Author Topic: Another One Bites The Dust (boxing)  (Read 4873 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Re: Another One Bites The Dust (boxing)
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2014, 09:05:39 AM »
This is very sad, but it definitely is a potential hazard in the sport of boxing.

I remember that as a young man when I used to box recreationally, there were many times where I had gotten knocked out cold and upon being woken up with ammonia inhalants, I would think that this shit can not be sustained for too long, especially as a professional boxer. You can train and build various parts of your body to take serious strikes, but the head doesn't have exercises to reduce the impact of blows.

The type of head trauma experienced by these guys is the perfect ingredient in a recipe that would lead to severe brain damage and/or even Parkinson's disease. 

For those that take part in boxing in the amateur circuits, be careful guys.

"1"

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2014, 11:27:57 AM »
sorry to see this , but this kind of scene always reminds me of the jean claude van damme movie where his brother is destroyed in the ring by cum po and they carry him out and put him by the curve like yesterday's garbage.
F

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2014, 12:51:45 PM »
sorry to see this , but this kind of scene always reminds me of the jean claude van damme movie where his brother is destroyed in the ring by cum po and they carry him out and put him by the curve like yesterday's garbage.

Classic Freudian slip. Must have cum on the brain.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2014, 12:57:49 PM »
Classic Freudian slip. Must have cum on the brain.
no slip we're talking about van damme here.
F

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »
Only recently there was a HW fight which resulted in one guy being put into a coma. Now this?

RIP

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2014, 02:58:38 PM »
no slip we're talking about van damme here.

Such a pussy slayer that Van Damme. Also an ant eater when it came to sucking up blow.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2014, 05:58:00 PM »
This is very sad, but it definitely is a potential hazard in the sport of boxing.

I remember that as a young man when I used to box recreationally, there were many times where I had gotten knocked out cold and upon being woken up with ammonia inhalants, I would think that this shit can not be sustained for too long, especially as a professional boxer. You can train and build various parts of your body to take serious strikes, but the head doesn't have exercises to reduce the impact of blows.

The type of head trauma experienced by these guys is the perfect ingredient in a recipe that would lead to severe brain damage and/or even Parkinson's disease. 

"1"

Exactly .

Another Mexican boxer ,  Frankie Leal (26 years old )  died  from a blood clot  last October , you can see him dying on the ring @ 2 ' mark ,  fighting until the end  ,RIP

Kurt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2014, 12:02:50 AM »

"1"

When I fought, headgear was mandatory at the silver gloves, golden gloves, and olympic level. I believe it still is.

Perhaps my team mates and I were lucky not to have gotten hurt. Travelling to reservations to fight in ND and Montans was about as hostile as it got for us; even moreso than state and regionals IMO. Golden Gloves Boxing was by far the best team sport I have ever participated in.