Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758444 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Industry News & Notes:
« Reply #2075 on: February 25, 2016, 07:44:52 AM »
Sunny is going to take it in the tooter shortly  ;D

She already did. It's online.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2076 on: February 25, 2016, 10:21:33 AM »
more sunny news . she will be on this week {weds} episode of pawnstars trying to sell her wwe  hof ring to rick harrison and the boys..
               got this off a wrestling website, turns out it was paul bearer's hof ring they were selling.... if you can't trust the internet who can you trust ??? ??? ???
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #2077 on: February 29, 2016, 05:43:28 AM »
She already did. It's online.
Oh really? This I gotta see  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2078 on: March 01, 2016, 09:27:42 AM »
TNA’s lawsuit against Scott Steiner is no more. PWInsider reports that the judge in the case dismissed it with prejudice on February 22nd in Nashville, Tennessee. The “with prejudice” determination means that TNA cannot re-file the case down the line.

The lawsuit was initially filed by TNA in June of 2012 after TNA claimed that he breached his TNA contract (which had expired by that point) by making public potshots against the company, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff and Bruce Pritchard. TNA sought damages as well as an injunction against further disparagement.

Steiner had denied that he ever agreed not to disparage the company or that trashing TNA would breach his deal. He said he was not involved in a “concerted effort to disparage” TNA or its officers and that he had ignored requests to stop. He said that he was offered a new contract but chose to turn it down and never executed the deal.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2079 on: March 18, 2016, 07:05:54 PM »
Hulk Hogan awarded $115 million in Gawker lawsuit.  :o

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2080 on: March 18, 2016, 07:07:07 PM »
From tpww.net

UPDATE: Hulk Hogan won more than he asked for in his lawsuit against Gawker Media over his leaked sex tape. Variety reports that the jury in the case awarded Hogan $115 million, more than the $100 million that he had been asking for, as they found the media outlet violated Hogan’s privacy by posting a portion of the sex tape online.

Gawker had argued that they were protected under the First Amendment and that Hogan’s celebrity status, including his public discussion of his sex life, made the tape newsworthy. Gawker indicated earlier today that they believe key evidence was kept out of the trial and indicated their intent to appeal.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2081 on: March 20, 2016, 12:30:48 PM »
From tpww.net

UPDATE: Hulk Hogan won more than he asked for in his lawsuit against Gawker Media over his leaked sex tape. Variety reports that the jury in the case awarded Hogan $115 million, more than the $100 million that he had been asking for, as they found the media outlet violated Hogan’s privacy by posting a portion of the sex tape online.

Gawker had argued that they were protected under the First Amendment and that Hogan’s celebrity status, including his public discussion of his sex life, made the tape newsworthy. Gawker indicated earlier today that they believe key evidence was kept out of the trial and indicated their intent to appeal.
And just like that, Hogan is worth more money than he ever was.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2082 on: March 20, 2016, 12:37:03 PM »
According to sources, both Bobby Roode and Eric Young have asked for their releases from TNA Wrestling and will be finishing up their runs at tonight’s tapings in Orlando. Working this weekend’s events were part of their agreements. Both men have been a part of the company since 2004.

TNA issued the following statement: “Impact Wrestling has come to terms on the release of veteran wrestlers Bobby Roode and Eric Young (Jeremy Fritz). Bobby and Eric have been valuable members of The Impact Roster since 2004 and we wish them nothing but the best in their careers going forward.

Bobby had this to say earlier today, “To the guys and girls I got to work with for the past 12 years, Impact Wrestling, the office and everyone associated with me getting to live this dream, I say thank you. It is time for me to move on to the next chapter in my life. This has been amazing.”

Eric Young had this to say. “Thank you. Thank you to everyone who watched me for the past 12 years. Thank you to Impact Wrestling. I wish everyone here nothing but the best going forward.”

Executive Vice President of Creative and Television, John Gaburick added, “Bobby and Eric are true professionals. We salute them for the 12 years they gave TNA.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2083 on: March 25, 2016, 07:49:05 AM »
From tpww.net

I put this in another thread

Hulk slept with his best friend's wife (Bubba the Love Sponge). I used to listen to his show when I lived in Tampa and Hogan known as "hootie" was on there at least once a week. Always talked about jet skiing together, working out etc etc

Here is my theory, Bubba and Hogan are in on this together and were probably hoping to sell the tape to the highest bidder BUT Gawker beat them to the punch. Nobody knows who filmed the footage and lets be honest, I don't care how hot my best friend's wife is, I don't sleep with her.

When the check hits Hogan's bank, Bubba and his wife/ex wife whatever, will see some money from this...quote me on it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2084 on: March 25, 2016, 09:17:19 PM »
I put this in another thread

Hulk slept with his best friend's wife (Bubba the Love Sponge). I used to listen to his show when I lived in Tampa and Hogan known as "hootie" was on there at least once a week. Always talked about jet skiing together, working out etc etc

Here is my theory, Bubba and Hogan are in on this together and were probably hoping to sell the tape to the highest bidder BUT Gawker beat them to the punch. Nobody knows who filmed the footage and lets be honest, I don't care how hot my best friend's wife is, I don't sleep with her.

When the check hits Hogan's bank, Bubba and his wife/ex wife whatever, will see some money from this...quote me on it.

He was just awarded an additional 25mil. Now 140mil total....

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2085 on: April 13, 2016, 10:32:08 AM »
balls mahoney from ecw dies at 44 years of age.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #2086 on: April 13, 2016, 05:58:53 PM »
balls mahoney from ecw dies at 44 years of age.

That doesn't surprise me.

I met Balls a number of times. He struck me as an all around good guy, but a total trainwreck at the same time.
He allegedly struck a fan for not recognizing him during his "transformation" circa 2004.

Honestly, Balls tried changing his image for a while, dying his hair, changing his ring gear, dropping a ton of weight, and actually getting in decent shape.

The first time I met him was backstage at an Indy show. He was taking a shit when I walked into the bathroom. I could semi-see him peeking through the crack in the door as I walked past. The trainees all had red ring shirts that night, and so he must have identified me as one - it was still early before the show.

Through the stall door, he proceeded to tell me about the stack he'd been using to cut weight & build muscle.
That was my first of future encounters with the man named Balls.

I really liked him!

R.I.P.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2087 on: April 13, 2016, 06:01:12 PM »
Wrestling Board Trivia:

At the time of the above story, Balls Mahoney and Montague drove the EXACT same kind of car - model, year, and color.

In fact, one night after a show, I came out to the parking lot and mistook his ride for mine!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2088 on: April 19, 2016, 04:34:55 AM »
Wrestling Board Trivia:

At the time of the above story, Balls Mahoney and Montague drove the EXACT same kind of car - model, year, and color.

In fact, one night after a show, I came out to the parking lot and mistook his ride for mine!
Now you even stumped me .... and that's not an easy thing to do  ???

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2089 on: April 19, 2016, 06:53:43 PM »
Now you even stumped me .... and that's not an easy thing to do  ???

Probably because you had more sense and class than I did to hang with that type of crowd.
 ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2090 on: April 21, 2016, 04:28:29 AM »
Former WWE star Joanie Laurer (aka Chyna) has passed away, according to her management team on Twitter. They posted the following statement:

“It is with deep sadness to inform you today that we lost a true icon, a real life superhero. Joanie Laurer aka Chyna, the 9th wonder of the world has passed away. She will live forever in the memories of her millions of fans and all of us that loved her. “

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2091 on: April 21, 2016, 06:05:33 PM »
Former WWE star Joanie Laurer (aka Chyna) has passed away, according to her management team on Twitter. They posted the following statement:

“It is with deep sadness to inform you today that we lost a true icon, a real life superhero. Joanie Laurer aka Chyna, the 9th wonder of the world has passed away. She will live forever in the memories of her millions of fans and all of us that loved her. “

My buddy sent me this earlier:

"Details are sketchy, but some reports say someone 'came' in the back door & found her face down, unresponsive!"
(Too soon?)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2092 on: April 29, 2016, 04:51:09 AM »

My buddy sent me this earlier:

"Details are sketchy, but some reports say someone 'came' in the back door & found her face down, unresponsive!"
(Too soon?)
It has "overdose" written all over it....lol....Monte...."came in the back door" lol

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2093 on: May 01, 2016, 11:42:21 PM »
Enzo Amore injured at Payback. Ref had to stop the match after he hit his head on one of the ropes the bounced it off the mat. Diagnosed with a concussion.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2094 on: May 11, 2016, 03:58:16 AM »
Enzo Amore injured at Payback. Ref had to stop the match after he hit his head on one of the ropes the bounced it off the mat. Diagnosed with a concussion.
Ouch....I saw that bump....didn't look good at all.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2095 on: June 05, 2016, 06:23:44 PM »
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, Brock Lesnar will be fighting at UFC200 next month.

Apparently WWE have granted him a one-off permission to go over there for one night.  I've not seen any other details yet, so no idea on who the opponent will be.  A rematch against Overeem or Velasquez would seem logical, but Overeem only fought last month and Cain is already on the card to face Travis Browne.  Frank Mir would be an option, but I don't know what's happened since his positive drug test a couple of months back.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #2096 on: June 07, 2016, 01:26:01 AM »
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, Brock Lesnar will be fighting at UFC200 next month.

Apparently WWE have granted him a one-off permission to go over there for one night.  I've not seen any other details yet, so no idea on who the opponent will be.  A rematch against Overeem or Velasquez would seem logical, but Overeem only fought last month and Cain is already on the card to face Travis Browne.  Frank Mir would be an option, but I don't know what's happened since his positive drug test a couple of months back.

This will be good and much needed cross-promotion/publicity for the Fed.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2097 on: June 07, 2016, 06:11:17 PM »
This will be good and much needed cross-promotion/publicity for the Fed.

Definitely.  They've announced he'll be facing Mark Hunt now.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #2098 on: June 07, 2016, 07:46:39 PM »
Brock lives in Regina, maybe he can get in some poverty bag sessions with Josh.  ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2099 on: June 17, 2016, 06:42:08 AM »
jerry lawler suspended by wwe for beating up his 27 year old girl friend in memphis. i think his wwe career is over.... funny how they get rid of lawler and hogan for saying the n word.... yet stone cold steve austin who beat up debra mac is still a beloved legend.
F