Author Topic: IPhone 5 - Good or just another simple upgrade  (Read 31270 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Iphone 5 Geekbench score 1601. sorry droid bitches.
« Reply #150 on: September 17, 2012, 12:16:28 PM »
To add to that, it is also a very chic and sexy looking phone that just blends well with good looking clothing.  I appreciate things like that. 

Aside from the basic appeal of the phone, I will concede that the Samsung Galaxy SIII does LOOK BETTER on paper than the Iphone 5, but I have yet to try it out in order to completely agree with that verdict.

For what I need it for, my Iphone 4 has worked very well over the last 2 years or so.  I am due for a free upgrade now, so I will visit my local AT&T store and try out both phones before I make a final decision.

"1"

It murders the IP4, I had one for a month then sold it, I simply couldnt justify the price to the pleasure of use I got from it, bought the S3 full price PAYG and you couldnt pry it from my hands 3 months later.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #151 on: September 17, 2012, 12:25:35 PM »
It murders the IP4, I had one for a month then sold it, I simply couldnt justify the price to the pleasure of use I got from it, bought the S3 full price PAYG and you couldnt pry it from my hands 3 months later.
Question is: Will you get the S4 in feb.?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #152 on: September 17, 2012, 12:49:02 PM »
Both phones are great.

It's just boils down to whether you prefer the overall smoothness, but accept the limitations, that iOS has, or whether you prefer the total customization of android, and accept the bugginess that goes with an open sourced platform.

I switched to the 4S and prefer the smaller size and the incredible camera the phone provides.  Doesn't mean I'm stuck on the 5 though, as I haven't had enough time to play with ICS and the improved processing ability of a phone like the S3.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #153 on: September 17, 2012, 12:52:52 PM »
Both phones are great.

It's just boils down to whether you prefer the overall smoothness, but accept the limitations, that iOS has, or whether you prefer the total customization of android, and accept the bugginess that goes with an open sourced platform.

I switched to the 4S and prefer the smaller size and the incredible camera the phone provides.  Doesn't mean I'm stuck on the 5 though, as I haven't had enough time to play with ICS and the improved processing ability of a phone like the S3.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

agree.  Dialing a number and playing angry birds is probably the same on both  ::)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #154 on: September 17, 2012, 12:56:16 PM »
Whats it like playing Skyrim on a 4 inch screen?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #155 on: September 17, 2012, 01:07:39 PM »
Whats it like playing Skyrim on a 4 inch screen?

You just need to squint real hard.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: September 17, 2012, 01:28:09 PM »
Did Samsung even have a galaxy 1 and 2?

Yes, the Samsung galaxy S

And the Samsung galaxy sII

Rumor has it the S4 will be announced next February at the Mobile World Congress

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #157 on: September 17, 2012, 01:42:32 PM »
Yes, the Samsung galaxy S

And the Samsung galaxy sII

Rumor has it the S4 will be announced next February at the Mobile World Congress

Those look like iphones, oh wait .......

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #158 on: September 17, 2012, 02:40:45 PM »
A

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #159 on: September 17, 2012, 02:58:45 PM »
Seeing as though you practically mention my name in every single one of your posts, it would seem as if my dick has been in your mouth for months now, yet I'm the gay one?

Keep joyriding on my dick, amigo...
"1"

you haven't figured out shit, fag.  here's the deal:  am i willing to build an espaņol version of seCrawler to prove you incorrect?  that's like saying i give a fuck, if your husband gives you rectal prolapse, you nasty SOB.  now, for the gimmick to work, shockwave would have to take spanish lessons, since he was the one, who picked up on the cues, when i was using seCrawler for 3 or 4 months.  yeah, but you knew seCrawler was me too.   

you play the game, the way i create at it, woman, because you damn sure aren't a man, running behind me on this board, bitching and crying about my family's origin.

you're worst than bay, who retains all his PMs and fucking holds on to comments in threads for years at a time.

thank god my trannies are gimmicks, because i couldn't live with myself, if i was a flaming homo like you.

:o

ops, i wanted to put espaņola, so you could jump on the gender.  you're so predictable sometimes.

oh, i know parker wouldn't respond to the brasil thread, since he responded to one a week ago.  ::)  that post was for k-ass and you. 

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: September 17, 2012, 03:02:37 PM »
you haven't figured out shit, fag.  here's the deal:  am i willing to build an espaņol version of seCrawler to prove you incorrect?  that's like saying i give a fuck, if your husband gives you rectal prolapse, you nasty SOB.  now, for the gimmick to work, shockwave would have to take spanish lessons, since he was the one, who picked up on the cues, when i was using seCrawler for 3 or 4 months.  yeah, but you knew seCrawler was me too.   

you play the game, the way i create at it, woman, because you damn sure aren't a man, running behind me on this board, bitching and crying about my family's origin.

you're worst than bay, who retains all his PMs and fucking holds on to comments in threads for years at a time.

thank god my trannies are gimmicks, because i couldn't live with myself, if i was a flaming homo like you.

:o

ops, i wanted to put espaņola, so you could jump on the gender.  you're so predictable sometimes.

oh, i know parker wouldn't respond to the brasil thread, since he responded to one a week ago.  ::)  that post was for k-ass and you. 

Sorry, ain't reading that...

Blah, blah, blah...... you fake, tranny fucking, wanna-be hispanic, non-Spanish speaking scumbag.

Ma man Parker, why not get a leash on your bitch?

"1"

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: September 17, 2012, 03:10:21 PM »
or whether you prefer the total customization of android, and accept the bugginess that goes with an open sourced platform.

Do people read at all or just blindly spout what others (uninformed) say? its been proven for a while now ios apps crash more than android, from personal experience my ipad apps crash far more than my s3, learn to find information for yourself rather than listening to Chinese whispers.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/02/06/ios_apps_crash_more/

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #162 on: September 17, 2012, 04:28:51 PM »
Do people read at all or just blindly spout what others (uninformed) say? its been proven for a while now ios apps crash more than android, from personal experience my ipad apps crash far more than my s3, learn to find information for yourself rather than listening to Chinese whispers.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/02/06/ios_apps_crash_more/

I didn't read anything.  I've used Android for years, so fuck off with your assumption. 

I've endured the missed photos, videos, crashed apps etc.  Went through Froyo, Gingerbread, etc.   I like the OS and may return to it, but it still doesn't have the "feel" of iOS.
Y

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: September 17, 2012, 06:33:10 PM »
I didn't read anything.  I've used Android for years, so fuck off with your assumption. 

I've endured the missed photos, videos, crashed apps etc.  Went through Froyo, Gingerbread, etc.   I like the OS and may return to it, but it still doesn't have the "feel" of iOS.

This is the only thing I could probably say that iOS has Android beat on.  Android is still not as smooth as iOS, Jelly Bean is a step in the right direction with that situation but its not quite there yet..

But other than that - Android shits on iOS and fucks its mother!   ;D

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #164 on: September 17, 2012, 06:59:50 PM »

Let's take the time to watch a video showing tilt to zoom and some of the other useless features listed.

Why on earth would you ever use tilt to zoom. The only reason they even have features like that is an attempt to quit getting sued.

It just boggles my mind. With all specs aside. Just hold the two phones. One feels like a solid 6-800 phone. The other feels like a kids toy.

At the end of the day. Even if an IPhone could some how be flashed to droid, I still wouldn't want it. It's great that the android market is open source and rooted apps are in the same store as stock but no one in their right mind can ever compare or compete with the "jailbreak" and "Cydia".

One of the  biggest problems with android was its inability to have simple tweaks that made my phone how I want. Cydia on the other hand has very thing. If I wanna hide statusbar elements I simply type in statusbar into Cydia, and a million other examples.

And themes alone make the iPhone a million times better. ROMS are cool. But a total pain in the ***. Winterboard is simple and easy to use.

I think  "fanboys" could go on forever. But it's literally worse than politics talking about this.

Samsung people hate apple. Apple people support their products and dislike Samsung.

I think droid would do a lot better if they didn't come out with a new one every month. We get an iPhone once a year, for good reason. They make a solid great product with all the features they want to incorporate. Android releases a new phone with every new feature. It's sad.

Here's the main difference, imo, and why I'm choosing iOS for the moment.Android might be great if you want to work real hard to make it great.

Vanilla Android, like what comes stock on a nexus device is nice and custom ROM's are great too. The problem with all of them,  is that just when you think you've got the perfect set up, you download an app and realize it's not compatible.

Or, an app that was working fine a minute ago suddenly forces closes. Its REALLY frustrating. So, you read up on forums, ask questions, find a fix and apply it, but alas--the "fix" breaks something else.

And you have to start all over again. What I love about iOS is that you don't need a custom ROM. Everything works perfectly. Plus when switching devices, you don't have to worry about compatibility.

Aside from this, you cannot compare build quality. iPhone wins every time. It feels so damn good in your hands. Not sure what manufacturers using Android's OS don't get about this.

Plastic sucks. Period. Finally, if you like gaming (like me), Android is really gonna piss you off. Games don't work accross all devices. The best games only work on Tegra-chip devices.

On iOS they pretty much all work (except for iPad only games, which, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't many). Just to top it off, if you enjoy using a lot of custom ROMs be careful about your games saves.

I don't know how many I've lost when jumping from one rom to another. I know there are apps that save them but they're not perfect.

Samsung is such a genius for coming up with the ad, it doesn't take a genius to know that Samsung does know what stand by time is.

SG3 still lags on speed , even with all that horsepower... because all that crap they got running in the background, no wonder they have a Sasquatch screen on there, to hide the car battery it takes to run the thing! ha!

STAND BY TIME
The maximum length of time a wireless phone or communicator is fully charged, turned on and ready to send and receive calls or data transmissions.

790 hours that's over a month, that's asinine! Their getting desperate it seems, losing a lawsuit and over a billion dollars will do that.

Apple announced pre-orders of its iPhone 5 topped two million in just 24 hours, more than double the previous record of one million held by iPhone 4S. Demand for iPhone 5 exceeds the initial supply and while the majority of pre-orders will be delivered to customers on September 21, many are scheduled to be delivered in October.
Gracie Rules

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »
This is the only thing I could probably say that iOS has Android beat on.  Android is still not as smooth as iOS, Jelly Bean is a step in the right direction with that situation but its not quite there yet..

But other than that - Android shits on iOS and fucks its mother!   ;D

Thanks for the update.  I was generally curious, and admittedly never got any real time with JB and a better processor.   And, I didn't recommend one over the other, just pointed it out that it boils down to what the end user will tolerate.
Y

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2012, 08:34:39 PM »
Let's take the time to watch a video showing tilt to zoom and some of the other useless features listed.

Why on earth would you ever use tilt to zoom. The only reason they even have features like that is an attempt to quit getting sued.

It just boggles my mind. With all specs aside. Just hold the two phones. One feels like a solid 6-800 phone. The other feels like a kids toy.

At the end of the day. Even if an IPhone could some how be flashed to droid, I still wouldn't want it. It's great that the android market is open source and rooted apps are in the same store as stock but no one in their right mind can ever compare or compete with the "jailbreak" and "Cydia".

One of the  biggest problems with android was its inability to have simple tweaks that made my phone how I want. Cydia on the other hand has very thing. If I wanna hide statusbar elements I simply type in statusbar into Cydia, and a million other examples.

And themes alone make the iPhone a million times better. ROMS are cool. But a total pain in the ***. Winterboard is simple and easy to use.

I think  "fanboys" could go on forever. But it's literally worse than politics talking about this.

Samsung people hate apple. Apple people support their products and dislike Samsung.

I think droid would do a lot better if they didn't come out with a new one every month. We get an iPhone once a year, for good reason. They make a solid great product with all the features they want to incorporate. Android releases a new phone with every new feature. It's sad.

Here's the main difference, imo, and why I'm choosing iOS for the moment.Android might be great if you want to work real hard to make it great.

Vanilla Android, like what comes stock on a nexus device is nice and custom ROM's are great too. The problem with all of them,  is that just when you think you've got the perfect set up, you download an app and realize it's not compatible.

Or, an app that was working fine a minute ago suddenly forces closes. Its REALLY frustrating. So, you read up on forums, ask questions, find a fix and apply it, but alas--the "fix" breaks something else.

And you have to start all over again. What I love about iOS is that you don't need a custom ROM. Everything works perfectly. Plus when switching devices, you don't have to worry about compatibility.

Aside from this, you cannot compare build quality. iPhone wins every time. It feels so damn good in your hands. Not sure what manufacturers using Android's OS don't get about this.

Plastic sucks. Period. Finally, if you like gaming (like me), Android is really gonna piss you off. Games don't work accross all devices. The best games only work on Tegra-chip devices.

On iOS they pretty much all work (except for iPad only games, which, correct me if I'm wrong, aren't many). Just to top it off, if you enjoy using a lot of custom ROMs be careful about your games saves.

I don't know how many I've lost when jumping from one rom to another. I know there are apps that save them but they're not perfect.

Samsung is such a genius for coming up with the ad, it doesn't take a genius to know that Samsung does know what stand by time is.

SG3 still lags on speed , even with all that horsepower... because all that crap they got running in the background, no wonder they have a Sasquatch screen on there, to hide the car battery it takes to run the thing! ha!

STAND BY TIME
The maximum length of time a wireless phone or communicator is fully charged, turned on and ready to send and receive calls or data transmissions.

790 hours that's over a month, that's asinine! Their getting desperate it seems, losing a lawsuit and over a billion dollars will do that.

Apple announced pre-orders of its iPhone 5 topped two million in just 24 hours, more than double the previous record of one million held by iPhone 4S. Demand for iPhone 5 exceeds the initial supply and while the majority of pre-orders will be delivered to customers on September 21, many are scheduled to be delivered in October.

that's one huge meltdown

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2012, 08:58:49 PM »

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »
He's the South American rep for Apple that gthing wishes he was.

Well, yes...but only  if the iPhone had a penis and a pre-installed tranny-tracker app!

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2012, 12:08:50 AM »
have a look

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2012, 12:56:53 AM »
Is this Gracie with the Skullet?

Maybe this is him?

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2012, 09:10:18 AM »
that's one huge meltdown

I could dumb down that for you.

But.. i will have more fun posting this picture.

Gracie Rules

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #172 on: September 18, 2012, 11:53:12 AM »
People and their phones.  Morons.

NEXUS 6

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #173 on: September 18, 2012, 12:33:13 PM »
X2...I have a smartphone, a good one. About 30 phones have come out since I got it. I really don't care, and I'm not running to the store to get the latest greatest. Mine is just fine and does everYthing a modern phone needs to do. I can text, send pics, email, GPS, play music, Facebook... all the good shit. People fighting over telephones....LOLOL

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
Re: Iphone 5
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2012, 01:52:21 PM »
 Laser Keyboard & Can Project Holograms!  ??? ???