Author Topic: Legalized Marijuana and the Crime Question  (Read 146529 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Legalized Marijuana and the Crime Question
« Reply #500 on: December 10, 2014, 01:01:33 PM »
didn't see this, you say choose as if it's a choice, why don't you choose to be attracted to men?

Because I'm man, and men are naturally attracted to women.  That's how most of got here.  What does that have to do with the legalization of marijuana? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #501 on: December 10, 2014, 01:12:03 PM »
Because I'm man, and men are naturally attracted to women.  That's how most of got here.  What does that have to do with the legalization of marijuana? 

LOL @ how you just assume that the way you see the world is the way everyone else must also see it

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #502 on: December 11, 2014, 04:27:55 AM »

You can't choose who you are attracted to, your silly natural (whatever that means, it occurs in nature and is thus natural) argument is complete fail, you didn't choose your attraction, same way a gay person cannot choose. Simple experiment, choose to be attracted to a man, sexuality is a choice after all.

Let us know the results. some species re produce without a mate, that is natural for them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #503 on: December 11, 2014, 04:30:11 AM »
1) legalize
2) tax the shit out of it
3) if you're driving stoned, you lose license for 2-5 years.

that I could live with.   I don't like it, but if it can relieve the massive debt, okay.   But if I'm run over by a stoner idiot, giggling while hotboxing,ugh.   I'd double DUI charges immediately and keep them off the road.  Too many casual people already drink 5 beers and drive... I don't want someone getting blazed and giggling "hey, the breathalizer cannot catch me!"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #504 on: December 11, 2014, 12:24:56 PM »
You can't choose who you are attracted to, your silly natural (whatever that means, it occurs in nature and is thus natural) argument is complete fail, you didn't choose your attraction, same way a gay person cannot choose. Simple experiment, choose to be attracted to a man, sexuality is a choice after all.

Let us know the results. some species re produce without a mate, that is natural for them.

I was naturally attracted to females, just like the overwhelming majority of men.  That said, we do choose our sexual practices.  Anyone can choose to engage in a homosexual lifestyle.  But if you're trying to say homosexuality is genetic, you are wrong. 

And this has nothing to do with legalizing dope. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: December 12, 2014, 08:08:02 AM »
I was naturally attracted to females, just like the overwhelming majority of men.  That said, we do choose our sexual practices.  Anyone can choose to engage in a homosexual lifestyle.  But if you're trying to say homosexuality is genetic, you are wrong. 

And this has nothing to do with legalizing dope. 

so you are naturally attracted to women but gay people are making a choice? that makes a lot of sense, not that I expect you to adhere to logic. It is clearly genetic. Hey man you made the comment in this thread, perhaps you shouldn't have mentioned it? particularly if you didn't want to have to support your position.

so you could choose to be attracted to men is what you are saying?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: December 12, 2014, 09:31:02 AM »
so you are naturally attracted to women but gay people are making a choice? that makes a lot of sense, not that I expect you to adhere to logic. It is clearly genetic. Hey man you made the comment in this thread, perhaps you shouldn't have mentioned it? particularly if you didn't want to have to support your position.

so you could choose to be attracted to men is what you are saying?

I made a comment in response to a question about whether I thought marijuana would be legalized:

I don't know.  I doubt it, but twenty years ago I never thought we'd have homosexual marriage.  Things can change pretty rapidly in this country. 

No idea about the alcohol. 

So no, I wasn't trying to turn this into some "homosexuality is genetic" discussion.   

It is "clearly genetic"?  I cannot tell you how many times I have read exclusive, breaking news on this website.  It's incredible.  lol

No it's not genetic.  You're trolling again.  The science doesn't support you.  There is no gay gene.  Numerous people have chosen to engage in that behavior and then stop.  It's a lifestyle choice.   

No, I cannot choose to be attracted to men.  I am only attracted to women.  (Well, actually just one.)  I could choose to engage in whatever sexual practices I want.  That's what homosexuals do.  Every consenting adult in this country has the right to sleep with whomever they want.  More power to them. 

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: December 12, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »
hey,hey,hey,
smoke weed everyday!!!

Gonna roll one after my meal, shower and shot then go train!
?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: December 12, 2014, 09:34:31 AM »
hey,hey,hey,
smoke weed everyday!!!

Gonna roll one after my meal, shower and shot then go train!

DUI post reported. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #509 on: December 12, 2014, 09:35:47 AM »
Feds: Native American Tribes Can Make Their Own Marijuana Laws
AP
Posted: 12/11/2014

GRANTS PASS, Ore. (AP) — The U.S. Justice Department said Thursday Indian tribes can grow and sell marijuana on their lands as long as they follow the same federal conditions laid out for states that have legalized the drug.

Oregon U.S. Attorney Amanda Marshall said Thursday the announcement addresses questions raised by tribes about how legalization of pot in states like Oregon, Washington and Colorado would apply to Indian lands.

Only three tribes have expressed interest in growing and selling marijuana, said Marshall, who co-chaired a group that developed the policy. One is in California, one in Washington state and one in the Midwest. She did not name them.

"That's been the primary message tribes are getting to us as U.S. attorneys," Marshall said from Portland. "What will the U.S. as federal partners do to assist tribes in protecting our children and families, our tribal businesses, our tribal housing? How will you help us combat marijuana abuse in Indian County when states are no longer there to partner with us?"

Marshall warned the announcement is not a green light to tribal authorities — and that marijuana is still illegal under federal law. The U.S. government's prosecution priorities involve pot-related gang activity, violence, sales to kids and trafficking continue, she said.

Problems could arise for tribes with lands in states that still outlaw marijuana, due to the likelihood that marijuana could be transported or sold outside tribal boundaries, she added.

Seattle attorney Anthony Broadman, whose firm represents tribal governments throughout the West, said the announcement represents a "potential for an enormous economic development tool here.

"If tribes can balance all the potential social issues, it could be a really huge opportunity," Broadman said.

But those social issues are monumental.

"Indian tribes have been decimated by drug use," Broadman said. "Tribal regulations of pot are going to have to dovetail with tribal values, making sure marijuana isn't a scourge like alcohol or tobacco."

Tribes selling marijuana may not be subject to state and local taxes, allowing them to undercut off-reservation sales. In Washington, taxes add 25 percent to the price of pot. But Alison Holcomb, a primary drafter of Washington state's legalization measure, said most people in larger states won't want to drive to far-flung reservations to buy pot.

"The reality is that so much of the market depends on convenience, it's not just price that drives consumer choices," Holcomb said.

The Yakama Nation in Washington state recently passed a ban on marijuana on the reservation and is trying to halt state regulated pot sales and grows on lands off the reservation where it still holds hunting and fishing rights. The Hoopa Valley Tribe in Northern California has battled illegal pot plantations on its reservation, where they cause environmental damage.

Marshall said with 566 tribes around the country recognized by the federal government, there will be a lot of consulting going on between tribes and federal prosecutors. As sovereign nations, some tribes have their own police, some rely on federal law enforcement, and some call in state and local police.

With limited resources and vast amounts of territory to cover, federal prosecutors will not prosecute minor cases, Marshall said.

The tribal policy is based on the so-called "Cole Memo" of August 2013, named after the deputy attorney general who wrote it, in which the Justice Department said the federal government wouldn't intervene as long as legalization states tightly regulate the drug and take steps to keep it from children, criminal cartels and federal property.

In all, the memo said, U.S. attorneys reserve the right to prosecute for eight issues: Sales to kids, marijuana proceeds going to criminal enterprises, shipping marijuana to states where it is illegal, illegal sales, firearms and violence, drugged driving and other public health issues, growing marijuana on public lands and possession of marijuana on federal property.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/11/native-american-tribes-marijuana_n_6311738.html

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #510 on: December 12, 2014, 09:38:48 AM »
DUI post reported.  

You do that...

Never said I was driving so I then plan to accuse you for having falsy accused me...
?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #511 on: December 12, 2014, 09:44:11 AM »
You do that...

Never said I was driving so I then plan to accuse you for having falsy accused me...

Walking while stoned post reported. 

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #512 on: December 12, 2014, 09:45:25 AM »
Walking while stoned post reported. 

LOL!!! Guilty, shit...
?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #513 on: December 12, 2014, 09:55:09 AM »

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #514 on: December 13, 2014, 07:15:26 AM »
I made a comment in response to a question about whether I thought marijuana would be legalized:

So no, I wasn't trying to turn this into some "homosexuality is genetic" discussion.   

It is "clearly genetic"?  I cannot tell you how many times I have read exclusive, breaking news on this website.  It's incredible.  lol

No it's not genetic.  You're trolling again.  The science doesn't support you.  There is no gay gene.  Numerous people have chosen to engage in that behavior and then stop.  It's a lifestyle choice.   

No, I cannot choose to be attracted to men.  I am only attracted to women.  (Well, actually just one.)  I could choose to engage in whatever sexual practices I want.  That's what homosexuals do.  Every consenting adult in this country has the right to sleep with whomever they want.  More power to them. 

Are you from the south or something? this is the most backwards post I think I have ever read. so you admit attraction is innate but can't possibly fathom that some people are attracted to the same sex? You are only attracted to one woman hey, oh brother. ::)

Your lifestyle choice argument is absurd, have you looked at any stats regarding mental health, suicide, bullying, quality of life for gays? why the fuck would anyone choose that? I am not trolling, gayness is not a choice, it's insulting to the kids struggling with these issues to have assholes like you say it's a choice, they would choose to be ridiculed and bullied or even take there own lives because they choose to?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: December 13, 2014, 03:41:59 PM »
Are you from the south or something? this is the most backwards post I think I have ever read. so you admit attraction is innate but can't possibly fathom that some people are attracted to the same sex? You are only attracted to one woman hey, oh brother. ::)

Your lifestyle choice argument is absurd, have you looked at any stats regarding mental health, suicide, bullying, quality of life for gays? why the fuck would anyone choose that? I am not trolling, gayness is not a choice, it's insulting to the kids struggling with these issues to have assholes like you say it's a choice, they would choose to be ridiculed and bullied or even take there own lives because they choose to?
LMFAO take a breath there and go help a gay teen through getting bullied.

Fact is it simply b/c they may be gentically predisposed to being attracted to it, engaging in the act is a CHOICE...

plenty of people have genetic predispositions to things like violence, addiction etc. It is still a choice for them to get into a fight or do drugs.

If you think that being gay isnt a choice then a person who is genetically predisposed to being violent doesnt have a choice in being violent I guess ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #516 on: December 15, 2014, 05:28:18 PM »

Are you from Canada or something? 

mature dialogue isn't my forte :D

No kidding.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #517 on: December 15, 2014, 05:28:47 PM »

Fact is it simply b/c they may be gentically predisposed to being attracted to it, engaging in the act is a CHOICE...

plenty of people have genetic predispositions to things like violence, addiction etc. It is still a choice for them to get into a fight or do drugs.

If you think that being gay isnt a choice then a person who is genetically predisposed to being violent doesnt have a choice in being violent I guess ::)

Agree. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #518 on: December 16, 2014, 06:59:53 AM »
Are you from Canada or something? 

No kidding.

The number of times I have owned you on here is infinite. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth again, for you it wasn't a choice, for gay people it is...mmmkay.

nothing you say has a modicum of logic, why would millions of people choose something so difficult? they wouldn't.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #519 on: December 16, 2014, 07:07:34 AM »

LOL

Ok, so you think they should deny themselves pleasure and life satisfaction? what if it was the other way around and you were had to suppress your urges for woman because it was frowned upon?

Ahh violence and addiction are negative things, being attracted to someone is not, why would you deny them love? comparing companionship to drug addiction (could be from trauma, abuse etc) is absurd. you are absurd.

False analogy, you are not comparing apples to apples here. Gayness harms no one, violence is against the law in most instances. One is a basic human condition, the other part of pathology. It's clearly not a choice, why the fuck is the suicide rate so high? they really want to live like that? Violence is also prone to things like setting, emotion, drugs etc gayness is not. If you are upset you don't turn gay, if you drink you don't turn gay. Sexual orientation is at the core of being human.

You can pull up your pants I am done.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #520 on: December 16, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
The number of times I have owned you on here is infinite. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth again, for you it wasn't a choice, for gay people it is...mmmkay.

nothing you say has a modicum of logic, why would millions of people choose something so difficult? they wouldn't.

::)  The only thing you own is a grossly exaggerated sense of self worth.  Nobody is impressed by the psychobabble ad hominem you spout on the board.  Even you're not impressed by you, you self-identified troll. 

mature dialogue isn't my forte :D

I am nothing like I am on here. On here I dislike people, very much so hence the vitriol I spew. I also do troll quite a bit.

This is why I don't take you seriously. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #521 on: December 16, 2014, 11:17:54 AM »
::)  The only thing you own is a grossly exaggerated sense of self worth.  Nobody is impressed by the psychobabble ad hominem you spout on the board.  Even you're not impressed by you, you self-identified troll. 

This is why I don't take you seriously. 

Meltdown.

You keep saying this thing about self worth, yet you post stuff where I am self-depreciating. Just in case you are unaware, based on who I am talking to or what the subject is I ass around. Pointing out that I troll or take the piss out of people is what you do when you lose an argument. Just because you aren't self aware enough to see you do it as well isn't my issue.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #522 on: December 16, 2014, 11:24:04 AM »
Meltdown.

You keep saying this thing about self worth, yet you post stuff where I am self-depreciating. Just in case you are unaware, based on who I am talking to or what the subject is I ass around. Pointing out that I troll or take the piss out of people is what you do when you lose an argument. Just because you aren't self aware enough to see you do it as well isn't my issue.

::)  You are apparently not smart enough to realize that repeatedly claiming that you have "won" some kind of "argument" on a friggin message board, while constantly trying to make yourself sound superior, when you're clearly not, is a classic example of an exaggerated sense of self worth.  

Let me break this down for you:  this is only the internet.  Nobody gives a rip how smart you think you are, whether you "win" some kind of argument.  What your alleged credentials might be.  How much money you make.  How long your little ding dong is.  Etc., etc.  

Nobody cares.   ::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #523 on: December 16, 2014, 11:35:52 AM »
::)  You are apparently not smart enough to realize that repeatedly claiming that you have "won" some kind of "argument" on a friggin message board, while constantly trying to make yourself sound superior, when you're clearly not, is a classic example of an exaggerated sense of self worth.  

Let me break this down for you:  this is only the internet.  Nobody gives a rip how smart you think you are, whether you "win" some kind of argument.  What your alleged credentials might be.  How much money you make.  How long your little ding dong is.  Etc., etc.  

Nobody cares.   ::)

You obviously care enough to reply, this board is for debate is it not? you often lose these debates when you engage with me, why post other then to have a good time and blow off steam?

I would also challenge your claim that message boards do not matter, this is patently false and can often have real life ramifications. My ding dong isn't little either, check your pm's.

you tend to try and assassinate my character when you are put in a corner, from this gay thing, to ebola to ben steins expelled. I could be just surfing the net but fucking with you is much more fun.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #524 on: December 16, 2014, 11:47:23 AM »
You obviously care enough to reply, this board is for debate is it not? you often lose these debates when you engage with me, why post other then to have a good time and blow off steam?

I would also challenge your claim that message boards do not matter, this is patently false and can often have real life ramifications. My ding dong isn't little either, check your pm's.

you tend to try and assassinate my character when you are put in a corner, from this gay thing, to ebola to ben steins expelled. I could be just surfing the net but fucking with you is much more fun.

Oh brother.  I have the good fortune to interact with a lot of very smart people from all different professions and education levels.  None of them act like you.  That's one of the hallmarks of people who are very intelligent:  they don't have to tell anyone.  Same with people who have a high net worth and/or high income.  It's obvious.  You?  You're trying too hard.  And it's not working.  You come across as a little kid sometimes.   

No, this message board is not real life, and the only reason I keep responding is I'm a little bored and have a little time on my hands.  And it's entertaining.   

And stop crying already.  Nobody is assassinating your character.   ::)  I didn't call you bad person.  I simply said you have an undeserved overly inflated ego and I'm not impressed by your proclaimed intellect. 

Nothing in my PMs.  Don't send me any gay pictures.  You got the wrong dude.