Author Topic: Ahmedinejad challenges Bush to a live TV debate.  (Read 6775 times)

JasonH

• Getbig V
Ahmedinejad challenges Bush to a live TV debate.
« on: August 29, 2006, 06:33:02 AM »
Just been hearing the the Iranian president has challenged George W Bush to a live TV debate.  ::)

Me thinks it ain't gonna happen. However, I wouldn't mind seeing them face off in a no-holds barred steel cage match.  :)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Ahmedinejad challenges Bush to a live TV debate.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 06:35:37 AM »
Just been hearing the the Iranian president has challenged George W Bush to a live TV debate.  ::)

Me thinks it ain't gonna happen. However, I wouldn't mind seeing them face off in a no-holds barred steel cage match.  :)

:o  Do you have a death wish for your president? Cause either scenario would result in a crushing defeat.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 06:37:02 AM »
Question #1... Mr President, would you be willing to allow a second 911 investigation?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 06:41:03 AM »
:o  Do you have a death wish for your president? Cause either scenario would result in a crushing defeat.
Neither of them are my president - we have good ol Tony Blair - Bush's lap-dog!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 06:42:07 AM »
I don't know,  I think George could take him in a fight? 

Saddam would kick both of there ass's...

S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 06:42:39 AM »

1) 7/7 was faked, homie.

2) The debate is a great idea to get all the facts on the table.  And no way will Bush garner national, much less international support for a war in Iran, if he is still refusing to even talk to the guy he's abotu to bomb.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 06:43:29 AM »

Oh, ...well in that case, ...I suppose Blair could lick his wounds afterwards.  ;D
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 06:44:29 AM »
I don't know,  I think George could take him in a fight? 

I hate muslim fundamentalists just an ounce less than I hate leaders who detonate towers full of their own people.  

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 06:46:19 AM »
I hate muslim fundamentalists just an ounce less than I hate leaders who detonate towers full of their own people. 
Oh yeah,  I agree,  just saying Bush is a buff dude...  ;D
S

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 06:51:58 AM »
It would be truly interesting.

And it would never happen.

Ahmedinejad is an intellectual, and I think he was a professor in engineering in the past.

Bush has the best speech writers I've seen, he's great when he doesn't have to face anyone. But he wouldn't last a minute in a debate.

A debate wouldn't serve any real purpose either.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 06:59:03 AM »
A debate wouldn't serve any real purpose either.

I think quite the opposite.  Bush wouldn't be able to create a false-flag attack and bomb the hell out of Iraq if he has the guy begging for a chance to get all the info on the table.

On the conspiracy boards out there, they're viewing this as halting Bush's ability to do another self-attack then blame them.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 07:03:31 AM »
1) 7/7 was faked, homie.

2) The debate is a great idea to get all the facts on the table.  And no way will Bush garner national, much less international support for a war in Iran, if he is still refusing to even talk to the guy he's abotu to bomb.

Haha, obcessive conpulsive disorder 240. :-X

What act of terrorism do you believe wasn't fabricated by the goverments of the world?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 07:06:30 AM »

I think quite the opposite.  Bush wouldn't be able to create a false-flag attack and bomb the hell out of Iraq if he has the guy begging for a chance to get all the info on the table.

On the conspiracy boards out there, they're viewing this as halting Bush's ability to do another self-attack then blame them.

Iraq?

Ahmadinejad is president in Iran.

Big difference.

Iran's real leader is the Ayatollah Khamenei BTW.

My point is, that a live debate wouldn't lead to any agreement between Iran and USA, it would only serve to humiliate the president of USA.

Perhaps funny, but bad for USA, and even worse for Iran. If Bush gets humiliated, it would lock the positions.

Better to work with diplomacy. Perhaps not as spectacular, but more effective.

Never humiliate your opponent.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 07:07:09 AM »
Suddam offered to debate Bush as well.
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 07:09:11 AM »
No need to insult, zack.  I know it's iran.  It's 10 am here and i'm up way earlier than usual.  

Bush is determined to attack Iraq before he leaves office.  This guy, instead of hiding and waiting for it like sadaam, is trying to delate the bushco war maching first.

Mood in America is way different than it was after 911.  Even with another staged attack here, I seriously doubt Bush would have 95% war support again.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 07:11:28 AM »
Anyone watch CSPAN this mourning?  LOTS and lots of callers that are outraged about whats going on in America.  The tides are turning.
S

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 07:18:05 AM »
No need to insult, zack.  I know it's iran.  It's 10 am here and i'm up way earlier than usual. 

Bush is determined to attack Iraq before he leaves office.  This guy, instead of hiding and waiting for it like sadaam, is trying to delate the bushco war maching first.

Mood in America is way different than it was after 911.  Even with another staged attack here, I seriously doubt Bush would have 95% war support again.

I apologize. Unnecessary on my part.

My analysis of Bush's take on Iran is similar with yours I guess. I believe he's looking to do some kind of attack of Iran, since Iran has become a powerhouse in the region.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 07:21:41 AM »
I apologize. Unnecessary on my part.

Don't apologise for being right you liberal cunt. What the fuck is the world coming to? :-\
الاسلام هو شيطانية

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 07:25:10 AM »
Iraq?

Ahmadinejad is president in Iran.

Big difference.

Iran's real leader is the Ayatollah Khamenei BTW.

If that's the case, ...there's a chance for diplomacy, ...cause Ahmadinejad is more hardcore than even the Ayotollahs.

My point is, that a live debate wouldn't lead to any agreement between Iran and USA, it would only serve to humiliate the president of USA.

It wouldn't have to be a humiliation, ...but I concede even if one weren't trying to humiliate him, ...it would be kind of hard not to. What it would do would be to open up the eyes of an American populace that was unaware of the true nature of the relationship between both states. And I'm sure that the negotiated settlement that Bush Sr was party to, whereby the US government agreed to pay Iran billions of dollars in restitution for the wrongdoing on the part of the US is not something they want coming out to the American public.

Perhaps funny, but bad for USA, and even worse for Iran. If Bush gets humiliated, it would lock the positions.

It might piss off Bush, and other PNAC warhawks, but there is no way the American people would be so childish and so petty as to let their country go to war over Bush's bruised ego. Not today, ...not with so many already dead soldiers from a series of premeditated murders & lies.

Bush getting thoroughly pwned infront of the American audience could be one of the best things to happen to the USA in the last 6 years! There is no way the American public would be stupid enough to elect anyone of his cabinet after that, ...and that would be a good thing for America, ...and the rest of the world. Bruised egos are always recoverable, ...but dead bodies of military personnel and civilians remain dead.

Better to work with diplomacy. Perhaps not as spectacular, but more effective.

Never humiliate your opponent.

YIP
Zack

I agree. Diplomacy works, ...but in order to have diplomacy, ...you need communication.
w

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 07:40:53 AM »
If that's the case, ...there's a chance for diplomacy, ...cause Ahmadinejad is more hardcore than even the Ayotollahs.

It wouldn't have to be a humiliation, ...but I concede even if one weren't trying to humiliate him, ...it would be kind of hard not to. What it would do would be to open up the eyes of an American populace that was unaware of the true nature of the relationship between both states. And I'm sure that the negotiated settlement that Bush Sr was party to, whereby the US government agreed to pay Iran billions of dollars in restitution for the wrongdoing on the part of the US is not something they want coming out to the American public.

It might piss off Bush, and other PNAC warhawks, but there is no way the American people would be so childish and so petty as to let their country go to war over Bush's bruised ego. Not today, ...not with so many already dead soldiers from a series of premeditated murders & lies.

Bush getting thoroughly pwned infront of the American audience could be one of the best things to happen to the USA in the last 6 years!
oThere is no way the American public would be stupid enough to elect anyone of his cabinet after that, ...and that would be a good thing for America, ...and the rest of the wrld. Bruised egos are always recoverable, ...but dead bodies of military personnel and civilians remain dead.

Bush would get absolutely killed in a debate.

It wouldn't help to better the relations between Iran and the rest of the world.

That's more important than pwning of a president that pretty much everyone disapproves of these days.

I would guess that most Republicans and all Democrats would like another president right now.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 09:59:36 AM »

www.bumfights.com

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 10:21:38 AM »
He basically made Mike Wallace look like a bumbling, stuttering fool on 60 minutes.  Ahmadinejad may be short and funny looking, but he's got that thing about him that makes you not want to underestimate him.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 10:49:39 AM »
bush couldnt debate his way out of a wet paper bag. he is the worst speaking president this nation has ever had. funny, everything about bush was perfectly clear (to me anyways) when all these dumbasses voted him into office(twice ::))

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 01:28:56 PM »
It's amazing that the President of the US has an opportunity to ask the leader of a dangerous, developing nation, any questions he wishes. He has a chance to debate the points of democracy for the world to see. He has the chance to stand up and face this evil he's been trying to bash for the American people for the last 6 years.

And he's going to just pass on this chance and bomb the hell out of them instead.

Reasonable?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 01:43:55 PM »
Agree totally. Bush is a fool and not once have I heard him speak in a debate in all the years he's been in office. Even Tony Blair faces the music at least once a week when Prime Minister's Questions gets aired every Wednesday. As much as I dislike Ahmadinejad, you can't help but feel he'd destroy Bush in a face to face.