Author Topic: Obama: The Out of Touch President  (Read 4555 times)

James

Obama: The Out of Touch President
« on: June 06, 2012, 11:57:56 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama: The Out of Touch President
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 09:28:51 AM »
Obama: "The Private Sector Is Doing Fine"
 Real Clear Politics ^ | 6/8/2012

Question: What about the Republicans saying that you're blaming the Europeans for the failures of your own policies?

President Obama: The truth of the matter is that, as I said, we created 4.3 million jobs over the last 27 months, over 800,000 just this year alone.

The private sector is doing fine. Where we're seeing weaknesses in our economy have to do with state and local government. Oftentimes cuts initiated by, you know, Governors or mayors who are not getting the kind of help that they have in the past from the federal government and who don't have the same kind of flexibility as the federal government in dealing with fewer revenues coming in.

And so, you know, if Republicans want to be helpful, if they really want to move forward and put people back to work, what they should be thinking about is how do we help state and local governments and how do we help the construction industry? Because the recipes that they're promoting are basically the kinds of policies that would add weakness to the -- to the economy, would result in further layoffs, would not provide relief in the housing market, and would result, I think most economists estimate, in lower growth and fewer jobs, not more.

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ____

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 09:37:22 AM »
Romney Campaign Jumps On Obama's 'Doing Fine' Remark

The Huffington Post  |  By Jon Ward Posted: 06/08/2012 11:59 am Updated: 06/08/2012 12:30 pm

Mitt Romney's campaign on Friday jumped on a comment by President Obama at a press conference that "the private sector is doing fine."

The Romney campaign sent out a statement from spokesman Ryan Williams:

"Today, President Obama inexplicably claimed that 'the private sector is doing fine.' But the 23 million Americans who are struggling for work are not 'doing fine.' Job creators and small businesses are not 'doing fine.' The middle class is not 'doing fine.' There is no denying that President Obama has been fundamentally hostile to job creators and his policies have prevented our economy from rebounding. America needs a president who understands the economy and knows how to get our country back on track."

In Council Bluffs, Iowa, Romney slammed Obama for the comment, saying it "will go down in history" as an "extraordinary miscalculation," according to the Washington Post's Phil Rucker.

As Rucker reported, Romney said Obama is "definiting what it means to be detached and out of touch."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 11:19:36 AM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 03:21:09 PM »
Obama: "The Private Sector Is Doing Fine"
 Real Clear Politics ^ | 6/8/2012

Question: What about the Republicans saying that you're blaming the Europeans for the failures of your own policies?

President Obama: The truth of the matter is that, as I said, we created 4.3 million jobs over the last 27 months, over 800,000 just this year alone.

The private sector is doing fine. Where we're seeing weaknesses in our economy have to do with state and local government. Oftentimes cuts initiated by, you know, Governors or mayors who are not getting the kind of help that they have in the past from the federal government and who don't have the same kind of flexibility as the federal government in dealing with fewer revenues coming in.

And so, you know, if Republicans want to be helpful, if they really want to move forward and put people back to work, what they should be thinking about is how do we help state and local governments and how do we help the construction industry? Because the recipes that they're promoting are basically the kinds of policies that would add weakness to the -- to the economy, would result in further layoffs, would not provide relief in the housing market, and would result, I think most economists estimate, in lower growth and fewer jobs, not more.

(Excerpt) Read more at realclearpolitics.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ____

Unbelievable. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 03:58:39 PM »
private sector is fine, the answer to a better economy is more govt spending...

goodness gracious how anybody can take this moron seriously is beyond me.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 04:07:40 PM »
private sector is fine, the answer to a better economy is more govt spending...

goodness gracious how anybody can take this moron seriously is beyond me.

Apparently obama does not grasp the fact that the private sector is not fine since it is not producing enough revenue for the states to meet current payrolls and states can't run in deficit. 

Obama has got to be the single dumbest person EVER to hold office as POTUS   

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 10:48:37 PM »
HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!

LIVING LA VIDA LOCA!

RICKY MARTIN APPROVED!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 11:14:26 PM »
That Artie Lange laughing picture is fucking classic.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 11:22:08 PM »
Man he really fucked up on that. Even the most moderate of the conservative radio hosts are going batshit over this.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 01:21:22 AM »
That was just a monumentally dumb thing to say. I understand the political need to say something, but sheesh. He should have spun it differently like "the private sector went through some tough times but there are brighter times ahead" and "the American spirit saw us through tougher times before" or some such typical politician platitude.

I just don't understand what could possess him to say what he said.

It's gonna end up being his "read my lips: no new taxes" moment, I think. Not that I'll she'd a tear ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2012, 04:06:15 AM »
Man he really fucked up on that. Even the most moderate of the conservative radio hosts are going batshit over this.

That is because it shows how insanely stupid he is.   I really could not believe my ears yesterday when he said that.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2012, 09:26:07 AM »
Corporations seem to be doing as good as ever

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/06/01/493870/corporate-profits-skyrocket/?mobile=nc

Corporate Profits Have Skyrocketed Over Last Three Years | After dipping during the Great Recession, corporate profits have now skyrocketed past their pre-recession levels, Business Insider’s Joe Weisenthal notes. After-tax profits and corporate profits as a share of gross domestic product (GDP) are now higher than they were in the middle of the last decade, after a similar vertical spike. Despite massive profit gains, however, corporations are adding more jobs overseas than they are in the United States and paying one of the lowest effective tax rates in the developed world.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2012, 09:28:05 AM »
Corporations seem to be doing as good as ever

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/06/01/493870/corporate-profits-skyrocket/?mobile=nc

LOL 8.2% UE, doubled food stamps, millions out of the labor force, record lows for labor force participation rate, weekly jobs claims still crazy high, wages and hours worked down, etc etc. 

Obama 2008 - Hope and Change
Obama 2012 - Blame and Complain 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2012, 09:28:51 AM »
That Artie Lange laughing picture is fucking classic.

that pic of him grabbing his belly while laughing always reminds me he tried to kill himself by stabbing himself in the stomach

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 09:30:16 AM »
LOL 8.2% UE, doubled food stamps, millions out of the labor force, record lows for labor force participation rate, weekly jobs claims still crazy high, wages and hours worked down, etc etc. 

Obama 2008 - Hope and Change
Obama 2012 - Blame and Complain 

yeah, weird that corporations are more profitable than ever and have clearly recovered from the financial meltdown

maybe they can try making some jobs in the US rather than sending them all to Communist China

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 09:34:06 AM »
yeah, weird that corporations are more profitable than ever and have clearly recovered from the financial meltdown

maybe they can try making some jobs in the US rather than sending them all to Communist China

Some did, the major ones who make money overseas.   and get why they wont spend that money here? 

And the private sector is a lot more than the top 100 corps dofus. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 09:41:13 AM »
Some did, the major ones who make money overseas.   and get why they wont spend that money here? 

And the private sector is a lot more than the top 100 corps dofus. 

I didn't say this was only 100 companies
where did you get that

there is no denying that parts of the economy are still lagging but there is also no denying that many other parts are doing just fine, in fact more than fine.   Better than Ever

Like I've said before.  My personal business is doing MUCH better than was in late 2008 and the econony in the bay area is doing better as well as are many other areas.   

Is everything perfect everywhere....absolutely not and when Obama makes a generalized statement like that it's obviously fodder for political opponents and pundits but it's not a false statement by any means

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 09:43:51 AM »
I didn't say this was only 100 companies
where did you get that

there is no denying that parts of the economy are still lagging but there is also no denying that many other parts are doing just fine, in fact more than fine.   Better than Ever

Like I've said before.  My personal business is doing MUCH better than was in late 2008 and the econony in the bay area is doing better as well as are many other areas.   

Is everything perfect everywhere....absolutely not and when Obama makes a generalized statement like that it's obviously fodder for political opponents and pundits but it's not a false statement by any means

Stay in that bubble along w obama.   Rude awakening coming for you delusional obama drones.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 09:48:15 AM »

Stay in that bubble along w obama.   Rude awakening coming for you delusional obama drones.   

I see

so nothing to say about the obvious fact that many parts of the economy are doing OK and our poor downtrodden corporations are actually more profitable than ever

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 09:49:12 AM »

maybe the US should make it more appealing to manufacture and keep jobs in the US as opposed to outsourcing them?

hmmm, nope instead the liberal line is raise taxes and employee more govt workers.

THAT'LL DO IT ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 09:50:54 AM »
I see

so nothing to say about the obvious fact that many parts of the economy are doing OK and our poor downtrodden corporations are actually more profitable than ever

STRAW - WHY WONT COMPANIES EXPAND IF THEY ARE SITTING ON SO MUCH  $$$$$$

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 09:53:32 AM »

STRAW - WHY WONT COMPANIES EXPAND IF THEY ARE SITTING ON SO MUCH  $$$$$$

as you know there are some businesses that are hiring

but the true answer to your question of why some businesses aren't hiring is always due to lack of demand

of course they will say it's because of "uncertainty" but that is nonsense because "uncertainty" is the very essence of reality

The good news is that if Romney wins then businesses can no longer use that bullshit argument and then what will their excuse be?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 09:55:43 AM »
as you know there are some businesses that are hiring

but the true answer to your question of why some businesses aren't hiring is always due to lack of demand

of course they will say it's because of "uncertainty" but that is nonsense because "uncertainty" is the very essence of reality

The good news is that if Romney wins then businesses can no longer use that bullshit argument and then what will their excuse be?
as a business person you should be ashamed...

to think that there isnt more uncertainty in the markets and business b/c of obamas agenda and legislation is assinine.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 09:59:42 AM »
maybe the US should make it more appealing to manufacture and keep jobs in the US as opposed to outsourcing them?

hmmm, nope instead the liberal line is raise taxes and employee more govt workers.

THAT'LL DO IT ::)

I totally agree

our manufacturing base is decimated and both parties are to blame and both parties could correct the problem if they wanted to do so but then those corporate profit pictures might not look quite so awesome