Author Topic: Trump - Significant chance Trump drops out of the presidential race  (Read 2645 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Republican operative tells Fox News that Trump may drop out of the 2020 presidential race

You know things are bad for the president when his Administration's mouthpiece says Republican operatives think he may drop out of the race.

"It's too early, but if the polls continue to worsen, you can see a scenario where he drops out," one GOP operative who asked to remain anonymous told Fox News.

Another GOP source cited in the story says "I've heard the talk but I doubt it's true. My bet is, he drops if he believes there's no way to win."

Trump's polling numbers have been on the steep decline over the past few weeks due to his lackluster handling of the COVID-19 pandemic and the White House's response to the protests following the death of George Floyd.

"The poll numbers are definitely concerning," Dan Eberhart, a major donor and bundler for the president and other Republicans, told Fox News.

Eberhart said that since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, "what's really cause for concern for me is the slipping with the poll numbers with seniors. That's something that I'm personally watching."

James Carville says there’s a ‘significant chance’ Trump drops out of the presidential race

That’s Democratic strategist and “2020 Politics War Room” co-host James Carville on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Thursday morning, doubling down on his prediction last week that Donald Trump will drop out of the presidential race before November.

He suggested on the Comcast-operated CMCSA, -1.13% news channel that Republican senators including Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Martha McSally of Arizona and Dan Sullivan of Alaska will try to separate themselves from Trump this fall. “This is the great ‘Moscow Mitch’ strategy: ‘After Labor Day, we’re going to turn on him.’ That’s really going to work,” Carville said with sarcasm. “McSally and Sullivan and Lindsey have been licking his boots for three years and nine months. But, boy, come Labor Day, we’re going to get some separation.”

Carville continued by asserting “the chances of that working are zero. He is gonna drag the whole outfit down with him.” He listed anti-Trump campaigns such as the Republican-led Lincoln Project “bludgeoning him every night” and spending “tens of millions of dollars” to stop Trump from being re-elected — or, in his words, “to extract this menace from the body politic.”
X

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Significant chance Trump drops out of the presidential race
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 11:05:34 AM »

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 11:09:47 AM »
Dream on, libtards.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2020, 11:16:14 AM »
Libtards are delusional.  The mental illness is all encompassing.   

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2020, 11:50:14 AM »
That would be a disaster for the US, besides being overrun by radical leftists, they will be walked over by China and all their enemies.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2020, 12:12:55 PM »
Doubt it. Trumps actually made some gains in the last few days.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2020, 01:09:04 PM »
must be true when an unnamed "operative" says it to a news site.

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2020, 01:13:36 PM »

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2020, 01:16:38 PM »
The Lincoln Project

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lincoln_Project

You do realize that these guys were the advisors to John McCain’s 2008 election campaign, right?

They have as much credibility as Melvin Goodrum giving financial investment advice.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2020, 01:24:21 PM »
Loooooool

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2020, 01:27:57 PM »

You do realize that these guys were the advisors to John McCain’s 2008 election campaign, right?

They have as much credibility as Melvin Goodrum giving financial investment advice.

LOL   ;D

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 02:06:41 PM »
Bwahahahahaha!

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2020, 02:21:10 PM »
 ;D

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2020, 02:23:54 PM »
He's not gonna drop out

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2020, 02:32:57 PM »
👍

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2020, 02:39:41 PM »
POTUS' ego will never allow that to happen.  The overly publicized "civil unrest" and Covid could be thrown in his face, sure, but could Sleepy Joe capitalize on those things enough to win? 

Simply saying "this happened under Trump's watch, durrrr" will only carry significant weight with the Never-Trumper crowd.  Many of his die-hard supporters have only dug in deeper as a response to these attempts at being shamed by the media on a daily basis.  People get tired of that shit.  I hate to invoke that truly insane thing Katz said in "Pumping Iron," but he had a point when he blathered about being the type of abused dog who'd roll over and die v. the dog who grew sick of neglect and bit back.

As I said, his statement was indicative of a frighteningly poor and destructive mindset, but it speaks to tolerant, civilized people being so inundated with a slippery slope of crazy bullshit, there's seemingly no end in sight (taking down the Confederate monuments aren't enough?  Let's go after George Washington, then!  And Lincoln, because he didn't give a flying fuck about slaves!  Hell, let's blow up Mount Rushmore next!). 

These ideologues profess to be all about love and tolerance, but only when it suits their agenda.  They expect me to apologize for things my ancestors may or may not have done hundreds of years ago?  FUCK YOU!  By that reasoning, I reckon one of my ancestors had a raw deal at the hands of one of more descendents of some people in my area.  Maybe Jane down the street had an ancient ancestor who insulted mine by not following the sacred stipulations of a Druid burial ritual. 

Does that mean Jane owes me something compensatory?  She is cute, and she's got lips to rival Danielle Fisher or Angelina Jolie.  Would her blowjob make up for her great to the power of whatever's uncle's transgression?

It'd probably be good, but no :), because I expect no more reparations from someone from thousands of years ago than I plan to pay as much to slaves my ancestors might not have even owned circa the 19th century.

I know.  Tl,dr, hurf durf for the morons with a knat's attention span.  I'm a little tipsy.  So fucking sue me.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2020, 02:42:08 PM »
Tired of Democrat nonsense. No, this isn't true.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2020, 02:46:27 PM »
must be true when an unnamed "operative" says it to a news site.

PEDO mohammad "informs" SF19/AbraG        ;D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2020, 03:09:57 PM »
Republican operative tells Fox News that Trump may drop out of the 2020 presidential race

You know things are bad for the president when his Administration's mouthpiece says Republican operatives think he may drop out of the race.

"It's too early, but if the polls continue to worsen, you can see a scenario where he drops out," one GOP operative who asked to remain anonymous told Fox News.

Another GOP source cited in the story says "I've heard the talk but I doubt it's true. My bet is, he drops if he believes there's no way to win."

Trump's polling numbers have been on the steep decline over the past few weeks due to his lackluster handling of the COVID-19 pandemic and the White House's response to the protests following the death of George Floyd.

"The poll numbers are definitely concerning," Dan Eberhart, a major donor and bundler for the president and other Republicans, told Fox News.

Eberhart said that since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, "what's really cause for concern for me is the slipping with the poll numbers with seniors. That's something that I'm personally watching."

James Carville says there’s a ‘significant chance’ Trump drops out of the presidential race

That’s Democratic strategist and “2020 Politics War Room” co-host James Carville on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Thursday morning, doubling down on his prediction last week that Donald Trump will drop out of the presidential race before November.

He suggested on the Comcast-operated CMCSA, -1.13% news channel that Republican senators including Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, Martha McSally of Arizona and Dan Sullivan of Alaska will try to separate themselves from Trump this fall. “This is the great ‘Moscow Mitch’ strategy: ‘After Labor Day, we’re going to turn on him.’ That’s really going to work,” Carville said with sarcasm. “McSally and Sullivan and Lindsey have been licking his boots for three years and nine months. But, boy, come Labor Day, we’re going to get some separation.”

Carville continued by asserting “the chances of that working are zero. He is gonna drag the whole outfit down with him.” He listed anti-Trump campaigns such as the Republican-led Lincoln Project “bludgeoning him every night” and spending “tens of millions of dollars” to stop Trump from being re-elected — or, in his words, “to extract this menace from the body politic.”

Bahahaha! Talk about grasping for straws. Not a snowballs chance in hell. Even if Trump wanted to drop out he wouldn't just to save face and personal pride and narcissism.

Don't forget, you gave credence to 240 utterly asinine theory that Trump was a Hillary plant.

The lengths the Left will go to.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2020, 03:18:36 PM »
Bahahaha! Talk about grasping for straws. Not a snowballs chance in hell. Even if Trump wanted to drop out he wouldn't just to save face and personal pride and narcissism.

Don't forget, you gave credence to 240 utterly asinine theory that Trump was a Hillary plant.

The lengths the Left will go to.

It's getting hilarious , black guy (if he really runs) will take black votes from senile Joe   ;D

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2020, 03:22:31 PM »

It's getting hilarious , black guy (if he really runs) will take black votes from senile Joe   ;D

I agree it would be a masterstroke from Kanye, might be the help Trump needs for a second term. In saying that i can't see it happening its just publicity for his brand.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2020, 04:05:20 PM »

Good riddance

I knew he was going to quit like a bitch

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2020, 04:32:13 PM »
Can’t stand that fucker Mitch McConnell

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2020, 05:11:57 PM »

Good riddance

I knew he was going to quit like a bitch

Do you think his enormous ego would allow him to "quit like a bitch"? He lives in an alternate reality of his own creation.

Metaphorically speaking, I see this as a more likely end to his political career. Those closest to him will abandon him when he falls.

"Killed by a conspiracy of Senators who were upset over their lost power, Caesar is purported to have said upon being stabbed, 'Et tu, Brute?' , or 'You too, Brutus?' The phrase refers to Caesar's shock at seeing one of his best friends and political proteges, Marcus Junius Brutus, as part of the conspiracy to kill him."