Author Topic: IPhone 5 - Good or just another simple upgrade  (Read 31273 times)

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
Re: IPhone 5 - Good or just another simple upgrade
« Reply #200 on: October 18, 2012, 05:17:52 PM »
Too showy?

O

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #201 on: October 18, 2012, 05:24:42 PM »
The next nexus will probably be the phone to get.

My galaxy s3 running cm10 jellybean is just on another planet compared to touchwiz and any android phone

Though, after having the HTC one xl, the galaxy s3 screen looks sub par. The HTC one x screen is mind blowing

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #202 on: October 18, 2012, 06:04:32 PM »
Yeah the next Nexus is going to be the LG Nexus 4, although rumor has it that there will be multiple nexus devices this year and next.

I hate the stock ics browser, alternate between chrome and opera.

Reason I went with the RAZR Maxx HD over the galaxy s3 is because Motorola's build quality is unmatched... best hardware.... and closest thing to stock android software on a non-nexus device!

you won't regret getting the RAZR HD but why no maxx?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #203 on: October 18, 2012, 06:10:47 PM »
But can you get a case like this for motocrapola?

O

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2012, 08:20:34 PM »
S3's NFC is built into the battery tho. So you would have to find a Samsung extended battery. With idk if they even exist.

I'm pretty sure you can also buy some battery cases with NFC built in (they definitely have the for the galaxy nexus)

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
Re: Iphone 5
« Reply #205 on: October 18, 2012, 09:18:06 PM »
I heard it was supposed to come with the holografic keyboard. I do not see it listed on the screenshots.   ???
^^
Those were ALL propaganda from Apple fanatics who were just spreading HYPE.  They want to have a future like Star Trek the new generation.
HTC makes fine smart phones, with everything one might need.  Check them out...

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: October 18, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2012, 07:21:16 AM »
I'm pretty sure you can also buy some battery cases with NFC built in (they definitely have the for the galaxy nexus)
Nope. No cases with it built in.
A

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2012, 02:27:32 PM »
Iphone4 is just fine.  ;)
D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #209 on: October 19, 2012, 02:28:32 PM »
Iphone4 is just fine.  ;)
DOUG!!!!

Welcome back broseph!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #210 on: October 19, 2012, 02:34:40 PM »
But can you get a case like this for motocrapola?

Are you an Eskimo?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #211 on: October 19, 2012, 03:03:35 PM »
Are you an Eskimo?

NO, it's the only way he can walk around with wood in his pants

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #212 on: October 19, 2012, 03:08:28 PM »
I have two spare Samsung batteries. I bought 2 Samsung battery kits. They have NFC built in. (though I find NFC a gimmick atm)

Yeah I am not sure why companies want thin thin phones. The most important thing is battery. Especially 4g/lte that drains your battery

Yeah the Motorola hd is pretty much a better nexus

So many epic phones will be coming in the next couple of weeks.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #213 on: October 19, 2012, 04:45:42 PM »
I have two spare Samsung batteries. I bought 2 Samsung battery kits. They have NFC built in. (though I find NFC a gimmick atm)

Yeah I am not sure why companies want thin thin phones. The most important thing is battery. Especially 4g/lte that drains your battery

Yeah the Motorola hd is pretty much a better nexus

So many epic phones will be coming in the next couple of weeks.

Outed.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2013, 11:30:33 AM »
Who Made That Cellphone?

By PAGAN KENNEDY

“We wanted to do a dazzling demonstration,” Martin Cooper says of the day in 1973 when he stood outside the Manhattan Hilton and fiddled with an object that was nearly the size of a child’s boot. “I had this thing with push-buttons on it, and I was talking into it,” he remembers. A crowd gathered around him on Sixth Avenue, gawking as he demonstrated how to make a call from the sidewalk — with no phone booth and no wires.

After the stunt, Cooper — who was head of the communications-systems division at Motorola — met with journalists inside the Hilton. The first cellphone, weighing more than two pounds, had all the sex appeal of a doorstop. Still, it was a triumph of engineering. To prove that the phone wasn’t an elaborate fake, he handed it around. One reporter called Australia and was astonished when her mother’s voice came out of the plastic-covered device.

“I have a mantra that people are naturally, fundamentally and inherently mobile,” Cooper says. While working on car phones, he imagined a world in which people would carry the devices on their bodies — and he liked to joke that “when you were born, you would be assigned a phone number.” That idea seemed wildly futuristic in the 1960s, when car phones needed 30-pound batteries. But by the early 1970s, “the electronics had improved,” he says. “We could get by with a small battery and very small parts, and you could actually carry the phone with you.”

It would be another decade before you could actually buy one. The Motorola DynaTAC 8000X, left, went on sale in 1983 for about $4,000 — and became a symbol of yuppie excess. In the 1987 movie “Wall Street,” Gordon Gekko strolls on the beach at sunrise and snarls into his brick-size phone, “This is your wake-up call, pal.” Soon enough, everyone else would get the wake-up call, too.

SPYING ON YOURSELF

Alex Pentland, director of the Human Dynamics Lab at M.I.T., studies cellphone data for clues about our behavior.

The phone tracks our movements, as well as our calls and texts, so it can reveal a lot about our daily lives. What did you learn about yourself by studying your own cellphone data? That I’m very predictable. We tend to pay attention only to the new things in our lives. Meanwhile, our habits are invisible to us. You may say you don’t always eat Tex-Mex food, but if you’re always at the Tex-Mex restaurant, I’d have to disagree.

If you were to look at my cellphone data, could you predict where I’ll be next Tuesday? Probably.

In a recent study, you looked at people’s cellphone data and found that their behavior changed just before they reported feeling sick. Yes. It turns out that all of us have very consistent responses when we’re getting the flu. We move around more before we come down with the illness — it’s that last gasp of activity before you get really sick.

You asked the people in your study to tell you how many hours they slept. Did you discover anything when you put together the sleep logs with calls, texts and other cellphone data? It turns out that there’s a strong correlation between social stimulation and good sleep. If you don’t sleep well, you are more likely to be a hermit. Some of the people in our study discovered that the correlation was very strong for them — they needed good sleep in order to be social.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/17/magazine/who-made-that-cellphone.html?nl=todaysheadlines&emc=edit_th_20130316&_r=0

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2013, 11:39:36 AM »

Martin Cooper was actually present at Motorola latest Droid Razr HD unveiling last September.  They talked all about the development of the first cell phone and how it has progressed today.

It is truly one of the most amazing pieces of technology that we have today.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2013, 12:07:39 PM »
meanwhile, in china;

Riots, suicides, and other issues in Foxconn's iPhone factorieshttp://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57515968-37/riots-suicides-and-other-issues-in-foxconns-iphone-factories/

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2013, 12:39:25 PM »
meanwhile, in china;

Riots, suicides, and other issues in Foxconn's iPhone factorieshttp://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57515968-37/riots-suicides-and-other-issues-in-foxconns-iphone-factories/

Foxconn makes more than just iphones.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2013, 06:47:23 PM »
wasting your money on shit that losses its value in 1 month as well as willfully letting the govt track your every move.
TEAM Nasser

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2013, 07:20:05 PM »
wasting your money on shit that losses its value in 1 month as well as willfully letting the govt track your every move.

because the government can't track you any other way? ::)
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2013, 07:21:08 PM »

Shut up.
Y

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2013, 07:32:09 PM »
because the government can't track you any other way? ::)

Not only that, is he trying to tell us that he doesn't have a cell phone?

I call shenanigans.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2013, 09:34:46 PM »
Fucking Apple is lame.  Hate them.

- Sent from my IPhone 4G

LMFAO

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #223 on: April 03, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »
S3's NFC is built into the battery tho. So you would have to find a Samsung extended battery. With idk if they even exist.

PowerRocks