Manhattan in NYC has announced that his office will no longer prosecute any unlicensed "massage" parlor workers (about 900 cases), nor loitering for the purposes of prostitution (about 5,000 cases). Abigail Swenstein, a staff attorney with the Legal Aid Society's Exploitation Intervention Project, which works with sex workers, said that while the policy doesn't preclude the New York Police Department making arrests, she hopes officers will choose not to, knowing that prosecutors would not bring charges. Laws against these behaviors are still on the books but will not be prosecuted. The citizenry has not repealed these laws, but the ever wise and dictatorial district attorney will spit in the face of the citizenry (and God) by deeming these activities unworthy of punishment.

This writer could find reference to only one person, New York Assemblyman Mike Reilly, a Republican, who said Manhattan's new prostitution policy sets a dangerous precedent. "It flies in the face of law and order," he timidly said. To me, the fact that there is not an outcry of opposition is as grievous as the decision itself.

This is but the latest in a list of repulsive changes in law enforcement made unilaterally by the D.A. Mr. Vance in his vulgar arrogance boasts that since 2010, he has cut the number of cases handled by his office in half by not prosecuting marijuana smoking and ownership, subway fare evasion, unlicensed vending, nonpayment of fines, loitering for prostitution, peaceful protests (read: looting, burning stores, dousing police with buckets of water and spitting on them). In short, he has retracted the policing practices that so improved the safety and quality of life in New York City begun under Rudy Giuliani's administration as mayor (1994–2001).

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: April 27, 2021, 05:03:26 AM »
"Next up...marrying your dog, cat or pet chicken."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: April 27, 2021, 06:02:06 AM »
Deblasio owned yet again.