Author Topic: question  (Read 927 times)

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
question
« on: July 13, 2009, 11:34:51 PM »
? im still young but im still in the same town where i went to high school, going to college, and due to  contracts will have to complete 2 years of employment...

but i wonder what it would of been like to go to undergrad in one place... grad school in another... and work in another city....
not only in the U.S. but internationally

is life passing me by staying where i know everyone and everyone knows me...

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
Re: question
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 11:37:53 PM »
? im still young but im still in the same town where i went to high school, going to college, and due to  contracts will have to complete 2 years of employment...

but i wonder what it would of been like to go to undergrad in one place... grad school in another... and work in another city....

dude, life is to short for regret, see the world meet some new people have fun you asshole. because if you die with any regrets, you wasted your life!!!

bench

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:40:43 PM »
It is very hard for a Yank to get a job in another country,...you have to have connections to get you the permits.

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 11:41:29 PM »
It is very hard for a Yank to get a job in another country,...you have to have connections to get you the permits.

i speak three languages  ;D

:'( :'( :'(

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 11:43:56 PM »
i speak three languages  ;D

:'( :'( :'(

You still need connections,...the permits are very hard for United States citizens to get, even being tri-lingual.  I tried to get a job with the BBC for nearly five years,...all I got was a run around.

Your best bet is to be presently employed in the USA by a company with operations in the country that you want to work in.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 11:52:05 PM »
i never said anything about getting a job ::)

the guy just needs to see some shit before he ruins his life until retirement.

bench

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 02:36:29 AM »
There are a lot of opportunities abroad depending on what type of work you do. I've been working abroad since 1995 and I've been with 5 or 6 different companies.  Most of them Defense Contractors. It's allowed me to travel and see lots of places and do lots of things that I would never have even dreamed about if I hadn't left home.  Send me a PM if you want t list of Contracting Companies for overseas contracts. There's always a big list floating around amongst us contract workers. I'll forward you a copy with all the links.

Pat

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 02:39:17 AM »
There are a lot of opportunities abroad depending on what type of work you do. I've been working abroad since 1995 and I've been with 5 or 6 different companies.  Most of them Defense Contractors. It's allowed me to travel and see lots of places and do lots of things that I would never have even dreamed about if I hadn't left home.  Send me a PM if you want t list of Contracting Companies for overseas contracts. There's always a big list floating around amongst us contract workers. I'll forward you a copy with all the links.

Pat

Thanks Pat,will do

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 02:53:19 AM »

no