Author Topic: 3 minute legs  (Read 3156 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
3 minute legs
« on: April 30, 2010, 08:50:57 PM »
Making people lazier day by day......

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: 3 minute legs
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 08:56:38 PM »

oh god these oportunistic assholes really know how to lure the average joe with 0 knowledge and full of complexions into buying useless pieces of plastic.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 09:05:58 PM »
This was my favorite part: "3 minute legs won't cost you $500, nor will it cost you $300, not even $200. You can get 3 minute legs for 4 easy payments of $49.95"

49.95 x 4 = 199.80. Yeah, such a big difference compared to $200  ::) ::) Include tax, shipping and handling, its goes over $200 anyway.
X

James Blunt

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 09:11:10 PM »
I bought one of those 3 weeks ago  >:(

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 10:34:42 PM »
Since it supports you on the way down and assists you on the way up how is it working you legs any better than just doing bodyweight squats?

The Black chick was hot.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 11:41:15 PM »

Nice. And best possibly workout with this kind of equipment you get when you take that silly machine and beat the crap out from the salesman who sell it to you.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 12:02:00 AM »
Lately I've been doing a really quick leg workout,  Compounds sets of overhead BB squats with unilateral leg pressing.   Really fries the quads and the hams. 

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 12:17:28 AM »
Lately I've been doing a really quick leg workout,  Compounds sets of overhead BB squats with unilateral leg pressing.   Really fries the quads and the hams. 

Child's play. Try this: Warm up with any way you choose, then do 2 x 100 reps for leg extensions with very light weight to warm up your knees. After that, load leg press machine with 90% of you ORM, and leg extension machine also with 90% your ORM. Now you start with the leg press, and do as many reps than you possibly can, all the way to the failure. Then, without any rest, you run to the leg extension machine and repeat that doing so many reps you can, all the way to the failure. If you can use some spotters, you can do leg presses as a drop set to get the maximum result. One set should be enough, if it isn't, you haven't give all you got in the first set and should start with even heavier weight or more reps. That really is 3 minute legs  ;D

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 12:44:41 AM »
Child's play. Try this: Warm up with any way you choose, then do 2 x 100 reps for leg extensions with very light weight to warm up your knees. After that, load leg press machine with 90% of you ORM, and leg extension machine also with 90% your ORM. Now you start with the leg press, and do as many reps than you possibly can, all the way to the failure. Then, without any rest, you run to the leg extension machine and repeat that doing so many reps you can, all the way to the failure. If you can use some spotters, you can do leg presses as a drop set to get the maximum result. One set should be enough, if it isn't, you haven't give all you got in the first set and should start with even heavier weight or more reps. That really is 3 minute legs  ;D

I used to train like that years ago,  it seems like you peak really fast training like that and it really taxes my nerves.  If you eat right though you definately make gains though. 

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 01:17:56 AM »

Add squats as the last set and you have Arthur Jones leg routine. It put Sergio Oliva on his back for ten minutes sucking air.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 11:22:52 AM »
Add squats as the last set and you have Arthur Jones leg routine. It put Sergio Oliva on his back for ten minutes sucking air.

I used to start with a light set of front squats,  move to extensions,  back to front squats and than finish with the leg press.  I actually think it was  alot more work than what I needed at the time. 

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 12:13:31 PM »
I'm gonna get a bicycle seat, an ironing board, and a skateboard and make one of these fuckers
U