Author Topic: what was the last film(s) you watched?  (Read 186150 times)

bradistani

• Getbig V
Re: what was the last film(s) you watched?
« Reply #50 on: September 02, 2011, 04:28:32 PM »
When a Stranger Calls (2006) - did an excellent job of keeping up the suspense throughout most of the movie and delivered some pretty creepy moments.. one to watch in the dark with your missus and a few drinks  :)

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2011, 05:28:27 PM »
Man, I loved Scott Pilgrim.

Sucker Punch bored me to a point where I stopped watching after about 15 minutes.

I lasted 30 minutes.  I wanted to like it but just could not get into it.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #52 on: September 02, 2011, 07:18:26 PM »
Man, I loved Scott Pilgrim.

Sucker Punch bored me to a point where I stopped watching after about 15 minutes.

Scott Pilgrim was OK, but the Asian chick was annoying and while the CGI was as good, Sucker Punch's was better. Half the reason I like Sucker Punch more is because of the girls, esp. Abbie Cornish and Emily Browning.

Brandon Routh looked pretty jacked in Scott Pilgrim.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #53 on: September 02, 2011, 07:26:12 PM »
Saw Captain America two nights ago - liked it being in 3D - was an ok film and is left open for the next one in more modern times.

Chucked on the Tom Green classic Freddy got fingered last night - always good for a few chuckles and shocking those who have never seen it before  ;D

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2011, 08:23:42 AM »
Scott Pilgrim was OK, but the Asian chick was annoying and while the CGI was as good, Sucker Punch's was better. Half the reason I like Sucker Punch more is because of the girls, esp. Abbie Cornish and Emily Browning.

Brandon Routh looked pretty jacked in Scott Pilgrim.

she was gorgeous, wasn't she!!!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2011, 08:28:45 AM »

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 05, 2011, 03:55:03 PM »
The Toxic Avenger (1984) insane troma hilarity.. i liked  :)

exocet

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2011, 04:09:45 PM »
Warning: Not for the faint of heart, or loose of bowels.  ::)

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2011, 02:32:27 PM »
Blair Witch Project....it sucked!
T

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2011, 03:19:43 PM »
Just finished watching the complete set of Ken Burns' Civil War.

Unbelievable.
G

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2011, 04:41:43 PM »
Thor (2011) - excellent! felt kinda rushed at times, but that's just a tiny complaint. great action and a few lol moments, and portman, even when playing an unglamorous scientist, still looks incredible.. can you imagine being thor and fucking her with all the power of a lustful god ?!  :P

look forward to getting the blu !

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2011, 04:02:13 PM »
Bridesmaids (2011) - a borefest interspersed with a few titters and not a single guffaw and NO TITS!  :(

and people actually compaered this to 'the hangover'  ::)

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2011, 10:34:46 AM »
Jason X (2001) - better than i remembered but still fucking daft, especially towards the end. i got a slight 'aliens' vibe from it with the military scenes. the robot bird was pretty hot. if you've never seen it, then don't bother wasting your time  :-\

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2011, 10:18:47 AM »
Attack the Block (2011) - not bad i suppose. got tired of the fucking patois gansta accent pretty quickly, 'innit bruv'  ::) some funny moments though, and it was good to see certain people getting fucked up..

the alien beasties were pretty cool though...

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2011, 10:39:52 AM »
Twisted Nightmare (1982/released 1987) - god, this was fucking bad, even by the low standards of some of the shittier slasher films from the glorious 80s.

briefly, cos i can't be arsed.. a group of old high school friends reunite at a holiday cabin where the last time they were all together there, the retard brother of one of the girls burns to death in the barn for no apparent reason. yeah, like that's a good place for a reunion and a really shitty party  ::)

oh, yeah ! the camp is built on a cursed, ancient indian burial ground.. like they always are  ::)

to cut a shit story short.. the dead brother (summoned by his rather tasty sister) comes back to kill all the friends in ways you can hardly see on screen.. fuck it, it was shit.. AVOID!!!

even the tits couldn't save this mess  :-X

actually, it brought back rather vivid memories of pot luck nature of renting horror videos in the 80s/90s. they'd draw you in with a great video case cover.. so you'd check out the picture, then look at the back, read the vague description, see a picture of some decent gore, a monster and some tits... sold ! rush home to watch what woukld usually turn out to be a pile of shit..  :'( ah, the good old days  :P

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2011, 04:46:55 PM »
Nightmare City (1980) - more than decent euro horror featuring a plague of infected zombie type creature. only these bastards are intelligent and can fucking run instead of that useless shuffle of the dead.

i liked pretty cool synthesizer music that came on when the creatures were fucking shit up.

also pretty cool how not one female, including doctors and surgeons, felt the need to wear a bra. so we got plenty of tits flopping everywhere. plus the zombies liked to tear oopen their female victims clothes to stab them in the chest or in one case, slice half her tit off and drink her blood from her gushing wound  :P

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2011, 07:53:33 AM »
Very interesting low budget movie "The Man From Earth" (2007)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

"An impromptu goodbye party for Professor John Oldman becomes a mysterious interrogation after the retiring scholar reveals to his colleagues he is an immortal who has walked the earth for 14,000 years."

The entire movie takes place in 1 room, very interesting dialogue filled with historical references. A man describes how he walked the earth as a caveman and never ages. A room full of scholars attempt to debunk his theory but and slowly drawn into his fantastical story.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2011, 08:07:28 AM »
Inception 8/10

Loved it. Nowhere near as complex a lot of people were describing. I guess people don't want to engage their brain at all during the movies.

Planet Terror/Death Proof
7/10

Planet Terror was the better of the two. Very fun and some hilarious one liners.

"Cube" 1,2 and 3 7/10

Low budget but very engaging. Solid Sci fi mystery with very tense set pieces. Sequels are "decent"

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2011, 08:27:42 AM »
Powder Blue (2009) 6/10

Four Los Angelenos -- a mortician, an ex-con, a suicidal ex-priest, and a stripper -- are brought together on Christmas Eve by a mixture of circumstances.

Similar to Will Smith's "Seven Pounds" or "Magnolia", with multiple character stories crossing paths. Very ambitious with a strong cast but a little ham fisted in its message. Definately flew under the radar so it's worth checking out (Jessica Biel plays a pole dancer, the scenes are epic-think Salma Hayek in Dusk Till Dawn")

Magnolia 10/10

One of my favourites. Epic in every sense, great acting, music, crazy story. Long but worth it.

Paris, Texas 7/10

Slow moving but memorable with a great slide-guitar soundtrack.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2011, 12:30:49 PM »
Taxi Driver

Blue Velvet

Step Father

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2011, 04:32:43 PM »
Hanna (2011) - hit girl meets bourne.. if only !

started off pretty good and had some great fight scenes, but didn't really go anywhere much after her escape.. it is worth a watch though.. just could have been so much better.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2011, 05:05:51 PM »
The Woman (2011) - well that was certainly different... in a good way! what happened near the end took me totally by surprise !  :)

based on a ketchum novel, and i think a kind of follow up to 'offspring 2009', which i've got somewhere but yet to watch. shall have t o dig it out i think..

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2011, 11:51:20 AM »
Saw 'The Debt"   - awesome movie.   Loved every second of it,. 

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2011, 03:45:49 PM »
The Vampire Bat (1933) - a village is in the grips opf terror as a spate of unexplained  deaths is blamed on vampire bats, or worse, human vampires.

suspicion soon turns to village simpleton, herman (dwight frye who played fritz in frankenstein), on account of his apparent like of bats and that he looks so well fed and healthy despite not having a job or begging for food/money.

poor herman is hounded to his death and yet the deaths keep on occurring.

anyway, turns out that all along it wasn't vampire bats, vampires or poor herman responsible for all the deaths... but the very well respected dr. otto von niemann (the legendsry , lionel atwill). who has managed to create life in his laboratory (a rather sad looking, pulsating bath sponge  ;D) that must be sustained by human blood. human blood collected from murdered villagers and made to look like vampirism is alive and well giving cover to the evil dr. and his diabolical experiment in creating life...

as cheesy as these films can sometimes be.. they're always thoroughly entertaining  :)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2011, 06:05:40 PM »
Sherlock Holmes

Le Pacte des Loups

Iron Man II