Author Topic: German in Venice out of business  (Read 1050 times)

falco

• Getbig V
German in Venice out of business
« on: May 06, 2024, 06:51:09 AM »

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Re: German in Venice out of business
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2024, 11:52:06 AM »
He trained at Golds Gym Venice all those years I worked there. Good dude. Hard worker.
a

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2024, 03:02:13 PM »
He trained at Golds Gym Venice all those years I worked there. Good dude. Hard worker.
Looks like he never touched a weight but instead pounds junk food.
T

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2024, 03:12:28 PM »
A powerlifter build for sure

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2024, 04:09:35 PM »
Looks like he never touched a weight but instead pounds junk food.

:D

Valid observation. He was in the gym all the time. In the 1990’s he was in OK shape.  Never a competitive bodybuilding but he had some muscle.
a

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2024, 04:19:43 PM »

you're a respected vet with real life experince so maybe you can clear up the confusion

it is possible that Zane only took 100 mgs primo and 15 mgs dbol and that Platz only took 100 mgs deca and 20 winny and that Mentzer only took 200 deca every 10 days and 25 dbol during thier competition days?

that's like 200 mgs total anabolic weekly load for Zane and Platz and 300 mgs for Mentzer

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2024, 05:54:04 PM »
you're a respected vet with real life experince so maybe you can clear up the confusion

it is possible that Zane only took 100 mgs primo and 15 mgs dbol and that Platz only took 100 mgs deca and 20 winny and that Mentzer only took 200 deca every 10 days and 25 dbol during thier competition days?

that's like 200 mgs total anabolic weekly load for Zane and Platz and 300 mgs for Mentzer

Appreciate the nice words my friend.

While I have met all three of those bodybuilders. I knew Mike the best…

I was not in the mix at Golds Venice during the peak of those bodybuilders career. My best guess?

Zane- actually that’s possibly not too far from accurate. Real gear back then was SO GOOD it’s almost as if it’s an entirely different drug. Zane was never huge. He was never that strong. He was never known for eating bodybuilder huge meals.

Platz- he was so extreme with his training and prep I can not imagine he wouldn’t be just as extreme with his gear usage. He was clearly a responder and everything he took came out of a pharmacy… but those low dosages he claims seem highly unlikely.

Mentzer-  he was a phenomenal responder. Had great focus aka that mind/muscle connection. He PED dosages? Brother I’ve heard “almost nothing” and I’ve heard “all the Dianabol he could get his hands on.” What’s the truth? I’m afraid that truth is lost to time. I wish I had the answer for you.
a

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2024, 06:19:10 PM »
german in venice is a schmoe , kiss ass, overall loser
A

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2024, 12:44:57 AM »

I was not in the mix at Golds Venice during the peak of those bodybuilders career. My best guess?

Zane- actually that’s possibly not too far from accurate. Real gear back then was SO GOOD it’s almost as if it’s an entirely different drug. Zane was never huge. He was never that strong. He was never known for eating bodybuilder huge meals.

Platz- he was so extreme with his training and prep I can not imagine he wouldn’t be just as extreme with his gear usage. He was clearly a responder and everything he took came out of a pharmacy… but those low dosages he claims seem highly unlikely.

Mentzer-  he was a phenomenal responder. Had great focus aka that mind/muscle connection. He PED dosages? Brother I’ve heard “almost nothing” and I’ve heard “all the Dianabol he could get his hands on.” What’s the truth? I’m afraid that truth is lost to time. I wish I had the answer for you.
Did Grymko workout there as well? If so, I'm guessing others would follow his lead with drug stacks.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2024, 02:43:57 AM »
They used real pharmaceutical gear. I knew 2 national level guys that were on the opposite end of the spectrum with use. First guy every time he didn't win would up the dose. He was in the 4 gram range, insulin ,,gh and didn't look much better for it. The other used test, masteron,,deca at times. He went up to 1 gram test at times,,,but only dieted on tren. He did 78mg of tren every day for 8 weeks to a show...that was it and he looked great. Neither turned pro but it gave showed me how differently ppl responded. Point is some guys can definitely get by with less
irongearco.com

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2024, 04:02:29 AM »

You said Zane wasn't that strong. Can you give an example of the moderate weights he used?  Wish I could have been in that gym to observe the champs training. I just have to hear it from eye witnesses.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2024, 06:07:24 AM »

thanks for the reply bro, appreciate that

yeah i think Zane always kept his cals round 2-3 grand

and i also think his stack is near right

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2024, 06:14:22 AM »
They used real pharmaceutical gear. I knew 2 national level guys that were on the opposite end of the spectrum with use. First guy every time he didn't win would up the dose. He was in the 4 gram range, insulin ,,gh and didn't look much better for it. The other used test, masteron,,deca at times. He went up to 1 gram test at times,,,but only dieted on tren. He did 78mg of tren every day for 8 weeks to a show...that was it and he looked great. Neither turned pro but it gave showed me how differently ppl responded. Point is some guys can definitely get by with less

yeah i' sure that correct

i'm planning to be the biggest/leanest i've ever been on low dose

i've been 175-180 which is my goal weight but i was 12-14% fat

plan is to be that weight @ 5-6% fat

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2024, 06:15:42 AM »
yeah i' sure that correct

i'm planning to be the biggest/leanest i've ever been on low dose

i've been 175-180 which is my goal weight but i was 12-14% fat

plan is to be that weight @ 5-6% fat

You are going to become HUGE!!

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2024, 06:25:58 AM »

;D ;D ;D

i will look very impressive/aesthetic at that wieght with a legit 28-29 inch wasit 8)

wheeler and dildo heath both claimed 29 inch waists but they are either incredibly delusional or just sociopathic liars as didlo's was 36+ same with flex's

but 93 flex most likely did have a 31-32 incher

King Zane''s was indeed 28-28, paul-jean guillemes as well, nubret's was 29-30 i'd say

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2024, 06:51:12 AM »

One word:

Aesthetics.

Aesthetics is about having “the look”.

Having the look means having the right amount of muscle in the right spots.

Frank Zane created symmetry and balance rather than sheer muscle mass.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2024, 12:58:14 PM »
Did Grymko workout there as well? If so, I'm guessing others would follow his lead with drug stacks.

Pete never trained crazy hard at the 3rd location of Golds Gym. When the gym moved to 360 Hampton in Venice, Pete was one of the owners.  He did workout there but he had stopped competing.

His PED usage is validated by many… he took a shit load of everything!
a

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2024, 01:27:49 PM »
Pete never trained crazy hard at the 3rd location of Golds Gym. When the gym moved to 360 Hampton in Venice, Pete was one of the owners.  He did workout there but he had stopped competing.

No doubt,  can't remember what year the pics were of only at that time he was huge I'd guess in the
245/ 55 lbs range possibly heavier.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2024, 12:34:14 AM »

I know he used a lot. Right before a contest he had an IV of some drug compound going in him at the hotel room. He had the belief that taking time off from the drugs was unhealthy. :-\

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2024, 12:57:50 AM »
You said Zane wasn't that strong. Can you give an example of the moderate weights he used?  Wish I could have been in that gym to observe the champs training. I just have to hear it from eye witnesses.

Frank Powerlifted early on, and I remember his numbers being decent. But he changed early on as well, and didn't train real heavy.
His goals changed and he trained accordingly.
I remember reading his PL numbers in an old Ironman and they were (I believe) 425 SQ, 285 Bench, 425 DL weighing 175.

Of course many of the guys in those days Powerlifted early on (Arnold, Franco, etc)..