Author Topic: 12 year old shot and killed by police in Cleveland  (Read 27466 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: 12 year old shot and killed by police in Cleveland
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2014, 04:20:11 PM »
so you're saying it's not the guns, it's the kind of people who have the guns??!!

I'm saying if you put a bunch of guns in a community which is poor and poverty stricken....then there is going to be more gun violence

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2014, 04:25:58 PM »

I'm saying if you put a bunch of guns in a community which is poor and poverty stricken....then there is going to be more gun violence
Not always true.  Many poor rural white areas with tons of guns and there is no gun violence.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2014, 04:35:14 PM »

That isn't always the case.  Poor rural communities have a high concentration of guns but lower crime rates.   There is a difference thought and its not what you might expect I'd say.

Not always true.  Many poor rural white areas with tons of guns and there is no gun violence.

You beat me to it.
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2014, 05:59:57 PM »

Ah, yes. As opposed to the rich poverty-stricken communities.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2014, 03:34:18 AM »
Video of the killing will be released later today.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #180 on: November 26, 2014, 03:51:46 AM »
Not always true.  Many poor rural white areas with tons of guns and there is no gun violence.
One of the special features on the DVD for The City of God showed rows and rows of confiscated American made guns from the favelas.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #181 on: November 26, 2014, 04:00:24 AM »
One of the special features on the DVD for The City of God showed rows and rows of confiscated American made guns from the favelas.

You ever hear a reggae track by Little Hero "No gun mek dung deh, dung inna di ghetto - Babylon send dem dund deh, and more gunshot a echo!"

About the same thing, American guns ending up in Jamaican ghettos

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #182 on: November 26, 2014, 04:15:32 AM »
You ever hear a reggae track by Little Hero "No gun mek dung deh, dung inna di ghetto - Babylon send dem dund deh, and more gunshot a echo!"

About the same thing, American guns ending up in Jamaican ghettos
yep.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #183 on: November 26, 2014, 04:57:27 AM »
Not America's job to care. At the end of the day, a firearm is still a machine that needs a willing hand to operate it. It's the willing part that some communities need to change :).

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #184 on: November 26, 2014, 07:50:46 AM »
Not true,...you gotta take some responsibility for what you put out into the community...whether it be guns, drugs, etc,,,
Even McDonalds takes responsibility for making people obese for years with their unhealthy food....

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #185 on: November 26, 2014, 07:58:53 AM »
I'm not reading all 8 pages, but wanted to ask:

What color was the cop?

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #186 on: November 26, 2014, 08:02:40 AM »
The absolute dumbest thing a person can do (other than charging a cop with a gun trained on you) is to modify a fake gun to make it look real so you can then wave it at someone who has a real gun trained on you.  It's a virtual guarantee that you will be shot

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2014, 08:12:41 AM »
The absolute dumbest thing a person can do (other than charging a cop with a gun trained on you) is to modify a fake gun to make it look real so you can then wave it at someone who has a real gun trained on you.  It's a virtual guarantee that you will be shot

the kid was twelve years old...adn I would almost guarantee that a 12 year old would not "reach into his waistband" to pull a fake gun on an armed cop...thats a police cover up because they fucked up....

don't be naive

Tennisballz

• Getbig IV
  • You CANNOT be serious!
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2014, 08:23:14 AM »

the kid was twelve years old...adn I would almost guarantee that a 12 year old would not "reach into his waistband" to pull a fake gun on an armed cop...thats a police cover up because they fucked up....

don't be naive
So you're just going to assume its a police cover up without actually seeing any evidence?  ???

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2014, 08:56:59 AM »
So you're just going to assume its a police cover up without actually seeing any evidence?  ???

why not?...you're obviously assuming the opposite....without any evidence

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #190 on: November 26, 2014, 08:58:27 AM »
It does suck the kid died.
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #191 on: November 26, 2014, 09:00:17 AM »
He's not really dead as long as we remember to steal a TV.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: November 26, 2014, 09:02:47 AM »
It does suck the kid died.

yes it sucks....but black kids are always winding up dead in small situations like this....WHY?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: November 26, 2014, 09:05:27 AM »
He's not really dead as long as we remember to steal a TV.

:D

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #194 on: November 26, 2014, 09:13:40 AM »
yes it sucks....but black kids are always winding up dead in small situations like this....WHY?

That's a question only the black community can answer and change.  If you're implying black kids are always being killed by the police regularly I would argue that's not true.  If it were true, it would only be a problem if you assumed the black kids getting killed were disproportionately innocent, had no responsibility in their own death, the cops were racist and the kids were killed for being black.  That can't be proven. Well, it can be proven but you would have to comb through the data to determine the circumstances of the death.

On a side, note, when I was a kid there was a shooting of a white kid who had a realistic toy gun.  At the time I had two toy guns that were replicas of a Baretta. My brother took them from me when he heard about the shooting.  I'm glad my brother was looking out for me.
A

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: November 26, 2014, 09:46:12 AM »
That's a question only the black community can answer and change.  If you're implying black kids are always being killed by the police regularly I would argue that's not true.  If it were true, it would only be a problem if you assumed the black kids getting killed were disproportionately innocent, had no responsibility in their own death, the cops were racist and the kids were killed for being black.  That can't be proven. Well, it can be proven but you would have to comb through the data to determine the circumstances of the death.

On a side, note, when I was a kid there was a shooting of a white kid who had a realistic toy gun.  At the time I had two toy guns that were replicas of a Baretta. My brother took them from me when he heard about the shooting.  I'm glad my brother was looking out for me.

To say that only black people can stop whats going on is noty accurate...I think you were well-intentioned in saying tyhat but whites basically control all institutions of govermment and can't shirk responsibility....but the problem is that whites won't own up to the problem....remember there used to be to NO SUCH thing as police brutality until the Rodney King Video...before it was just something that blacks were making up to get back at police officers.....since then we have seen numerous videos which prove that police brutality is more rampant than we thought...befoire it was "just the believe the policeman's word...he can't possibly be lying"......

by the way...I agree..your brother was brilliant..good job by him

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #196 on: November 26, 2014, 09:48:23 AM »
I'm not reading all 8 pages, but wanted to ask:

What color was the cop?

The lack of mentioning the cops race tells you his race.
$

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #197 on: November 26, 2014, 09:49:39 AM »

don't be naive

We will find out when we see the video later today.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: November 26, 2014, 09:54:08 AM »
We will find out when we see the video later today.

okay..they are releasing it>?

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #199 on: November 26, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »
To say that only black people can stop whats going on is noty accurate...I think you were well-intentioned in saying tyhat but whites basically control all institutions of govermment and can't shirk responsibility....but the problem is that whites won't own up to the problem....remember there used to be to NO SUCH thing as police brutality until the Rodney King Video...before it was just something that blacks were making up to get back at police officers.....since then we have seen numerous videos which prove that police brutality is more rampant than we thought...befoire it was "just the believe the policeman's word...he can't possibly be lying"......

by the way...I agree..your brother was brilliant..good job by him

What problem?  You have to prove there is a problem. You have to prove it's a white problem.  You're argument is based entirely on the assumption that black men are being killed by racist white cops in large numbers.  You have to prove black men are being killed in large numbers.  You have to prove the motivation is racial and the cops were even white.  You have to prove the men killed were innocent and the actions of the deceased had no part in their own demise.

Now take a moment to look at crime rates, particularly crimes committed by blacks against whites.  The discrepancy between white on black and black on white is overwhelming. The numbers clearly show that blacks commit crimes against whites by a much wider margin than whites against blacks.   Do you feel that you have a personal responsibility to own up to the problem? Do you even think there is a problem.  Are you shirking your responsibility?  Or do you feel like you shouldn't be required to answer for the crimes committed by others.

A