Author Topic: Is Hillary Hiding Something  (Read 118587 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Is Hillary Hiding Something
« Reply #225 on: October 08, 2015, 04:59:19 PM »
Yes.
No.

She should can any advisor who even remotely talks like this unknown one.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #226 on: October 08, 2015, 05:02:34 PM »
She should can any advisor who even remotely talks like this unknown one.

Assuming she knows who it is.  It's a dirty business.  She actually fits right in.  Check out her trustworthiness poll numbers.  Atrocious. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #227 on: October 08, 2015, 05:07:09 PM »
Assuming she knows who it is.  It's a dirty business.  She actually fits right in.  Check out her trustworthiness poll numbers.  Atrocious. 

Most people have recognizable speech patterns. It would not be hard for her to figure out who it is, assuming a real person/advisor exists at all.

Davidtheman100

• Getbig IV
  • Kill it
« Reply #228 on: October 08, 2015, 05:12:23 PM »
Yes she's hiding something...And her delusional, slanderous and simply untrue campaign ads have already started...They sure suck

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: October 08, 2015, 05:13:05 PM »
Most people have recognizable speech patterns. It would not be hard for her to figure out who it is, assuming a real person/advisor exists at all.

How do you know there was a recording?  Didn't see that in the story.  I doubt an unnamed source would agree to drop a dime while knowingly being recorded.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: October 08, 2015, 05:20:07 PM »
Yes she's hiding something...And her delusional, slanderous and simply untrue campaign ads have already started...They sure suck

Plenty more where those came from.  She's still our most likely next president IMO.   :-\

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: October 08, 2015, 06:17:29 PM »
How do you know there was a recording?  Didn't see that in the story.  I doubt an unnamed source would agree to drop a dime while knowingly being recorded.  

I was not referencing vocal patterns. People's word choices and how they construct what they are conveying can reveal who they are too. Folks do this all the time on Getbig, especially with Uncle Junior's plethora of gimmicks. The gimmick barely gets one post out and they are recognized. If I had a gimmick (which I don't), I bet it wouldn't be long before someone would know it is Primemuscle.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: October 08, 2015, 07:20:36 PM »
I was not referencing vocal patterns. People's word choices and how they construct what they are conveying can reveal who they are too. Folks do this all the time on Getbig, especially with Uncle Junior's plethora of gimmicks. The gimmick barely gets one post out and they are recognized. If I had a gimmick (which I don't), I bet it wouldn't be long before someone would know it is Primemuscle.

I see.  I agree.  When you mentioned "speech patterns," I thought you were talking about verbal communication.  I agree you can tell by someone's writing who they are in a lot of instances. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: October 13, 2015, 09:54:53 AM »
AP: Hillary Clinton's Private Email Server Had Hacking Risk
By JACK GILLUM AND STEPHEN BRAUNPublished
OCTOBER 13, 2015

WASHINGTON (AP) — The private email server running in Hillary Rodham Clinton's home basement when she was secretary of state was connected to the Internet in ways that made it more vulnerable to hackers, according to data and documents reviewed by The Associated Press.

Clinton's server, which handled her personal and State Department correspondence, appeared to allow users to connect openly over the Internet to control it remotely, according to detailed records compiled in 2012. Experts said the Microsoft remote desktop service wasn't intended for such use without additional protective measures, and was the subject of U.S. government and industry warnings at the time over attacks from even low-skilled intruders.

Records show that Clinton additionally operated two more devices on her home network in Chappaqua, New York, that also were directly accessible from the Internet. One contained similar remote-control software that also has suffered from security vulnerabilities, known as Virtual Network Computing, and the other appeared to be configured to run websites.

The new details provide the first clues about how Clinton's computer, running Microsoft's server software, was set up and protected when she used it exclusively over four years as secretary of state for all work messages. Clinton's privately paid technology adviser, Bryan Pagliano, has declined to answer questions about his work from congressional investigators, citing the U.S. Constitution's Fifth Amendment protection against self-incrimination.

Some emails on Clinton's server were later deemed top secret, and scores of others included confidential or sensitive information. Clinton has said that her server featured "numerous safeguards," but she has yet to explain how well her system was secured and whether, or how frequently, security updates were applied.

Clinton has apologized for running her homebrew server, and President Barack Obama said during a "60 Minutes" interview Sunday it was "a mistake." Obama said national security wasn't endangered, although the FBI still has yet to complete its review of Clinton's server for evidence of hacking.

Clinton spokesman Brian Fallon said late Monday that "this report, like others before it, lacks any evidence of an actual breach, let alone one specifically targeting Hillary Clinton. The Justice Department is conducting a review of the security of the server, and we are cooperating in full."

The AP exclusively reviewed numerous records from an Internet "census" by an anonymous hacker-researcher, who three years ago used unsecured devices to scan hundreds of millions of Internet Protocol addresses for accessible doors, called "ports." Using a computer in Serbia, the hacker scanned Clinton's basement server in Chappaqua at least twice, in August and December 2012. It was unclear whether the hacker was aware the server belonged to Clinton, although it identified itself as providing email services for clintonemail.com. The results are widely available online.

Remote-access software allows users to control another computer from afar. The programs are usually operated through an encrypted connection — called a virtual private network, or VPN. But Clinton's system appeared to accept commands directly from the Internet without such protections.

"That's total amateur hour," said Marc Maiffret, who has founded two cyber security companies. He said permitting remote-access connections directly over the Internet would be the result of someone choosing convenience over security or failing to understand the risks. "Real enterprise-class security, with teams dedicated to these things, would not do this," he said.

The government and security firms have published warnings about allowing this kind of remote access to Clinton's server. The same software was targeted by an infectious Internet worm, known as Morta, which exploited weak passwords to break into servers. The software also was known to be vulnerable to brute-force attacks that tried password combinations until hackers broke in, and in some cases it could be tricked into revealing sensitive details about a server to help hackers formulate attacks.

"An attacker with a low skill level would be able to exploit this vulnerability," said the Homeland Security Department's U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team in 2012, the same year Clinton's server was scanned.

Also in 2012, the State Department had outlawed use of remote-access software for its technology officials to maintain unclassified servers without a waiver. It had banned all instances of remotely connecting to classified servers or servers located overseas.

The findings suggest Clinton's server "violates the most basic network-perimeter security tenets: Don't expose insecure services to the Internet," said Justin Harvey, the chief security officer for Fidelis Cybersecurity.

Clinton's email server at one point also was operating software necessary to publish websites, although it was not believed to have been used for this purpose. Traditional security practices dictate shutting off all a server's unnecessary functions to prevent hackers from exploiting design flaws in them.

In Clinton's case, Internet addresses the AP traced to her home in Chappaqua revealed open ports on three devices, including her email system. Each numbered port is commonly, but not always uniquely, associated with specific features or functions. The AP in March was first to discover Clinton's use of a private email server and trace it to her home.

Mikko Hypponen, the chief research officer at F-Secure, a top global computer security firm, said it was unclear how Clinton's server was configured, but an out-of-the-box installation of remote desktop would have been vulnerable. Those risks — such as giving hackers a chance to run malicious software on her machine — were "clearly serious" and could have allowed snoops to deploy so-called "back doors."

The U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology, the federal government's guiding agency on computer technology, warned in 2008 that exposed server ports were security risks. It said remote-control programs should only be used in conjunction with encryption tunnels, such as secure VPN connections.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/hillary-clinton-email-server-hacking-risk

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #234 on: October 14, 2015, 01:00:33 PM »
White House walks back Obama's Clinton email comments
By Laura Koran, CNN
Tue October 13, 2015 | Video Source: CNN

Washington (CNN)—The White House on Tuesday backtracked on President Barack Obama's blanket assertion earlier this week that Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server as secretary of state didn't pose a national security threat.

Asked outright in an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes," Obama said, "I don't think it posed a national security problem."

But asked how the President was able to make such a definitive statement even as the FBI is looking into the server's security, White House press secretary Josh Earnest clarified that Obama's statement was made "based on what we publicly know now."

"The President was making an observation about what we know so far, which is that Secretary Clinton herself has turned over a bunch of email to the State Department, and the review of that email has garnered some differing assessments about what's included in there," Earnest said.

The President's comment was "certainly was not an attempt, in any way, to undermine the importance or independence of the ongoing FBI investigation," Earnest said, stressing that Obama "has a healthy respect for the kinds of independent investigations that are conducted by inspectors general and, where necessary, by the FBI."

The Justice Department is looking into how the information on Clinton's server was handled, and Clinton's aides have turned the server over to the FBI as part of that probe.

The intelligence community and State Department inspectors general revealed in July that some of Clinton's emails contained classified information that was not identified correctly, but State Department officials maintain the information was not classified at the time it was sent.

In the "60 Minutes" interview, Obama also rejected the notion that Clinton's email practices are comparable to cases where his administration has prosecuted individuals over misuse of classified information.

"We don't get an impression that there was purposely efforts ... to hide something or to squirrel away information," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/13/politics/obama-hillary-clinton-email-server-60-minutes/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: October 14, 2015, 01:06:27 PM »
Well we know the FBI cares. 

Rubio on Sanders: Americans Do Care About Hillary's Emails
By Sandy Fitzgerald   |   
Wednesday, 14 Oct 2015

Democrats may not care about Hillary Clinton's email scandal, but Americans do, GOP presidential candidate Marco Rubio said Wednesday, because the matter goes right to the issue of the former Secretary of State's credibility.

"First of all it's pretty clear what she told us and what happened are two very different things," the Florida senator told Fox News' "Fox and Friends" program. "Second it goes to the issue of confidence. These emails by the Secretary of State were the prime targets before an intelligence agency."

During Tuesday's Democratic primary debate, Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders drew big laughs when he told Clinton that Americans are "sick and tired" of hearing about her use of a private email server.

"As soon as the news came out that she was using a private server, one of the first things I said was those emails were vulnerable to the Chinese, the North Koreans, Iran, you name it," said Rubio. "The Russians, and of course that's now we're seeing reports that that was the case. So it shows that she was both incompetent, but quite frankly was not being truthful with the American people and playing games with words."

Rubio also criticized Clinton for defending the Obama administration and its decision to oust Muammar Qaddafi regime in Libya and the lethal attack on the 2012 consulate that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and other diplomatic personnel in Benghazi.

"Here's the bigger issue with Benghazi, we either should not have been there or we should have had a plan to rescue them, and in fact they got in trouble," said Rubio.

And a "confident" Secretary of State would have assured there were measures in place to safeguard diplomatic personnel, said Rubio, and "she didn't do that."

Meanwhile, Rubio said he believes the biggest threat to Clinton's candidacy is her "outdated ideas."

"If you watched that debate last night, it looked like something from the early '80s," he said. "It was basically a liberal versus liberal debate about who was going to give away the most free stuff. Free college education. Free college education for people illegally in this country. Free healthcare. Free everything."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Marco-Rubio-Bernie-Sanders-Hillary-Clinton-emails/2015/10/14/id/696181/#ixzz3oZgfxaw7

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #236 on: October 14, 2015, 07:34:56 PM »
Dude, end the thread...Hillary's gonna win

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2015, 02:59:32 PM »
Dude, end the thread...Hillary's gonna win

I've said numerous times she is still the most likely next president, even if she gets indicted.  But if I find newsworthy items I will post them, including her running classified intel off her personal computer, the ongoing FBI investigation, her dishonesty about the whole subject, etc.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2015, 03:57:07 PM »
I've said numerous times she is still the most likely next president

I think you're underestimating the mature professionalism and presidential nature of republican frontrunner Donald Trump.

What he lacks in self-control and understanding of actual presidential powers and matters, he more than makes up for with self-esteem!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2015, 05:44:29 PM »
Source: FBI probe of Clinton email focused on ‘gross negligence’ provision
By  Catherine Herridge,  Pamela Browne
Published October 15, 2015
FoxNews.com

Three months after Hillary Clinton’s use of a private email address and server while secretary of state was referred to the FBI, an intelligence source familiar with the investigation tells Fox News that the team is now focused on whether there were violations of an Espionage Act subsection pertaining to "gross negligence" in the safekeeping of national defense information.

Under 18 USC 793 subsection F,the information does not have to be classified to count as a violation. The intelligence source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity citing the sensitivity of the ongoing probe, said the subsection requires the "lawful possession" of national defense information by a security clearance holder who "through gross negligence," such as the use of an unsecure computer network, permits the material to be removed or abstracted from its proper, secure location.

Subsection F also requires the clearance holder "to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer."A failure to do so "shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both."

The source said investigators are also focused on possible obstruction of justice."If someone knows there is an ongoing investigation and takes action to impede an investigation, for example destruction of documents or threatening of witnesses, that could be a separate charge but still remain under a single case," the source said. Currently, the ongoing investigation is led by the Washington Field Office of the FBI.

A former FBI agent, who is not involved in the case, said the inconsistent release of emails, with new documents coming to light from outside accounts, such as that of adviser Sidney Blumenthal, could constitute obstruction. In addition, Clinton’s March statement that there was no classified material on her private server has proven false, after more than 400 emails containing classified information were documented.

Clinton and her team maintain the use of a private account was allowed, and the intelligence was not classified at the time, but later upgraded. One of her primary defenses is that the emails containing classified information, did not carry classification markings, but a leading national security defense attorney says that is no excuse under the law.

“The fact that something's not marked or that the person may not know that it was classified would not be relevant at all in a prosecution under the Espionage Act,” defense attorney Edward MacMahon Jr. recently told Fox.

It is not known what relevant evidence, if any, has been uncovered by the FBI, or whether any charges will ultimately be brought, but Director James Comey told reporters in Washington D.C. on Oct. 1, "If you know my folks... they don't give a rip about politics."

On Thursday, a group of national security whistleblowers held a news conference in Washington at the National Press Club to highlight what they characterized as a double standard in these types of cases.

NSA whistleblower Thomas Drake was indicted in 2010 under the Espionage Act for sharing unclassified material with a Baltimore Sun reporter.Drake, who also went to Congress with his concerns about the NSA, said his goal was to expose government misconduct.

"This is the secretary of state, one of the most targeted individuals by other intelligence entities and agencies in the world using a private server to traffic highly sensitive information and no doubt including classified information and no doubt including info about sources and methods,"Drake said at Thursday’s event.

He added the whistleblowers’ treatment shows there is a law for the average citizen, and apparently a different set of rules for the powerful.

"But hey, I'm secretary of state,” Drake said in a sarcastic tone. ”Even Obama gave her cover."

The charges against Drake were eventually dropped. He pled guilty to a misdemeanor, but in the process lost his ability to work in national security and depleted his life savings to mount a defense.

Former CIA officer Jeffrey Sterling also went to Congress with his complaints, but was sentenced in May to three-and-a-half years in prison for violating the Espionage Act by giving classified information to a New York Times reporter. Sterling, who is appealing the case, was also convicted on obstruction of justice charges because a single email was missing from his account, even though the government could not show he was responsible for that.

Clinton has acknowledged deleting some 30,000 emails she considered personal.

In 2015,former CIA Director General David Petraeus pled guilty to a misdemeanor admitting he mishandled classified materials by sharing notebooks with his former mistress and biographer, Paula Broadwell.

He also was ordered to pay a $100,000 fine.Sterling’s supporters said he shared far less classified information with the New York Times.

“Powerful and politically connected individuals accused of the same and much worse conduct receive, at most, a slap on the wrist. Like General David Petraeus who gave away more secret information, classified at a much higher level, to his mistress and received a sweetheart plea deal for a minor misdemeanor,”Jesselyn Radack, a whistleblower and former ethics adviser to the Department of Justice, said Thursday.

“Or Hillary Clinton - she got a primetime TV apologist political spin interview from President Obama himself,” Radack added.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/10/15/source-fbi-probe-clinton-email-focused-on-gross-negligence-provision/?intcmp=hpbt1

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: October 16, 2015, 09:06:14 AM »
Obama Comments on Clinton E-Mail Said to Anger FBI Agents: NYT

President Barack Obama’s comment that he doesn’t think Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s private e-mail “posed a national security problem” has “angered” FBI agents probing Clinton setup, New York Times reports, citing current and former law enforcement officials.

“Injecting politics into what is supposed to be a fact-finding inquiry leaves a foul taste in the F.B.I.’s mouth and makes them fear that no matter what they find, the Justice Department will take the president’s signal and not bring a case,” Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund President Ron Hosko tells New York Times
White House tells NYT Obama wasn’t commenting on investigation’s merits

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/trackers/2015-10-16/obama-comments-on-clinton-e-mail-said-to-anger-fbi-agents-nyt

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: October 16, 2015, 09:08:30 AM »
Have the Repubs admitted yet (as they did with benghazi) that their investigation of HIlary is more about politics than about actual justice?

Or is that later?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: October 16, 2015, 09:48:28 AM »
I don't have a problem with the investigation per se.....but HOW LONG is it going to take?....is there any computer geniuses on here who can explain just HOW LONG it takes to investigate a server and a hard drive to determine whats on it>????

and lets just face it right now.....does the outcome really mater politcally???...even if the FBI finds Hillary innocent of everything and exonerrates her,the Republicans are STILL going to scream coverup, conspiracy, etc and will even accuse the FBI or White House of covering up or destroying evidence......the Republicans just cannot be appeased in anyway

which is why I understand why Hillary is upset and angry....yes I agree it was definitely a misstep and mistake on her part that she would have her own personal server and I agree that she showed poor judgment in doing so....but she can't win...either she is guilty or if innocnet will be painted as covering up something or conspiring with others...to hide her guilt

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #243 on: October 16, 2015, 10:49:12 AM »
I don't have a problem with the investigation per se.....but HOW LONG is it going to take?....is there any computer geniuses on here who can explain just HOW LONG it takes to investigate a server and a hard drive to determine whats on it>????

and lets just face it right now.....does the outcome really mater politcally???...even if the FBI finds Hillary innocent of everything and exonerrates her,the Republicans are STILL going to scream coverup, conspiracy, etc and will even accuse the FBI or White House of covering up or destroying evidence......the Republicans just cannot be appeased in anyway

which is why I understand why Hillary is upset and angry....yes I agree it was definitely a misstep and mistake on her part that she would have her own personal server and I agree that she showed poor judgment in doing so....but she can't win...either she is guilty or if innocnet will be painted as covering up something or conspiring with others...to hide her guilt

Well, I can tell you that there is no way it took this long to recover data if it was in fact recoverable.

If you do a secure wipe of 7 times on a drive using random encrypted bits, you aren't getting data back. Also, if you do, then it would have been recovered by now.

Don't let anyone fool you. They have all the data they could possibly have already and are sifting through data, but it's much ado about nothing because they keep bringing it up without any actual definitive determination that something wrong was done.

Hillary may suck ass, but she has done nothing wrong.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: October 16, 2015, 01:36:40 PM »
I think you're underestimating the mature professionalism and presidential nature of republican frontrunner Donald Trump.

What he lacks in self-control and understanding of actual presidential powers and matters, he more than makes up for with self-esteem!

:D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: October 16, 2015, 01:38:57 PM »
Well, I can tell you that there is no way it took this long to recover data if it was in fact recoverable.

If you do a secure wipe of 7 times on a drive using random encrypted bits, you aren't getting data back. Also, if you do, then it would have been recovered by now.

Don't let anyone fool you. They have all the data they could possibly have already and are sifting through data, but it's much ado about nothing because they keep bringing it up without any actual definitive determination that something wrong was done.

Hillary may suck ass, but she has done nothing wrong.

I do think her motive in having said personal server was to have control over any damaging emails that may have occurred while she was secretary of state....whether there were any damaging emails to begin with is another story

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: October 16, 2015, 07:15:34 PM »
it's another funny day when democraTrump + the Popeyes Bad Samaratan Carson own more than HALF of republican support for nominee.

HALF.  Yes, HALF of the people who are repubs love of these two idiots.   Trump, lifetime dem.  Carson, started being a republican 50 weeks ago.

Sheesh, it's like they want to lose in the election.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2015, 07:21:19 PM »
I do think her motive in having said personal server was to have control over any damaging emails that may have occurred while she was secretary of state....whether there were any damaging emails to begin with is another story

Very possibly.

Let me also clarify that she may have done these things that were bad or whatever, and certainly she ran that personal email server, that's a fact.

That said, can anyone prove that anything was released to people who shouldn't have it? Did she break any laws?

That's all I want to know.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2015, 08:11:47 PM »
Very possibly.

Let me also clarify that she may have done these things that were bad or whatever, and certainly she ran that personal email server, that's a fact.

That said, can anyone prove that anything was released to people who shouldn't have it? Did she break any laws?

That's all I want to know.

That's what I want to know as well...but everyone seems to be talking in circles

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: October 22, 2015, 06:20:04 PM »
Exactly what the president should have said when he was asked about it on 60 Minutes.

FBI Director Won't Comment On Ongoing Hillary Clinton Investigation
Oct 22, 2015
By DANIEL HALPER

FBI director James Comey refused to comment on the ongoing investigation into the use of Hillary Clinton's private email server. Comey refused to comment at a Capitol Hill hearing:

Watch here:

"Mr. Chairman, I respectfully say that’s one I’m not going to comment on. As you know, the FBI is working on a referral given to us by inspectors general in connection with former Secretary Clinton’s use of her private email server. As you also know about the FBI, we don’t talk about our investigations while we’re doing them. This is one I’m following very closely and get briefed on regularly. I’m confident we have the people and the resources to do it in the way I believe we do all our work, which is promptly, professionally, independently. But I don’t want to do anything that would compromise my ability to do it that way by commenting beyond that," said Comey.

"Thank you Mr. Chairman, I hope you’ll understand why I don’t think it’s appropriate to answer that. I want to preserve my ability to oversee this investigation in a way that is both in reality independent and fair, and is perceived that way. I believe the Bureau is three things: we are competent, we are independent, and we’re honest, and I want to make sure the American people have confidence that that’s the way we are doing our business, and if I start answering questions like yours which is a reasonable question, I worry that I could infringe upon that."

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/fbi-director-wont-comment-ongoing-hillary-clinton-investigation_1051003.html