Author Topic: Beyonce wants to lasso the role of Wonder Woman  (Read 12120 times)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: Beyonce wants to lasso the role of Wonder Woman
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 10:04:21 PM »
nadia is pretty.  Too bad she always looks surprised.  Jessica biel would be a great wonder woman.  MMMM, if carmen electra was a better actress..yum

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 12:26:46 AM »
Beyonce should stick to playing the role of cum dumpster for Jay Z. 

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 05:25:31 AM »
nadia is pretty.  Too bad she always looks surprised.  Jessica biel would be a great wonder woman.  MMMM, if carmen electra was a better actress..yum

Yeah, I don’t know WTF is up with those pics.
I just grabbed them at random; she doesn’t normally look like she’s having an aneurysm.

She’s on one of the daytime soaps, and is extremely attractive – in an exotic sort of way. I believe I read somewhere that she’s expressed interest in playing the WW role, and her name has been tossed around some.

In the end, it’ll probably be a big budget film that goes to a big name…unless they do it like 2004’s Punisher. Thomas Jane may not have been the best choice, but he surprised a lot of people with how well he did.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 04:34:54 PM »
And the catwoman movies sucked ass.  Sorry but keep it close to the comic.  SHe is hot but this isn't her role.  Why not have rosie o'connel (wth everi is her name) play aretha franklin.  same shit right.

WRONG!!! One, we are talking about comic book characters, not actual people.

As mentioned earlier, movies adapted from comic books almost NEVER "keep it close to the comic". In the Batman comics, Joker doesn't kill Bruce Wayne's parents. But in the Batman movie, starring Michael Keaton, the Joker does.

Nor does Two-Face kill Dick Grayson's family in the comics. But, that's how it went down in "Batman Forever".

Back to the Punisher example. In the comic, "The Russian" is a big, bald, and fat slob; in the 2004 Punisher movie; a super-muscular Kevin Nash, with a blonde flat-top, portrays "The Russian".

As for Catwoman, the movie was far from great. But, that has to do more with the script itself, not the fact that Berry is portraying the lead character.

Actually, Halle Berry might make a better Wonder Woman than Beyonce. Truth be told, were it 10 years ago, Vanessa Williams would have been TERRIFIC for the part.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 04:45:51 PM »
I don't think Beyonce could "open" a movie to much bigger numbers than a relative unknown as the main star. That kind of goes for just about any actress for whatever reason though. Meryl Streep is considered the greatest actress in the world, yet no studio would put her in a 100 million dollar+ movie as the headliner. Actresses alone just don't sell tickets the way male movie stars do. That being said, why not use someone who looks just like Wonder Woman? I would cast Katharine McPhee personally.

E

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 02:48:14 AM »

This lady would make a great Wonder Woman:

Sorry Montague, ...she doesn't stand a chance. She's a TV actress, no film behind her.
They're going to want to cast someone who can guarantee a huge opening weekend.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 02:52:12 AM »
I don't think Beyonce could "open" a movie to much bigger numbers than a relative unknown as the main star. That kind of goes for just about any actress for whatever reason though. Meryl Streep is considered the greatest actress in the world, yet no studio would put her in a 100 million dollar+ movie as the headliner. Actresses alone just don't sell tickets the way male movie stars do. That being said, why not use someone who looks just like Wonder Woman? I would cast Katharine McPhee personally.

We know she can sing, ...but can she act?
w

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 05:20:34 AM »
Sorry Montague, ...she doesn't stand a chance. She's a TV actress, no film behind her.

She appeared in If I Knew I Was A Genius with Sharon Stone & Whoopi Goldberg, as well as the highly acclaimed Redline with our own uncrowned Mr. O, Kevin Levrone.
 ;)
She’s got some other film credits to her name, but nothing starring or even really supporting, so I know what you mean, and I agree.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 05:24:57 AM »

Actually, I think they should cast Michael Keaton in the role.

I mean, nobody thought he could play Batman, either and look…

;D

Aquiles

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 07:05:26 AM »
This lady would make a great Wonder Woman:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004294/

I second this motion!   ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 11:58:58 AM »

Really?  Did Christopher Reeve meet that qualification when they cast him as Superman?  Did Brandon Routh?  Or Toby McGuire for that matter?  In movies of this type--movies with a title character that has a well known history and built in audience--often an inexpensive newcomer is what they prefer.  They don't need a big actor to draw a crowd because the character alone does that.  Sometimes, putting an expensive big name actor in a title role like this undermines the film. :-\

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 11:20:37 PM »
Really?  Did Christopher Reeve meet that qualification when they cast him as Superman?  Did Brandon Routh?  Or Toby McGuire for that matter?  In movies of this type--movies with a title character that has a well known history and built it audience--often an inexpensive newcomer is what they prefer.  They don't need a big actor to draw a crowd because the character alone does that.  Sometimes, putting an expensive big name actor in a title role like this undermines the film. :-\

YES & NO. You raise some valid points, ...however, regardless of whether they choose a newcomer, or marquee,
...one thing is for sure, ...they had better be able to nail the character. Acting ability is far more important than looks. With hair stylists, wigs, makeup artists, costume designers, prosthetics etc., ...they can pretty much make anyone look anyway they want them to, it doesn't matter how much the character looks like the character, if they don't channel the energy or essence of the character. That's where they make it or break it. To focus more on the look of the character over the essence of the character would be the equivalent of casting Mike Tyson to play a scary tough guy in a voiceover

I'm going to assume you saw Angela Bassett's portrayal of Tina Turner in the biopic. Do you remember your reaction when they inserted some actual concert footage of Tina Turner in towards the end of the movie?
w

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 04:49:26 AM »
That's where they make it or break it. To focus more on the look of the character over the essence of the character would be the equivalent of casting Mike Tyson to play a scary tough guy in a voiceover

:D
This is very true.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2009, 06:32:23 PM »
does nadia have eye lids?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2009, 07:02:41 PM »
Yes, but she only blinks once every two hours.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2009, 08:47:09 PM »
ahh ok just checking.  I wonder if she owns stock in visine?

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2009, 01:47:26 PM »
Yes, but she only blinks once every two hours.

She looks like a kid Christmas morning.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2009, 11:19:42 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2009, 11:24:22 AM »
Marvel Comics Nick Fury

Before:

After:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2009, 07:10:59 PM »
She looks like a kid Christmas morning.

I wouldn't mind finding that under my tree.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 09:13:33 AM »
Marvel Comics Nick Fury

Before:

After:

Um.... he's not Nick Fury anymore.

And WW is part of the DC holy trinity. It won't fly with the fan base.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2009, 10:14:17 AM »
Um.... he's not Nick Fury anymore.

And WW is part of the DC holy trinity. It won't fly with the fan base.

Who is not Nick Fury anymore?  You must be referring to Samuel Jackson.  But that is not what I was talking about.

Nick Fury went from being white to being black in the comic books and in the Ultimate Avengers DVDs.

I don't think Beyonce, regardless of her skin color, would make a good Wonder Woman anyway.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2009, 10:19:24 AM »
Nick Fury is a C list character along the lines of Rick Jones.  Most people have no idea who he is so making him black is a non-issue.  But as someone said above, WW is part of DC's holy trinity.  She most certainly should not be played by a black actress.  >:(

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2009, 04:15:51 PM »
Nick Fury is a C list character along the lines of Rick Jones.  Most people have no idea who he is so making him black is a non-issue.  But as someone said above, WW is part of DC's holy trinity.  She most certainly should not be played by a black actress.  >:(

Exactly! When you start fucking with the holy trinity (Superman, Batman, and  Wonder Woman) the public takes notice. They are American icons.

No one is going to care about Nick Fury and it only helps that Samuel Jackson is a cool guy.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2009, 09:43:30 PM »

I can see Megan Fox cast as Wonder Woman.  :)  I think Angelina Jolie would make a better Wonder Woman tho.
w