Author Topic: In Like Flynn  (Read 50717 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: In Like Flynn
« Reply #300 on: May 14, 2020, 10:27:06 AM »
Judge Sullivan Disregards Two Controlling Precedents By Appointing Amicus In Flynn Case
Mark Chenoweth - Contributor
May 14, 2020
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markchenoweth/2020/05/14/judge-sullivan-disregards-two-controlling-precedents-by-appointing-amicus-in-flynn-case/#677104bd6f0a

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2020, 01:45:40 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: May 20, 2020, 02:06:32 PM »
https://thebulwark.com/45751-2/
Susan Rice Email Debunks the “Obamagate” Conspiracy Theory

He had a meeting with his intelligence team where he was briefed about Gen. Flynn’s back-channel conversations with a country that had committed an attack on our elections during his watch.

At the meeting he is told that some of Flynn’s conversations with Russia are unusual, but none of them include the sharing of any classified intelligence.

Obama says that the investigation should be done “by the book” unless new information comes to light at which point he should be briefed again.

President Obama privately warns President-elect Trump about Flynn in one of their only conversations.
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/08/obama-warn-trump-michael-flynn-238116

How exactly does an email she sent to herself after she was no longer in office, where she says "by the book" three times, referring to a meeting that took place weeks earlier, debunk Obamagate?? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2020, 06:19:29 PM »
How exactly does an email,  (previously released in redacted form),  she sent to herself after she was no longer in office, where she says "by the book" three times, referring to a meeting that took place weeks earlier, prove  Obamagate??

Weak.  Who said it proves it?  You posted a story saying the email disproves it.  How does it disprove it? 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #304 on: May 22, 2020, 10:03:05 AM »
Weak.  Who said it proves it?  You posted a story saying the email disproves it.  How does it disprove it?

Don't bother with libtardians such as the person you were responding to as they are all for suckcess over success.  They are societal leeches.

FTN, brother!  Be well!  ;D

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #305 on: May 23, 2020, 11:03:16 PM »
Judge in Flynn case hires lawyer as appeals court reviews his decision not to dismiss: report

U.S. District Court Judge Emmett G. Sullivan has taken the unusual step of hiring an attorney to represent him as an appeals court reviews his decision not to immediately grant the Justice Department's (DOJ's) request to dismiss its case against former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

Sullivan hired attorney Beth Wilkinson who, according to The Washington Post, is expected to notify the D.C. Court of Appeals within the next week of her decision to represent him. Wilkinson reportedly is a go-to for high-profile officials in difficult situations. For example, she previously represented then-Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh as he fought sexual misconduct allegations in 2018.

The added representation compounded what has become an abnormal case, which is rooted in Flynn misleading the FBI about his contacts with Russia after the 2016 presidential election. Although Flynn pleaded guilty, he's currently seeking to withdraw that plea as the Justice Department argues that the FBI had an insufficient basis to interview him in the first place.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/judge-sullivan-lawyer-wilkinson-flynn-case

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: May 31, 2020, 10:45:17 PM »
You might be doing something unconstitutional as a judge if you have to hire a lawyer for your decision. And lawyers wonder why they are hated...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2020, 05:45:17 PM »
CliffsNotes:  General Flynn told the truth.  Mueller and his team lied.  Conclusive proof laid out in this article.

Declassified Flynn Transcripts Contradict Key Mueller Claims Against Flynn
Newly released declassified transcripts of call transcripts and summaries between Flynn and Kislyak contradict key claims made against Flynn by former Special Counsel Robert Mueller.
By Sean Davis
MAY 29, 2020
https://thefederalist.com/2020/05/29/declassified-flynn-transcripts-contradict-key-mueller-claims-against-flynn/?fbclid=IwAR0u8UjtsaP82AkRPIHOiyfnJKJpsdAM5HMO6U3jevdr35LAz2wRlo-7pWo#.XtV36suF6E8.facebook

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #308 on: June 24, 2020, 08:55:45 AM »
Appeals court orders judge to dismiss Michael Flynn case

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia on Wednesday ordered that a federal judge dismiss the case against President Donald Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn, ending his long court battle and freeing him of the prospect of a prison sentence.

By a 2-1 vote, a three-judge panel said U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan had no choice but to grant the Justice Department's motion to drop the case against Flynn.

"Because this is not the unusual case where a more searching inquiry is justified, and because there is no adequate remedy for the intrusion on 'the Executive’s long-settled primacy over charging decisions,' we grant the petition for mandamus in part and order the district court to grant the government’s Rule 48(a) motion to dismiss the charges against Flynn," Judge Neomi Rao, a Trump appointee, wrote in the three-judge panel's majority decision.

Flynn twice pleaded guilty to charges that he lied to FBI agents in Jan. 2017 about his conversations with Russia's ambassador to the U.S. But after an agreement to cooperate with prosecutors fell apart in a separate case involving Flynn's former business partner, Flynn sought to withdraw his plea.

Last month, Flynn asked the appeals court for an order directing U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan, who is handling his case, to dismiss it. That came after the Justice Department filed a motion to dismiss the case, which led Sullivan to appoint a retired federal judge to examine the government's justification and to analyze whether Flynn should be separately found in contempt of court for his guilty plea.

Because he was never sentenced, Flynn was never actually convicted so there is no conviction to wipe off the record. If Sullivan follows the appeals court's instructions and formally grants the government's motion to dismiss, the case will be over. Sullivan could also appeal Wednesday's ruling to the U.S. Supreme Court. He has not said whether he would do so.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/appeals-court-orders-judge-dismiss-michael-flynn-case-n1231988

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: June 24, 2020, 04:14:23 PM »
Appeals court orders judge to dismiss Michael Flynn case

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia on Wednesday ordered that a federal judge dismiss the case against President Donald Trump's former national security adviser Michael Flynn, ending his long court battle and freeing him of the prospect of a prison sentence.

By a 2-1 vote, a three-judge panel said U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan had no choice but to grant the Justice Department's motion to drop the case against Flynn.

"Because this is not the unusual case where a more searching inquiry is justified, and because there is no adequate remedy for the intrusion on 'the Executive’s long-settled primacy over charging decisions,' we grant the petition for mandamus in part and order the district court to grant the government’s Rule 48(a) motion to dismiss the charges against Flynn," Judge Neomi Rao, a Trump appointee, wrote in the three-judge panel's majority decision.

Flynn twice pleaded guilty to charges that he lied to FBI agents in Jan. 2017 about his conversations with Russia's ambassador to the U.S. But after an agreement to cooperate with prosecutors fell apart in a separate case involving Flynn's former business partner, Flynn sought to withdraw his plea.

Last month, Flynn asked the appeals court for an order directing U.S. District Judge Emmet Sullivan, who is handling his case, to dismiss it. That came after the Justice Department filed a motion to dismiss the case, which led Sullivan to appoint a retired federal judge to examine the government's justification and to analyze whether Flynn should be separately found in contempt of court for his guilty plea.

Because he was never sentenced, Flynn was never actually convicted so there is no conviction to wipe off the record. If Sullivan follows the appeals court's instructions and formally grants the government's motion to dismiss, the case will be over. Sullivan could also appeal Wednesday's ruling to the U.S. Supreme Court. He has not said whether he would do so.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/appeals-court-orders-judge-dismiss-michael-flynn-case-n1231988

Outstanding. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: June 24, 2020, 04:20:20 PM »
Outstanding.

Although this seems like a done deal, it may not yet be over. Makes no difference to me. Just saying, that's what I read in today's Oregonian and the New York Times.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: June 24, 2020, 04:26:12 PM »
Although this seems like a done deal, it may not yet be over. Makes no difference to me. Just saying, that's what I read in today's Oregonian and the New York Times.

Yes Judge Sullivan can ask for the entire appellate court panel to hear the case and he could also appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.  I doubt either one of those would be successful.  I'm just glad this man's long nightmare is just about over.

Now I hope President Trump makes him part of his cabinet, if no other reason than to give the middle finger to the crooks who tried to ruin General Flynn's life. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: June 24, 2020, 04:39:19 PM »
Yes Judge Sullivan can ask for the entire appellate court panel to hear the case and he could also appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.  I doubt either one of those would be successful.  I'm just glad this man's long nightmare is just about over.

Now I hope President Trump makes him part of his cabinet, if no other reason than to give the middle finger to the crooks who tried to ruin General Flynn's life.

That would be an interesting move on Trump's part considering he fired him when all this started. He's counting on people having short memories. Trump basically burned Flynn by firing him. If I were Flynn, I'd think real hard before accepting a position on Trump's cabinet.

"Three years ago, President Trump swiftly fired his first national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, for lying to the F.B.I. Ahead of the November election, Mr. Trump and his allies are now telling a very different tale.

Mr. Flynn, top White House officials said then, had lied to Vice President Mike Pence and other aides about the nature of his calls to the ambassador, had lied repeatedly to F.B.I. agents about the calls, and might have made himself vulnerable to Russian blackmail."

“This case reeks of political influence,” said Marshall L. Miller, a former top prosecutor in Brooklyn and the principal deputy of the Justice Department’s criminal division. “Mr. Flynn admitted twice under oath that he lied to the F.B.I. Political appointees at D.O.J. are now trying to rewrite the law to erase the crime.”"

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/us/politics/trump-michael-flynn.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #313 on: June 25, 2020, 11:47:48 AM »
That would be an interesting move on Trump's part considering he fired him when all this started. He's counting on people having short memories. Trump basically burned Flynn by firing him. If I were Flynn, I'd think real hard before accepting a position on Trump's cabinet.

"Three years ago, President Trump swiftly fired his first national security adviser, Michael T. Flynn, for lying to the F.B.I. Ahead of the November election, Mr. Trump and his allies are now telling a very different tale.

Mr. Flynn, top White House officials said then, had lied to Vice President Mike Pence and other aides about the nature of his calls to the ambassador, had lied repeatedly to F.B.I. agents about the calls, and might have made himself vulnerable to Russian blackmail."

“This case reeks of political influence,” said Marshall L. Miller, a former top prosecutor in Brooklyn and the principal deputy of the Justice Department’s criminal division. “Mr. Flynn admitted twice under oath that he lied to the F.B.I. Political appointees at D.O.J. are now trying to rewrite the law to erase the crime.”"

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/14/us/politics/trump-michael-flynn.html

Yes, President Trump believed General Flynn lied.  So did I.  Then I looked at the facts, as did President Trump.  Now we know with absolute certainty that they set this man up and that it was orchestrated by Obama and Biden.