Author Topic: McCaskill Misleads with Tweet She Had No Contact with Russian Ambassador  (Read 1358 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
"Seedy ties" to Russia.  I wonder what they discussed?  Trying to get Hillary elected?   :o

McCaskill Misleads with Tweet She Had No Contact with Russian Ambassador
by Penny Starr
2 Mar 2017

Claire McCaskill (D-Mo) sent out a misleading Tweet on Thursday claiming that she had never, “ever” met or spoken with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, while previous Tweets showed she met and spoke to the Russian official in 2013 and again in 2015.

“I’ve been on the Armed Services Committee for 10 years. No call or meeting with Russian ambassador. Ever. Ambassadors call members of the Foreign Res Com,” McCaskill tweeted on Thursday.

Almost immediately following her Tweet, McCaskill’s past Tweets contradicted her claim, including two retweeted by National Review Online Editor Charles C. W. Cooke showing a Tweet in 2013 and another in 2015 that said the senator spoke and met with Kislyak.

•On Jan. 30, 2013 McCaskill tweeted “Off to meeting w/Russian Ambassador. Upset about the arbitrary/cruel decision to end all US adoptions, event those in process.”
•On Aug. 6, 2015 McCaskill tweeted “Today calls with British, Russian and German Ambassadors re: Iran deal. #doingmyhomework.

Charles C. W. Cooke
✔  ‎@charlescwcooke 
Claire McCaskill says she’s had “no call or meeting w/Russian ambassador. Ever.” But she tweeted about two. It’s easy to forget.
4:09 AM - 2 Mar 2017

Following Cooke’s Tweet and others picking up the story, McCaskill admitted on Twitter that she and “many senators” had met with the ambassador four years ago to discuss the U.S. halt to adopting Russian children, but then falsely reiterated her original claim:

“Again, as a senior member of the Armed See, never received call or request from Russian Ambassador for meeting. Never met one-on-one w/him,” McCaskill tweeted.

When asked by Breitbart News why she claimed she had never met or spoken with the Russian ambassador when her Tweets showed otherwise, McCaskill’s communication director defended her by saying she had not met “one-on-one” with him.

“Attorney General Sessions met one-on-one with the Russian ambassador in the midst of a Russian cyber campaign against the U.S., and then misled the Judiciary Committee under oath about that meeting,” John LaBombard told Breitbart News via email. “He then tried to excuse it by saying it was part of the normal course of his Armed Services Committee work.

“Claire has never met one-on-one with the ambassador, and never received a call from him,” LaBombard said. “She did attend a group meeting about adoptions with other senators, and had a brief proactive call with the ambassador amid calls to several other parties to the Iran nuclear deal.

“Attorney General Sessions, on the other hand, misled the Senate under oath,” LaBombard said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/03/02/mccaskill-misleads-with-tweet-she-had-no-contact-with-russian-ambassador/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Better get the new attorney general to investigate her .
Oops , can't do that , A.G. Sessions just recused himself from those investigations . :D

Sorry...

Seems to me with all of the lies the libs are perpetrating they could easily appoint an independent prosecutor to hang all of their asses. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
Wow!

I like you Coach and am quick to defend your right to post your political beliefs.

BUT, this is so partisan , I'm not going to make any additional comments.

So you're saying I can choose between Democrats or the Russians...?

I'd have a LOT more guilt killing a Russian.  ;D

a

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
It's reasonable that certain circles in America view Russia so negatively.
I remember how they had to put up those road barriers at new year's eve celebrations in New York in fear of Russian tanks.

Wait... it was for the muzzies which of no negative comment is allowed  :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I've read, that a movement exists to UNITE all the white, Christian  people .
The basic idea isn't mere racism, but, a support of the most successful culture.
On the surface it appears to be a totally objective , merit based civilization.

Problem is, it judges people (mostly) on race and religion.
Thus, no matter how decent a NON-white , NON-Christian is, they can't be included.

I'm against this all or none ideal.
I'll take my chances on the ideals in my US constitution.

Can you post a link to what you read? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
It's called "White Nationalism" and numerous groups around the globe promote it.
To be fair, most groups have their own advocacy groups.
The NAACP for blacks and anti-defamation league for Jews come to mind.

Since the dawn of the civil rights era, pro-white groups have been linked with racism.
Those extreme groups like the KKK deserved the racist tag of "white supremacist".

But, I see no problems with ANY ethnic group promoting their culture.
To me the idea that white folks can't self-promote their virtues seems racist.

Problems occur when you only give rights to those in your group.
ISIS would be the worst example.

You claimed to have "read, that a movement exists to UNITE all the white, Christian  people." 

I'd like to read what you read.  Can you post a link? 

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Yeah, Howard.  I'd like to see it, too.