Author Topic: 12 year old shot and killed by police in Cleveland  (Read 27463 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: 12 year old shot and killed by police in Cleveland
« Reply #225 on: November 27, 2014, 08:06:32 AM »
well according to Vince these can be converted into real guns so the cops where totally justified in shooting this criminal, right vince?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: November 27, 2014, 08:07:55 AM »
well first of all to the McDonalds point..I agree that Mcdonalds should not be responsible for people being fat...however after a lot of criticism Mcdonalds started to make attempts to have healthier fare like salads, apples, etc....Society and the media were criticizing McDonalds for its high fat content and being a contributor to obesity......

As for the smoking thing, your argument is weak on that....the tobacco companies knew for 50 years that cigarette smoking was addictive and caused cancer......they covered it up.....uncovered memos and the testimony of retired tobacco execs proved that already therefore the cig companies did have some culpability in cancer-related deaths

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to andre and all my getbig buddies.

Now, McDonald's will offer healthier items if the consumer demands them. If Big Macs outsell salads, then that is because the customer wants more Big Macs.

As for smoking, my argument is strong...again, personal responsibility. How could anyone think that inhaling smoke into their lungs several times a day for years on end would not adversely affect their health?

If you were correct then all the tobacco companies would have gone out of business. It is widely known that cigarettes can be addictive, and it is widely known that smoking can lead to many health problems Yet even knowing that, people still start smoking. Why? Do the evil tobacco companies force someone that never smoked before to start using their dangerous product? Of course not.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #227 on: November 27, 2014, 08:12:13 AM »

Now, McDonald's will offer healthier items if the consumer demands them. If Big Macs outsell salads, then that is because the customer wants more Big Macs.

As for smoking, my argument is strong...again, personal responsibility. How could anyone think that inhaling smoke into their lungs several times a day for years on end would not adversely affect their health?

If you were correct then all the tobacco companies would have gone out of business. It is widely known that cigarettes can be addictive, and it is widely known that smoking can lead to many health problems Yet even knowing that, people still start smoking. Why? Do the evil tobacco companies force someone that never smoked before to start using their dangerous product? Of course not.

X2 happy thanksgiving  to you schnauzer, andre and all my getbig homeys.
A

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: November 27, 2014, 08:20:27 AM »

Happy Thanksgiving as well.....I hope all you guys destroy a lot turkey today.....

your argument about knowing about the effects of smoking is correct for this day and age...we are much more enlightened about these things....but 30-40-50-60 years ago no one understood the connection.......and thats because THERE WERE NO WARNING LABELS ON CIGARETTE PACKAGES FOR MANY YEARS WARNING OF THE EFECTS OF CIGARETTE SMOKE...

The tobacco companies are in business because
1. the government protects them to a certain extent because smoking generates massive revunue and
2. the tobacco companies admited liability many years ago and created a multi-billion dollar fund to take care of lawsuits

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: November 27, 2014, 08:22:25 AM »
Someone who hardly drinks water, instead drinking coffee all day or diet soda is shortening their lifespan and risking serious disease later on. I wonder how many times a dehydrated do-gooder has lectured on the effects of smoking/alcohol/eating fast food etc?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: November 27, 2014, 08:24:15 AM »
well according to Vince these can be converted into real guns so the cops where totally justified in shooting this criminal, right vince?

ANY shooting of a black person is justified in your mind...I wish you'd stop denying this fact

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: November 27, 2014, 09:19:49 AM »
ANY shooting of a black person is justified in your mind...I wish you'd stop denying this fact
I was using a fellow blacks logic there, why attack me?

juicemachine

« Reply #232 on: November 27, 2014, 09:21:38 AM »
What does this have to do with bodybuilding anyway?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #233 on: November 27, 2014, 09:23:02 AM »

True. 

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #234 on: November 27, 2014, 09:47:53 AM »
yes it sucks....but black kids are always winding up dead in small situations like this....WHY?
Because their parent is raising them to be disrespectful,  smart mouth, wanna be gangsta, tough guys that feel like they can get away with whatever they want and anybody that speaks out against it is a racist ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #235 on: November 27, 2014, 10:00:00 AM »
stupid fucking kid

nothing more to say about it   

True

• Getbig IV
  • Zero Tolerance
« Reply #236 on: November 27, 2014, 10:02:18 AM »

We can only hope you get shot one day as well... :-*

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #237 on: November 27, 2014, 10:02:54 AM »
stupid fucking kid

nothing more to say about it   

He was 12... I blame his parents

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #238 on: November 27, 2014, 10:04:15 AM »

He was 12... I blame his parents
Fixed for accuracy.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #239 on: November 27, 2014, 10:19:36 AM »
We can only hope you get shot one day as well... :-*

HA!

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #240 on: November 27, 2014, 10:55:04 AM »
So video shows exactly what cop said.. And since cop is black (knew that since it was never mentioned) what do all wanna be rioters say now? Does the truth matter in this case? Cause the truth clearly didn't matter in the Brown case. Is the difference a white cop? You racist lefty pieces of crap?
$

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #241 on: November 27, 2014, 10:56:28 AM »
What does this have to do with bodybuilding anyway?

Fuck off juicebox.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #242 on: November 27, 2014, 10:57:19 AM »

He was 12... I blame his grandmama

Fixed for further accuracy

Fixed for accuracy.
A

mr.turbo

• Getbig V
  • Team Freedom
« Reply #243 on: November 27, 2014, 11:11:19 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving as well.....I hope all you guys destroy a lot turkey today.....

your argument about knowing about the effects of smoking is correct for this day and age...we are much more enlightened about these things....but 30-40-50-60 years ago no one understood the connection.......and thats because THERE WERE NO WARNING LABELS ON CIGARETTE PACKAGES FOR MANY YEARS WARNING OF THE EFECTS OF CIGARETTE SMOKE...

The tobacco companies are in business because
1. the government protects them to a certain extent because smoking generates massive revunue and
2. the tobacco companies admited liability many years ago and created a multi-billion dollar fund to take care of lawsuits

additionally that industry is known to have been pioneers in marketing.  A fellow named edward bernays who was a respected liberal intellectual developed the techniques that allowed them to sell tobacco to educated women and so on. You have to accept that a lot of effort goes into undermining rational decision making amongst consumers.

"

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: November 27, 2014, 08:08:35 PM »
additionally that industry is known to have been pioneers in marketing.  A fellow named edward bernays who was a respected liberal intellectual developed the techniques that allowed them to sell tobacco to educated women and so on. You have to accept that a lot of effort goes into undermining rational decision making amongst consumers.

good point

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #245 on: November 29, 2014, 03:18:28 AM »

Yet the choice is still with the consumers. So long as products are not literatelly stuffed down people's throats and other substitutions are readily available, you can't say people are being forced into anything. Yes, a lot of research has gone and is still ongoing into marketing, to the point where they figured out the ideal bpm music should have in supermarkets so that people walk slower yet not too slow to keep browsing. But the point remains, people are free to choose what they consume.

If people decide to ignore or research the negative effects of their diet/lifestyle that is their liability.
That being said, every parent who has a fat child should be killed via lethal injection.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: November 29, 2014, 06:27:15 AM »
True. 

It would be hilarious if one of your young family members end up dead.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #247 on: November 29, 2014, 07:35:29 AM »
It would be hilarious if one of your young family members end up dead.

Statistically - the far higher likelihood is that you will rob a store, do crack, kill or be killed by one of Obama's sons, end up on welfare, etc.