Author Topic: Bodybuilding.com forums close  (Read 5765 times)

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Bodybuilding.com forums close
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2024, 08:34:05 AM »
That forum had a great run until the mods started getting jealous of viral miscers like Zyzz and Genova. They banned anyone who mentioned them.

Forums tend to go to shit when the mods start going on power trips.
I got banned from UK Muscle for trolling James Llewelyn when he started a prep thread
I only asked why he got up at 2am to eat a yoghurt.

Must have been 8 years ago
The admin bans me instantly now if I start an account and they know its me

Talk about a vendetta.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2024, 08:47:57 AM »
I used it many moons ago to recruit a troll army. Not the sharpest tacks but they did my bidding. Good night, fair minions.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2024, 09:17:10 AM »
There were signs it was going years ago. Little wars between mods, "Can't talk about" lists pertaining to steroids, certain people, etc.... Then the spambots came, and there'd be 5-6 pages of spam posts before you'd see a real thread. And the mods were powerless to stop those threads because they weren't at a certain privilege level. 

We've got it good here fellas.                     

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2024, 09:27:57 AM »
I got banned too for most likely posting truth.
[/quote

I enjoyed the site. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2024, 09:57:28 AM »
How many boards did you guys post on?  This is the one and only board I have an account on.  I visit ProM at times just to read and keep up with the latest busts and crap.

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2024, 10:02:01 AM »
maybe they pissed off hankins

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2024, 10:31:29 AM »
How many boards did you guys post on?  This is the one and only board I have an account on.  I visit ProM at times just to read and keep up with the latest busts and crap.

Had accounts on? 7 - Here, Misc.fitness.weights, Ironage, PowerandBulk, GoHeavy.com, LyleMcDonald(Monkey Island), WLForums, but I read maybe 3x that a week sometimes in my 20s, early 30s. But, to be fair, many were powerlifting, etc.... forums that you could read a week's worth of posts in 10-15 minutes.

I never stayed around heavily moderated forums. The minute a mod started screeching about staying on topic, etc.... I usually left. I like an easy going, meandering style to conversation.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2024, 10:48:51 AM »
It's funny seeing how uptight everyone is on other forums and social media. Most people on Earth wouldn't last 1 day on here without completely melting down.

they are very easily triggered brosef

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2024, 10:51:47 AM »
15's forum was good

pity it's out

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2024, 11:12:23 AM »

I am a getbig pureblood.

There was never a good reason to go anywhere else.
Y

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2024, 11:16:52 AM »
Hanky's lawyers have been fighting a two-front battle.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2024, 11:19:17 AM »
I'm probably alone here but Shawn Perrine's Iron Age site was the best. It stayed on topic about bodybuilding and the hostile lunatics weren't tolerated. Sometimes the moderation was too severe.  Steroid talk whether for or against wasn't tolerated. Plenty of seriously knowledgeable lifters were on the site. I really miss it. I think the site was hacked and all the history of posts are gone. Then again Shawn might have nuked it when he got his job with Weider being the top dog there. Imagine running a little forum and being offered a top paying job to be the boss of a bunch of magazines? Saw Shawn on tv a bunch of times being interviewed about exercise.  He became a friend of Arnold and many pros. By all accounts he was a great guy but he had no love for me I believe or perceive.  He weighed about 165 if that and made outrageous claims in the gym like 400lbs benches and other claims. The 400lbs would be tie the raw world record around 1976 for his weight. I called him on it like saying please put up a video of you benching 315lbs raw. I know it was a scum bag thing for me to say. The reply was something like well now I train for endurance and the pump. He wouldn't engage with me ever after I doubted his lifting feats. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut. He claimed to be a natural and he had a ripped athletic physique.  Then again many claim natural. If he was that was a fantastic physique.  I shouldn't say anything negative of the dead, I know. Heard when he was dying in the hospital he always told every visitor that he loved them. He had no wife or kids. Sad ending and the amount of people that came out of the woodwork including Arnold and a who's who of the industry praised him after his death. Made me feel  guilty about challenging his lifts. Who cares. Know what? Maybe he did do them.  On that site too were bodybuilding stars and they weren't chased away.  I talked to Viator there who was now very fat and I asked him about his health. He said he just had blood tests and everything came back perfect. He was dead of a heart attack a short time later.

On the other hand this board has a ton of laughs because of the knuckle heads here.  I find it bizarre that no women are on this site but then again they might perceive it as  a homosexual site. When this site stops being fun for me I will be gone and I won't look back. So far it still cracks me up.
NICE RICH,,,,sad he passed young and very healthy looking until later of course..

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2024, 11:24:17 AM »
NICE RICH,,,,sad he passed young and very healthy looking until later of course..

he was a pretty cool eye-talin american just like yourself brosef ;)

ima starting to blow da fuck up on this drol

can i send ya some pics by mail to get some feedback?

not sure if i should increase the cals yet still pretty dry and hard so maybe i should stay at 2500

i send update pics to my bud in cbus but he never makes a peep bout them :D :D :D

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2024, 11:39:04 AM »
I think this is the only place I havent havent been banned from.
Twitter, FB, Forums, heck, even Youtube banned me for comments.. LOL...  ::)

Ha ha ha - Yes I seem to have the exact same problem
seems those places don't like Facts & Truths  ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2024, 11:45:56 AM »
Had accounts on? 7 - Here, Misc.fitness.weights, Ironage, PowerandBulk, GoHeavy.com, LyleMcDonald(Monkey Island), WLForums, but I read maybe 3x that a week sometimes in my 20s, early 30s. But, to be fair, many were powerlifting, etc.... forums that you could read a week's worth of posts in 10-15 minutes.

I never stayed around heavily moderated forums. The minute a mod started screeching about staying on topic, etc.... I usually left. I like an easy going, meandering style to conversation.

Damn, I have never even heard of those before.  I am here and used to read the old EF board because they had crazy ass people on it.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2024, 11:57:42 AM »
BB.com ::)
T

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2024, 12:04:22 PM »
15's forum was good

pity it's out

i agree,... it was good when it started over there at least...  solid sources like strango, golden.. lots of legit members too.

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2024, 12:06:40 PM »
I remember back around the early 2010s or so there was a little redhead guy - John Browne or something like that - that used to rile the whole place up with his training advices and attitude, that was mildly amusing for a little while.

Can't recall the last time I visited that site

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2024, 12:07:35 PM »
i agree,... it was good when it started over there at least...  solid sources like strango, golden.. lots of legit members too.

there was one guy on there who was running a ton of gear and he didn't make any progress at all on it, it was brutal

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2024, 12:08:59 PM »
I got banned from UK Muscle for trolling James Llewelyn when he started a prep thread
I only asked why he got up at 2am to eat a yoghurt.

Must have been 8 years ago
The admin bans me instantly now if I start an account and they know its me

Talk about a vendetta.

Did you really meet up with that stupid fat cunt “natty Stevo” and tell him he looked great like he claimed ?
It was the “he looked great” but that made me doubt his story as thought Jeffley would never say thst haha

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2024, 12:25:08 PM »
there was one guy on there who was running a ton of gear and he didn't make any progress at all on it, it was brutal

Y

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2024, 12:32:02 PM »
Damn, I have never even heard of those before.  I am here and used to read the old EF board because they had crazy ass people on it.

Most are long gone - WLForums was only busy around the Olympics or big contests. GoHeavy was good, but it was an ugly gray board that got passed by when forums like Getbig got popular. Ironage died a slow death of constantly being down, PowerandBulk died that way too.  Lyle's board was great because it was semi-secret, so gossip would wind up there, but he stopped wanting to mod it.

------------------

Misc.fitness.weights was the closest to this board. It was an old interface, so things would go to your email or newsreader, so it was a pain in the ass. But that also meant that there was little to no moderation. If people didn't like your post, you'd just wind up with 90 posts telling you to fuck your mother or similar usually.

It was great though because the internet was new to most people, so lots didn't care about image. Mentzer, Titus, Sepe, Pat Arnold, Dan Duchaine, Nicole Bass, Andrulla Blanchette, etc... all showed up there at points and melted down, dropped gossip, etc....

Also you had the ability to cross post to other groups. So a schmoe poster from alt.amazon.women-admirers, a gay poster from soc.motss, a fat poster from Alt.fat.acceptance, and then some oddball group like misc.survivalism could all wind up there. It lead to some wild fights.

Alas it died in the early 2000s more or less when modern forums came into being.                       

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2024, 12:34:39 PM »

hahaha

less than a gram is not a ton brosef

i'll definatly add 20 pounds of dry lean muscle this year ;)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2024, 12:38:14 PM »

Yeah I remember the guy:

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2024, 01:15:39 PM »

intensemuscle (aka perma bulker central), pro-m, MD, getbig, bodybuilding.com.

I only login to getbig now. The other places treat lifting too seriously, and I wasted too much time in my life reading word salads about something which is as simple as lift consistently + eat high protein and sensibly x genetics + the dose of peds your comfortable with.