Author Topic: Mid Terms Elections Thread  (Read 5662 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Mid Terms Elections Thread
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2014, 09:23:02 PM »
Rick Scott wins re-election!

Those Florida races are almost always interesting!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2014, 09:26:41 PM »
240 voted for who?   ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2014, 09:34:25 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

Andrea Mitchell: 'President Obama Was a Drag'
NBCNews ^ | November 04, 2014
Posted on November 5, 2014 12:01:53 AM EST by Steelfish

Andrea Mitchell: 'President Obama Was a Drag'

Democrats may be wishing President Obama sat this one out. With Republicans poised to take control of the Senate and making gains in the House of Representatives, it seems that Obama's charisma cache may have run out, NBC's Andrea Mitchell pointed out to Brian Williams on Tuesday.

"First of all, what (Tuesday night's early results) tells us about this campaign, this election, is that President Obama was a drag," said Mitchell. "Look at Kentucky ... Two-thirds of the voters in Kentucky, had a negative view, did not like President Obama. That was an enormous headwind for Alison Grimes. You wondered why she was refusing to say whether she voted for president Obama. That’s why!"

In exit polls on Tuesday, 44 percent of voters said they approve of President Barack Obama, but 54 percent disapprove. And despite 79 percent of voters saying they disapprove of the job Congress is doing, Obama appeared to be the lighting rod at the polls.

(Excerpt) Read more at nbcnews.com ...

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2014, 09:49:19 PM »
Holy fucking shit.... GOP looks to be picking up 9 seats in the Senate.  IL and Maryland elect R governors.   With Snyder, Walker and Kasich cruising to re-election, GOP now has governors in OH, MI, IN, IL, WI and IA.....been around for a long time, don't recall that ever happening before.

This is a complete repudiation of big government liberalism...can the dems move back towards the center in time for 2016?  They better start marching because it should be abundantly clear even to the most ardent lefty that their brand of governance has fallen out of favor...again

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2014, 10:11:07 PM »
I didn't like the legalization thing, but wow, 57% of people here wanted it.  So much for democracy. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2014, 10:17:11 PM »
I didn't like the legalization thing, but wow, 57% of people here wanted it.  So much for democracy. 

You're closer to the atmosphere down there than all of us...could we see legalized recreational pot within the next 10 years in Florida?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2014, 10:30:08 PM »
You're closer to the atmosphere down there than all of us...could we see legalized recreational pot within the next 10 years in Florida?

oh, it'd pass if they re-ran it tomorrow.

I had SO MANY pot users with records saying "If I could vote for it, I would!"

EVERYONE down here smokes pot.  Except me, I hate smoke due to contact lenses, always have.  And since i"ve been born my family is full of lazy potheads who live in poverty, so I always connected the two (I know that's not the case, but I suspect how my chemistry will react).

People were VIOLENTLY angry about losing this.  I havent seen this much passion on an issue in my entire life.  And it's funny how many folks I know are closet stoners too lol.   

Still, personally, I was against it, and pretty vocal about it - until they have a DUI test for stoners, I don't want it.  Too many idiots drinking or texting when speeding on our undeveloped roads.  last thing I wanted was pot added to the mix.  Road is FULL of distracted people.  Pot doesn't exactly help with focus and reaction time lol...