Author Topic: Trump v. Biden 2020  (Read 36388 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Trump v. Biden 2020
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2020, 12:01:49 PM »
This is no "winner of the national popular vote," because there is no "national popular vote" contest.  If there was, the candidates would run much differently.  And presidential elections would be decided by about three or four states.   

Right there is no national popular vote. Please excuse my dyslexia. I think you are smart enough to know what I meant. -Maybe not.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2020, 02:25:59 PM »
Right there is no national popular vote. Please excuse my dyslexia. I think you are smart enough to know what I meant. -Maybe not.

I know exactly what you're trying to do.  You are trying to delegitimize the president's victory by claiming Hillary Clinton received more votes than Trump.  It's a weak and flawed position for the reasons I already stated.  And for context purposes, Clinton's ENTIRE popular vote spread came from California, where Trump didn't even campaign. 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #102 on: July 02, 2020, 03:19:45 PM »
This is no "winner of the national popular vote," because there is no "national popular vote" contest.  If there was, the candidates would run much differently.  And presidential elections would be decided by about three or four states.   

Some of the most populous counties were won by Democrats but there are over 3000 counties total in the US.

However, Trump won 2626 counties vs Clinton's 489. Quite a difference.

Just Los Angeles County (the most populous county in the US) where  Democrats won by over 70% they had almost 1.7 million votes more.

In Cook County, Illinois, (the 2nd most populous county), again the Democrats won with over 70% and almost 1.1 million votes more.

Just these 2 counties alone (the most populous in the US) which are heavily Democrat (over 70%) account for 2.8 million votes which is approximately that "popular vote" difference Hillary supporters keep mentioning.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2020, 09:29:38 PM »
Some of the most populous counties were won by Democrats but there are over 3000 counties total in the US.

Just Los Angeles County (the most populous county in the US) where  Democrats won by over 70% they had almost 1.7 million votes more.

In Cook County, Illinois, (the 2nd most populous county), again the Democrats won with over 70% and almost 1.1 million votes more.

Just these 2 counties alone (the most populous in the US) which are heavily Democrat (over 70%) account for 2.8 million votes which is approximately that "popular vote" difference Hillary supporters keep mentioning.

Great info.  Thanks.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2020, 10:53:40 PM »
The Democrats have a big problem in the fact that they are not denouncing political agitators like Antifa/BLM, etc.

That gives the impression that they are aligned with lawlessness.

It's amazing that folks in Seattle, NY, and Oregon are experiencing massive chaos and destruction and still vote blue.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2020, 11:49:04 PM »

I think if you were to do a survey you'd find democrats gravitate to cities and republicans to rural areas. In states like Oregon, this is very much the case, which explains why it is so strongly democratic. There are three counties in the Portland Metro area. The two that have the largest rural areas are the more politically diverse with a mixture of democrats and republicans. Multnomah County is almost exclusively urban. Democratic candidates very consistently win the elections there.

For several years the state house representative in my district was a right wing republican. At election times her lawn signs (more like billboards) were all over the fences of the country estates. In the last election, her democratic opponent, a nurse, had the nurse's union behind her pouring lots of money into her campaign and she won. Organizations can dump a lot more money into a campaign than a few very wealthy people can.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: July 03, 2020, 07:35:58 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2020, 12:16:10 PM »

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2020, 10:16:57 PM »
I can't wait for the debate.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2020, 11:48:54 AM »
I can't wait for the debate.

Assuming they actually have debates.  I'm not convinced Biden will participate.  They are laying the groundwork now.

Biden Should Not Debate Trump Unless …
Here are two conditions the Democrat should set.
By Thomas L. Friedman
Opinion Columnist
July 7, 2020
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/opinion/biden-trump-debate.html?smid=fb-share&fbclid=IwAR21Ru282_xej8uWQpMt4sHlsPu9yQqKHevW4Tp_eVxuvwqUxawJDLyUIfY

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2020, 12:08:24 PM »
Assuming they actually have debates.  I'm not convinced Biden will participate.  They are laying the groundwork now.

Biden Should Not Debate Trump Unless …
Here are two conditions the Democrat should set.
By Thomas L. Friedman
Opinion Columnist
July 7, 2020
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/07/opinion/biden-trump-debate.html?smid=fb-share&fbclid=IwAR21Ru282_xej8uWQpMt4sHlsPu9yQqKHevW4Tp_eVxuvwqUxawJDLyUIfY

LOL @ Friedman... Plus his "terms" are ridiculous. And the "fact checkers" we've seen in previous debates were ridiculous.

Covid-19 did Biden's team a great favor as they have been keeping him in his basement so that he doesn't make too many embarrassing public appearances.

If the live debates do happen and the questions or topics are not given out beforehand, I think that bumbling old Biden will be humiliated. Trump will be his usual self, with all the crazy reactions, typical quotes and theatrics which, however, seem to have worked in his favor so far.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2020, 03:41:35 PM »

Normally I'd say "nah, there's no chance" but it is 2020 and stranger things have happened. ???

I think it's unlikely that Biden will back away, although, considering his inability to properly enunciate even simple words like "JOE" and "JILL" it might have been a good idea. Just claim that attendance would mean missing out on the early bird special or something.

I really do think they'll have the debates and that it'll end up being as cringeworthy as the Family Guy video above or maybe even like this:

I don't care if you're for Trump or Biden. They're both equally repulsive to me and I I think that it's a disgrace to have our leaders be septuagenarians:

Donald Trump: 74
Joe Biden: 77
Mitch McConnell: 78
Nancy Pelosi: 80
Chuck Schumer: 70.

The only one who's not in his 70s is Kevin McCarthy and at 55 he ain't no spring chicken either. Between the six of them, their average age is 72. Take McCarthy out and the average age is almost 76! Note that actuarial tables peg the average life expectancy in the U.S. at 75 for a male and 80 for a female. So our leadership is comprised almost entirely of people that are, statistically speaking, dead.

These assholes all have at least one foot in the grave and may very well not live to see NYE 2021, but they are the people we have making decisions for the rest of us. They're the people still wanting to run to keep their position of power. Tell me, what the fuck is that?!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2020, 05:18:35 PM »
LOL @ Friedman... Plus his "terms" are ridiculous. And the "fact checkers" we've seen in previous debates were ridiculous.

Covid-19 did Biden's team a great favor as they have been keeping him in his basement so that he doesn't make too many embarrassing public appearances.

If the live debates do happen and the questions or topics are not given out beforehand, I think that bumbling old Biden will be humiliated. Trump will be his usual self, with all the crazy reactions, typical quotes and theatrics which, however, seem to have worked in his favor so far.

In addition to the poll numbers purportedly showing Biden leading, this is exactly why I don't think Biden will participate in the debates.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2020, 05:21:32 PM »
Normally I'd say "nah, there's no chance" but it is 2020 and stranger things have happened. ???

I think it's unlikely that Biden will back away, although, considering his inability to properly enunciate even simple words like "JOE" and "JILL" it might have been a good idea. Just claim that attendance would mean missing out on the early bird special or something.

I really do think they'll have the debates and that it'll end up being as cringeworthy as the Family Guy video above or maybe even like this:

I don't care if you're for Trump or Biden. They're both equally repulsive to me and I I think that it's a disgrace to have our leaders be septuagenarians:

Donald Trump: 74
Joe Biden: 77
Mitch McConnell: 78
Nancy Pelosi: 80
Chuck Schumer: 70.

The only one who's not in his 70s is Kevin McCarthy and at 55 he ain't no spring chicken either. Between the six of them, their average age is 72. Take McCarthy out and the average age is almost 76! Note that actuarial tables peg the average life expectancy in the U.S. at 75 for a male and 80 for a female. So our leadership is comprised almost entirely of people that are, statistically speaking, dead.

These assholes all have at least one foot in the grave and may very well not live to see NYE 2021, but they are the people we have making decisions for the rest of us. They're the people still wanting to run to keep their position of power. Tell me, what the fuck is that?!

Their ages don't really matter to me.  It's whether they are mentally and physically strong and healthy enough to do the job.  Some 70 year olds are confined to a nursing home and can barely function.  Some still lift.  Some run marathons.  It really depends.   

But regarding strange things happening, like I just told one of my friends, I cannot argue with logic, but I will say I have seen a lot of illogical things the past six months. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2020, 08:11:37 PM »
Their ages don't really matter to me.  It's whether they are mentally and physically strong and healthy enough to do the job.  Some 70 year olds are confined to a nursing home and can barely function.  Some still lift.  Some run marathons.  It really depends.   

Sure there are exceptions, but we really shouldn't be having 70-year olds running the show. Forget the cognitive decline that even the best preserved septuagenarian has. It's simply an issue of having someone who's statistically basically dead making decisions that might affect the rest of us for decades.

But regarding strange things happening, like I just told one of my friends, I cannot argue with logic, but I will say I have seen a lot of illogical things the past six months.

I never thought I'd say this but maybe the end is near!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2020, 08:32:22 PM »
Sure there are exceptions, but we really shouldn't be having 70-year olds running the show. Forget the cognitive decline that even the best preserved septuagenarian has. It's simply an issue of having someone who's statistically basically dead making decisions that might affect the rest of us for decades.

I never thought I'd say this but maybe the end is near!

I don't agree with the rigid 70 year old limit.  There are not exceptions, there are just a wide variety of abilities at that age.  Plus there is no substitute for life experience.  Older people have it and those who have taken care of and developed their minds and bodies are a treasure.   

I have actually said I'm about ready to go stand on the corner wearing one of those The End is Near signs.  lol 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2020, 08:38:35 PM »
I think there should be an age limit but first of all there should be term limits.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2020, 10:59:23 PM »
I have actually said I'm about ready to go stand on the corner wearing one of those The End is Near signs.  lol

That you and I agree on something is definitely scary  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2020, 11:14:16 AM »
I think there should be an age limit but first of all there should be term limits.

Definitely agree about term limits.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2020, 11:14:45 AM »
That you and I agree on something is definitely scary  ;D

Bruh we probably agree on more than you might think.   :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: July 10, 2020, 01:19:19 PM »
Trump has 91% chance of re-election, according to model that got 25 of the last 27 elections right
The political science professor predicts Trump will have an even larger win in 2020 than his 2016 victory
July 9, 2020
https://www.theblaze.com/news/trump-win-2020-election-prediction-model

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #121 on: July 18, 2020, 06:12:20 PM »
Joe Biden: Dumb, plagiarist, lying SOB

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2020, 11:19:07 AM »
100 days to Trump's re-election landslide!!!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2020, 07:08:35 PM »

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: August 03, 2020, 04:51:40 PM »
Op ed number two telling Biden not to debate Trump.  I'm predicting, again, that we will not see three debates and likely will not see any.

Joe Biden should not debate President Trump, Clinton’s ex-WH spokesman says
The former spokesman points to Biden's large lead in many polls
By Edmund DeMarche | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/joe-biden-should-not-debate-president-trump-clintons-ex-wh-spokesman-says?fbclid=IwAR1dH0fiTI-eBNxF-Nt1cjPoMLYFJWhCJiAmHP2WHYsTgWC85izmK4dbiPQ