Author Topic: Andre Agassi - bench press claims...  (Read 30115 times)

mayan

• Getbig II
Re: Andre Agassi - bench press claims...
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2013, 07:11:23 AM »
methamphetamine

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2013, 07:15:19 AM »

This guy has 290kg bench press (in shirt) and way over 200kg raw.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2013, 07:16:36 AM »
brutal hairline on the kazakh fella

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2013, 07:18:04 AM »

This guy has 290kg bench press (in shirt) and way over 200kg raw.

He is more built than Agassi though.
O

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2013, 07:18:58 AM »
[img]http://www.adventuresofgreg.com/HPB/photos/10-27-06/DSC07000.JPG/img]
[img]http://www.details.com/images/celebrities-entertainment/cover-stars/200610/CELEBRITIES_lance_armstrongV.jpg/img]

This is what healthy and strong looks like, bb has masked what a true strong build actually looks like.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2013, 07:21:30 AM »
He is more built than Agassi though.

And he is proportionally stronger, you wouldn't believe in his around 220kg bench press if I just showed you this picture either.

Some have genetics to be huge, some don't. Some have genetics to be freaky strong, some don't. It has nothing to do with "big bones" or "strong ligaments", or whatever - if your CNS adapts easily you can be pretty much skinnyfat and outlift everyone in the gym. Some will build muscular physique along the way but not everyone. There are exceptions who no matter how many drugs they took, would still remain skinnyfat but strong as fuark.

I pity especially those who are skinnyfat AND weak.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2013, 07:30:03 AM »
And he is proportionally stronger, you wouldn't believe in his around 220kg bench press if I just showed you this picture either.

Some have genetics to be huge, some don't. Some have genetics to be freaky strong, some don't. It has nothing to do with "big bones" or "strong ligaments", or whatever - if your CNS adapts easily you can be pretty much skinnyfat and outlift everyone in the gym. Some will build muscular physique along the way but not everyone. There are exceptions who no matter how many drugs they took, would still remain skinnyfat but strong as fuark.

I pity especially those who are skinnyfat AND weak.

Hey, I don't disagree with you at all. I think he probably can/could do it. It's not just him claiming it as well.

O

deceiver

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2013, 07:33:47 AM »
Your average gym rat who looks like that would most likely bench press 100-110kg. But you forget that he is not your average gymrat, he is fucking Agassi. He is a legend of a sport where strength and speed is a factor.

He has good pecs and shoulders, if he had better arms he would have a great physique. He doesn't have arms because most likely he does not even train them, he does not give a fuck. When you are a multi millionare and elite athlete having 22inch roid-pumped pythons is not on the top on the list of your priorities.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2013, 07:36:25 AM »
V

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2013, 07:45:12 AM »
I would like to remind everyone that I am the best bodybuilder to ever play pro tennis and the best tennis player to ever body-build.

I managed 405X3 while on roids at 217 lbs so I am sure Agassi can do 3 plates for a couple of reps.

BTW, Agassi is actually not a midget but my height (5'11") and was playing at around 175lbs.

And lol @ Conker's hitting the tennis ball hard analogy  ;D .. based on that I think Rich Piana can hit harder than Overeem if he took kickboxing seriously,

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2013, 07:59:48 AM »
I would like to remind everyone that I am the best bodybuilder to ever play pro tennis and the best tennis player to ever body-build.

I managed 405X3 while on roids at 217 lbs so I am sure Agassi can do 3 plates for a couple of reps.

BTW, Agassi is actually not a midget but my height (5'11") and was playing at around 175lbs.

And lol @ Conker's hitting the tennis ball hard analogy  ;D .. based on that I think Rich Piana can hit harder than Overeem if he took kickboxing seriously,

Yeh and I guess you never bothered with any video footage either right? I guess you probably won't even have any footage of you benching 350lb right?  ::)

I love how people make these claims of feats of strength but never bother recording it. It's like some dude on another forum i read claims he incline presses 180kg for reps but instead of videoing this he sticks up vids of him doing lateral raises or some other BS.

And your comprehension skills are lacking,  i never said someone a lot bigger than Aggasi could hit a tennis ball harder than him, I said it wasn't a given that Aggasi can hit a tennis ball in any fashion harder than someone bigger and stronger but no so good at tennis.

And actually your analogy with Overeem backs my point to some extent, I used to knock about with a guy who was a pretty good amateur boxer, I have never boxed. Yet we used to hit those punchball things they have at fairs and stuff, and I could always hit them harder than him and get a better score, but in a boxing ring i would have no chance.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2013, 08:04:51 AM »
Bullshit.  He would be lucky to roll 300lbs.  No way on earth he did that many reps and sets.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2013, 08:15:24 AM »
Yeh and I guess you never bothered with any video footage either right? I guess you probably won't even have any footage of you benching 350lb right?  ::)

I love how people make these claims of feats of strength but never bother recording it. It's like some dude on another forum i read claims he incline presses 180kg for reps but instead of videoing this he sticks up vids of him doing lateral raises or some other BS.

And your comprehension skills are lacking,  i never said someone a lot bigger than Aggasi could hit a tennis ball harder than him, I said it wasn't a given that Aggasi can hit a tennis ball in any fashion harder than someone bigger and stronger but no so good at tennis.

And actually your analogy with Overeem backs my point to some extent, I used to knock about with a guy who was a pretty good amateur boxer, I have never boxed. Yet we used to hit those punchball things they have at fairs and stuff, and I could always hit them harder than him and get a better score, but in a boxing ring i would have no chance.

have them all on youtube. You realize I was very ironic with that comment right?

No matter how big or strong you are you could not hit a tennis ball even half as hard as I do. Not hitting back and forth . even just standing. It is the same with baseball, you could not throw in the 90's no matter how strong you are.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2013, 08:18:27 AM »
I can believe 1 or 2 reps, but the op states in the book he used that weight for sets. I would assume at least 6 reps for a set.  So I say no way. 

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2013, 08:19:01 AM »
have them all on youtube. You realize I was very ironic with that comment right?

link? 405 x 3 at around 215 is pretty damn strong IMO.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2013, 08:26:50 AM »
I've seen the skinniest guys using the heavier dumbells while the bigger chunkier fellas look on wondering how they are being outlifted

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2013, 08:29:28 AM »
I bet he could knock out 225 x 10, back in the day.

World class conditioning... you get strong from 6 or 8 hours on the tennis court every day.  Tendons are durable and he's just put together to handle 20 years of high end elite tennis play.

I think 300 pounds for 5 "mostly" reps with a spotter doing a nice chunk of the work is a reasonable claim.

Also, if he was using a cycle of orals back then (everyone was, right?), I could see that helping a lot.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2013, 08:29:56 AM »
I've seen the skinniest guys using the heavier dumbells while the bigger chunkier fellas look on wondering how they are being outlifted

I've never seen anybody I would describe as "skinny" using the 100lb db's.  seen plenty of fat guys use them. 

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2013, 08:34:52 AM »

No matter how big or strong you are you could not hit a tennis ball even half as hard as I do. Not hitting back and forth . even just standing. 

Well from what I've seen in tennis the bigger guys tend to hit the ball the hardest.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2013, 08:35:28 AM »
I don't think they were 100's but there were 2 skinny lads who consistently showed the bigger ones up.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2013, 08:37:23 AM »

No, he can smash a tennis ball in a controlled fashion quicker than 99.9%, don't mean he can hit it harder full stop.
As for his claims of 300lb bench press for reps, not a chance , would be surprised if he could get 220 x 1.
nah, not the controled, forget that.
any newcomer will not get nowhere near the same speed as a pro,on no shot, give a tennis racket to big rami and see what happens.

nobody is hitting a 120mph service speed without many years of training.not hitting in the field, i mean getting the speed at all.it will not happen.

the move is way too complex, takes too much coordination.
now,agassis bench claims, hell no sure as hell he didnt any 1 rep with 300lbs in a "legal" fashion, full rom etc.the weight would simply dislocate his shoulders and break the arms,lol.

anyone who played tennis on serious level will know that a serve speed comes from year long learned explosive movement where the whole body work like clockwork.raw strenght means nothing.
its a cordination of many muscle areas playing together.

n

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2013, 08:40:36 AM »
THis is how one of the WORLDS MOST quickest and strongest legs in cyling look like! Gymrats live in a very very smal world.
no its not

n

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2013, 08:42:25 AM »
Your average gym rat who looks like that would most likely bench press 100-110kg. But you forget that he is not your average gymrat, he is fucking Agassi. He is a legend of a sport where strength and speed is a factor.

He has good pecs and shoulders, if he had better arms he would have a great physique. He doesn't have arms because most likely he does not even train them, he does not give a fuck. When you are a multi millionare and elite athlete having 22inch roid-pumped pythons is not on the top on the list of your priorities.
fuck you loser.go on to some lady sports tennis web and lick his ass.you have no buisness posting here.

Trapper_Slapper

• Getbig IV
  • Clean and Jerks pull the bitches!
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2013, 08:42:38 AM »
Cleanest Natural pictured here during his Phil Heath/Kevin Levrone-esq off season. ;D

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2013, 08:42:46 AM »
very good Galeniko .. the speed in serve comes from the legs that explode the body upward while the whole body twists 180 degrees like loading a coil then add the arm that just holds the raquet and when you manage to coordonate all those like the boosters of a rocket that fire in succession then you have those high speeds. Uncontrolled.. to serve big AND be precise is a dif story