Author Topic: Ron- are you proud of getbig?  (Read 9711 times)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Re: Ron- are you proud of getbig?
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2011, 06:40:52 AM »
Ah yes, the legendary "BuffGoddess is manlier than..." thread in the V, which had some epic posts like the one below hahahaha

The bolded part still makes me lmao. The thread got nuked by Ron sometime after I stepped down as mod.

Good times :)

LOL......oh shit,,....hahahahahahaha.......priceless...shit, I miss those threads......I truly wished I had printed these pages......you were fucking Brilliant and creative in this thread, kiwi

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2011, 07:28:33 AM »
Creative attacks? Are you serious? It's always the same shit.
Why are you here, "99 Bananas?"
!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2011, 07:32:32 AM »
I was actually a member from the getgo! I had another nickname then though.

Same here.

sux. I tried to get my old password reset.

Oh well, there are worse things in life than an inaccurate post count.  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2011, 07:51:01 AM »
Get rid of the main posters behind the worst gimmicks.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2011, 09:32:21 AM »
Hahha. 05,06,07 were the great years!  You could laugh for hours on this site.  ;D

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »
i have been around for a while and the unwritten rule has always been the same

-you can post racist stuff
-you can post anti-semitic stuff
-you can post personal threats
-you can post personal info
-you can ridicule Ron
-you can post anti-female bber stuff as gross as u want
-you can make fun of pros
-you can make fun of the ifbb/npc in general
basically whatever the fuck you want,

with one exception

-you cannot post anything specifically about the hand that feeds Ron

everything said about this site is secondary.

Fuck the nixxers, fuck the crackers, fuck the jews, fuck the arabs, fuck the fbbers- but dont fuck with Ron's press pass/access to his fantasy world

And this post will stand because it fucks with ron but it doesnt fuck with the hand that feeds him

in anycase since all other sites that matter have more restrictive policies than those affecting Ron' s press pass, this is still the best one. Not because it is good, but because it is less bad

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2011, 05:48:25 PM »
bump for Ronald

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2011, 06:15:03 PM »

Karpaasi

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2011, 01:29:51 AM »
Getbig has always been like a wild west. You can do pretty much anything you want. It's so strange considering Ron is such a diplomatic guy and would never offend anyone.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2011, 02:00:42 PM »
bump for lord avidan

spinnis

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2011, 02:06:25 PM »
Cant believe ive been here for 5 focking years.

Not a single meltdown either  ;D

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 02:08:32 PM »
Cant believe ive been here for 5 focking years.

Not a single meltdown either  ;D
meltdown

spinnis

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2011, 02:12:32 PM »

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 02:29:38 PM »
the traffic in getbig seems to have plummeted, i mean in the past new topics would disappear from the first page in a few hours. Now they stay forever with just a couple of posts a day

maybe it is just my impression but things definitely seem to have slowed down quite a lot

do u guys have the same impression?

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 02:33:48 PM »
i have been around for a while and the unwritten rule has always been the same

-you can post racist stuff
-you can post anti-semitic stuff
-you can post personal threats
-you can post personal info
-you can ridicule Ron
-you can post anti-female bber stuff as gross as u want
-you can make fun of pros
-you can make fun of the ifbb/npc in general
basically whatever the fuck you want,

with one exception

-you cannot post anything specifically about the hand that feeds Ron

everything said about this site is secondary.

Fuck the nixxers, fuck the crackers, fuck the jews, fuck the arabs, fuck the fbbers- but dont fuck with Ron's press pass/access to his fantasy world

And this post will stand because it fucks with ron but it doesnt fuck with the hand that feeds him

in anycase since all other sites that matter have more restrictive policies than those affecting Ron' s press pass, this is still the best one. Not because it is good, but because it is less bad

Boom goes the truth!

Just ask poor Blockhead and Special Ed :'(

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2011, 09:54:52 AM »

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2011, 05:52:09 AM »

Getbig was the first real place where youcan get information, pics, contest results, real opinions and straight out men's locker room trash talk, that has often got me i trouble from various people.  But then again, people still come to lurk, to visit so I cannot complain too much.

The proble is that I do NOT like people being racist, or stalking just for fun, and the fact that some of you like to drive women out of here, or the pros just dismays me.  Too often, i coe to the board and have to clean it up for threads that ave nothing to do with the industry nor bodybuilding, supplements, nutrition or anything do to with anything. So I wound up moving threads around, which take time.

I dont care about outing someone or making someone feel bad like some of you do.  I care about coming to a place where I can enjoy the threads and share something in common with a lot of you.

Hence, why we started Hardbody.com, for the girl or for people who care about competitions catering to the female bikinik, figure and fitness.  There are thousands of you at that site, which is cool.

Hence, why we will start Ripped.com, catering to those in theMen's Physique, which is not as hardcore as comptitive bodybulding, but still requires a great discipline of dieting, working out and sculpting your body.

Yes, i am proud of what getbig is, because no matter what people do and complain about it, they still come to check it out. Yes, I can do a better job at this, ad i wish i can, but different times.

I have two kids, work 50+ hours a week, and maintain a balance between the sites, family, work, and photography. No loner are the days in which I can go shoot whenever I want anything i want.  Even photo shoots are tougher, as I do have to be at work Monday morning at 8:30.   I do need to take my kids to school Monday moring by 8am.

March is going to be a brutal month, as I am going to be working close to every single day. 

BUT, I love taking pictures, enjoy talking and saying hello to peole who enjoy the sites, and just having a good time.

Most people can go to a football game or a hockey game and just sit there and watch it.  I would rather be taking pictures. And it doesnt have to be just about bodybuilding or figure/bikini comptitions.  I enjoy shooting a number of things, music concerts, etc.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2011, 06:01:22 AM »
well said ron, didnt know you where one of the owners to hardbody...what camera and lenses do you usually take with you when you go to bb contests?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 07:24:37 AM »
well said ron, didnt know you where one of the owners to hardbody...what camera and lenses do you usually take with you when you go to bb contests?

He mentioned this the other day.

I use a Canon 40D, and now primarily use a Canon 7D.  I like them both.  Some pictures to turn out overexposed, unfortunately, when you shoot in low light backstage, you hope for the best.  I try to to get too close, that helps.  And I try to take pictures that are good, not take every picture out there and put them up.  Anyone can take a picture of someone, and make them look good, or bad. 

Last time I took a photography class was in high school and one in college.  I am still an amatuer, and got a lot to go.  I am not a 'Photoshop' Expert that makes people like like they are Kens or Barbie. I try to learn from some great photographers out there, aka Alex Ardenti, Isaac Hinds. 

But seriously, the Arnold Classic weekend is one great event and party. One of the premeir events for the supplement and bodybuilding industry. See many of you there. 
:

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 02:36:00 PM »
Of course Mr Avidan must be hugely massively enormously proud, this is a truly wonderful wwwebsite.  But it seems to me that he is not the type to do pride.

Please therefore make some huge dosh from your unselfish loving efforts, Ron, why not sell ads or publish the "Gayer Than" thread ?

Like, I'm proud of Getbig and I'm just a middle-aged daft woman in London who posts here once in a while.  

I feel privileged to contribute and I so very much enjoy reading it - and I haven't even thoroughly explored it all yet.

with mad love
xxxLinda

Please post your pix ?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2011, 05:01:21 AM »
Ron will GB ever close down?