Author Topic: Why do most women dislike NFL football?  (Read 7454 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: Why do most women dislike NFL football?
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2006, 04:00:53 PM »
Yes, it IS a girls reason.  Good thing I'm a girl :)
horse racing :)

sorry, this is not NFL, nor is it a ball game, but...

If you pick nice colours, nice odds (like 33-1) and a truly silly name, it's fun.  big time adrenalin.  Each horse race only lasts a couple of minutes anyways, it's not like the golf or snooker.

My uncle Alan lives and breathes (and reads form and wins most days.  He makes a (littleish) living from it.

Watching the horses is fantastic.  We've been to Ascot, Sandown, Kempton and the all the other big near-to-London-ish venues.  And I always win.  Just by picking some mad name or fantastic silk colour.

xL

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2006, 04:01:33 PM »
id say most of the wives taht hate it actualy hate there fat husbands who never had a chance playing jv in highschool. it seems like most of the guys obsesd with things are the ones who never had a shot in hell at. i love football and other sports but i dont spend hours putting together a fanstasy team and then doing random trades or watching sports center till 2am to see the latest up to date stuff. i watch my teams if i have tme, or a good game on sunday. but besides that theres more important things to do like write on getbig at work

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2006, 04:07:21 PM »
id say most of the wives taht hate it actualy hate there fat husbands who never had a chance playing jv in highschool. it seems like most of the guys obsesd with things are the ones who never had a shot in hell at. i love football and other sports but i dont spend hours putting together a fanstasy team and then doing random trades or watching sports center till 2am to see the latest up to date stuff. i watch my teams if i have tme, or a good game on sunday. but besides that theres more important things to do like write on getbig at work

well put.

we can only dream, no?

UNLESS you get out there and participate.  BE PART OF THAT SPORT.  I've not yet decided which is my favourite.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2006, 07:29:48 PM »
I can only assume many women object to football because of those who like to sit around and watch it ...in their good clothes no less.  :-X
w

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2006, 08:18:01 PM »
Because during a good game the women usually are tuned out by the men.
The House that Ruth built

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2006, 08:19:19 PM »
Because during a good game the women usually are tuned out by the men.

during most bad games too.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2006, 08:22:32 PM »
during most bad games too.

True. Watching the Yankees game today I wanted to kick my girls ass because she wouldn't shut during the bottom of the ninth! >:(

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2006, 08:26:09 PM »
i remeber i was over at a friends house and his waif wanted to watch the game with us. She started asking a bunch of ?'s and then when a commercial came on she wanted to change a channel.  so after a while his brother told her to not ask any more stupid ?'s and to leave the remote alone.  She turned to my friend and asked "are you going to let him say that to me"  at which point he turned to her and withthe most intelectual face he could muster said "huh?"

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2006, 08:33:58 PM »
i remeber i was over at a friends house and his waif wanted to watch the game with us. She started asking a bunch of ?'s and then when a commercial came on she wanted to change a channel.  so after a while his brother told her to not ask any more stupid ?'s and to leave the remote alone.  She turned to my friend and asked "are you going to let him say that to me"  at which point he turned to her and withthe most intelectual face he could muster said "huh?"

ahahah. That is a classic.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2006, 08:36:51 PM »
she just rolled her eyes and slumped into the chair.  I thought it was funny as hell when i was there

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2006, 05:10:44 PM »
I was forced to watch footballas a child (older brother, one tv in the house) so I grew up with an pretty good comprehension of the game. I like football now. I don't always watch an entire game (gotta cook that rice, chicken and broccolli) but I do keep tabs on my teams.

btw...dallas sucks.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2006, 05:10:54 PM »
Hey STella  eagles win yessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2lean

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2006, 11:03:28 AM »
Cool thread!!
I love football (Go Rams and Go Mizzou Tigers and GO CARDINALS!!!!!-oops, that's baseball).  I love all sports.  As a matter of fact when I am out with my boyfriend and his friends and their wives, I tend to drift over to the male conversation - I can't take the "what kind of shampoo do you use" or "did you try this with your little Johnnie"?  UGH!!  Give me some good sports talk.  I like to see good clean games.  Yah, you are right that American Football there is little actual playing time as opposed to down time, as I call it.  But to see a well executed play either by the offense or defense is something of beauty.  Baseball can also be considered boring since there is no clock!

I feel for the guy whose gal yakked while he was watching the Yankees!  Too bad for the Yanks, I really like their manager, Joe Torre - used to play first base for the Cards (#9) and was a manager for a short time.  I am not a big fan of Detroit (I can't stand their 3rd base coach - Andy VanSlyke - he's a big jerk - used to play for the Cards - good player but that is all I can say about him.  Leyland is a good manager, though.  He has really turned this team around.) 

The Rams are off to a good start but I am optimistically cautious.  There is still alot of season to go yet. As far as the Mizzou Tigers are concerned, they had an easy pre-conference schedule.  Colorado, K- State, Kansas, Oklahoma State and Iowa State are not that good this year.  Nebraska is good but not at the great status they used to be and that also goes for Oklahoma.  Mizzou beat Texas Tech last weekend and have Texas A&M this weekend.  It is a home game for TX A&M and they are very tough at home, so I think this will be a tough road game for the Tigers. Could be there first loss this season.  We'll see....

My college was a soccer school and I didn't like it back then because I thought the only sport in the world was football.  After watching the World Cups, I am a huge soccer fan.  I can't believe how I got into it and it really didn't make any difference which country was playing, it was still exciting.

I have to apologize.  I am getting way off the topic.

To answer your question - yes, I for one love the NFL and loved it even when it was the AFL and NFL which is now the AFC and NFC!!!  (Good luck to all your favorite teams but may they not do well if they play the Rams!!! ha! ha!)