Author Topic: Michael Vick signs with the Eagles!!  (Read 23978 times)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
Re: Michael Vick signs with the Eagles!!
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2009, 05:35:43 PM »
That's why they're still talking about Favre? Yeah... That's not to keep Football in the spotlight. ::)

espn is talking abut favre, not 60 minutes or cnn ::)

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2009, 05:37:27 PM »
espn is talking abut favre, not 60 minutes or cnn ::)

E

That's because CNN is in bed with SI and 60 minutes is just following the trend.

You really don't get it?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2009, 05:40:56 PM »
That's because CNN is in bed with SI and 60 minutes is just following the trend.

You really don't get it?

it's all over the news

only the morons saying "it's not people, just dogs" are over it

E
E

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2009, 05:43:14 PM »
Those Enron guys did far worse things.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2009, 05:44:00 PM »
it's all over the news

only the morons saying "it's not people, just dogs" are over it

E

That's 1/2 of America... Just not your 1/2.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #180 on: August 17, 2009, 05:44:47 PM »
Those Enron guys did far worse things.

who is saying good things about them?

stop looking for ways to justify the killing of dogs

E
E

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #181 on: August 17, 2009, 05:46:13 PM »
That's 1/2 of America... Just not your 1/2.

so 150 million+ still care?

sounds like a lot to me :)

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2009, 05:47:46 PM »
The difference with Stallworth and some of the other players who have been in trouble is intent.  He made a poor choice by getting behind the wheel of his car after having a few drinks.  He did not set out that night looking to kill someone.  Vick tortured and killed dogs for years and knew exactly what he was doing.  Thats not only a crime, its the sign of a sick, twisted mind.

I dont know what dogs treatment in other countries have to do with dogs being killed here.  There are also other countries where human rights are stomped on all the time.  Dogs have earned certain rights and have been elevated to a higher place in out society.  They have worked with us and been of service to us, for many they are a close part of the family. 

I meant to respond to this... If you drink and drive... You have implied intent of killing someone. That's why people who have done the same thing have been tried (successfully) for murder.

Stallworth is more guilty in my opinion than Vick because he knowingly endangered other human lives and those people were killed.

Intent is bullshit.

You drink and drive you intend to do whatever the hell you want and you don't care about anyone else.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #183 on: August 17, 2009, 05:50:10 PM »
I meant to respond to this... If you drink and drive... You have implied intent of killing someone. That's why people who have done the same thing have been tried (successfully) for murder.

Stallworth is more guilty in my opinion than Vick because he knowingly endangered other human lives and those people were killed.

Intent is bullshit.

You drink and drive you intend to do whatever the hell you want and you don't care about anyone else.

so 1/2 of america has implied intent to kill someone?

E
E

Per Se

• Getbig III
« Reply #184 on: August 17, 2009, 05:50:29 PM »
you are too stupid to understand

E

No I'm not stupid, I just don't value the life of a dog that highly, and neither should you.
There are more important things in life to worry about.
Rather than worrying about dogs, you could contribute something to mankind.
Instead of worrying about dogs.

(For the record, I am not saying it's ok to kill dogs for no reason)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #185 on: August 17, 2009, 05:54:55 PM »
so 1/2 of america has implied intent to kill someone?

E

They have implied intent to not give a shit about others... yes... if they drink and drive.

Most certainly.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2009, 06:00:09 PM »
I can't speak for the "Bruthas" that you know but for this brotha, I never once thought or inferred that what Vick did wasn't wrong. Nobody I have ever discussed this with, black or white, has ever debated Vick's innocence with me.  That is not the issue here. I think anyone with basic common sense can see what he did was dead wrong.  With that, the same person with the same common sense should be able to see that the man has done his time and paid the dues set fourth by the state (the people) and sense he has done that he should be allowed to go on with his life. Ask yourself this, If he wasn't Micheal Vick and just the "brutha" that lived a few doors down from you or the guy that worked at the grocery store nobody would be making a big deal on weather "Kroger's" allowed him to come back and get his job stocking shelves.  This is just ridiculous and needs to be put to rest. He did it, he went to jail, he got out...... Let the man live his life and you live yours.

Pat

Many people share my personal opinion that the "punishment" has been far too lenient. And I don't care what someone does for a living or what color they are - anyone who would do these types of things is subhuman scum and potentially very dangerous to society at large. It's obvious that some DON'T believe his actions were "wrong" (morally speaking).

I don't think anyone is debating his actual legal innocence or guilt either. It's more about the guy being a stupid sociopath. And that many are defending him, making excuses for him, blaming society, trying to downplay his crimes, making poor analogies, etc - either because he's a celebrity or a minority or both. This is also a perfect example of the criminal justice system, certain segments of society, and entities such as the NFL being far too lenient IMO.

On Vick being let back into the league, I think that the "crimes" committed by Pete Rose and Willie Mays were far, far less serious and they should have been forgiven long before a psychopath like Vick should be forgiven. His crimes are far more troubling than many are willing or able to see. I don't think it should be "left alone" so quickly and easily. He should at the very least be watched very, very closely for the rest of his life.
A

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2009, 06:01:57 PM »
Many people share my personal opinion that the "punishment" has been far too lenient. And I don't care what someone does for a living or what color they are - anyone who would do these types of things is subhuman scum and potentially very dangerous to society at large. It's obvious that some DON'T believe his actions were "wrong" (morally speaking).

I don't think anyone is debating his actual legal innocence or guilt either. It's more about the guy being a stupid sociopath. And that many are defending him, making excuses for him, blaming society, trying to downplay his crimes, making poor analogies, etc - either because he's a celebrity or a minority or both. This is also a perfect example of the criminal justice system, certain segments of society, and entities such as the NFL being far too lenient IMO.

On Vick being let back into the league, I think that the "crimes" committed by Pete Rose and Willie Mays were far, far less serious and they should have been forgiven long before a psychopath like Vick should be forgiven. His crimes are far more troubling than many are willing or able to see. I don't think it should be "left alone" so quickly and easily. He should at the very least be watched very, very closely for the rest of his life.

So you're saying a man shouldn't have the right to make a living? Wow.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2009, 06:02:29 PM »
No I'm not stupid, I just don't value the life of a dog that highly, and neither should you.

it has nothing to do with "worrying" about dogs, why do you vick schmoes assume that anybody against him hates people?

it's just seeing that it takes a sick piece of shit to do what vick did for the sake of giggles

i just saw the other day on yahoo a page that talked about how to be younger than your actual age, one of the recommendations was owning a dog

dogs contribute to mankind

E
E

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2009, 06:04:13 PM »

who is saying good things about them?

stop looking for ways to justify the killing of dogs

E

Point is simple. They got to move on.

People's obsession with this thing is lame.
it has nothing to do with "worrying" about dogs, why do you vick schmoes assume that anybody against him hates people?

it's just seeing that it takes a sick piece of shit to do what vick did for the sake of giggles

i just saw the other day on yahoo a page that talked about how to be younger than your actual age, one of the recommendations was owning a dog

dogs contribute to mankind

E

Oh brother.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #190 on: August 17, 2009, 06:04:45 PM »
They have implied intent to not give a shit about others... yes... if they drink and drive.

Most certainly.

i don't think the majority doesn't care about others, they're just too stupid to realize that bad things can happen

none of them get in their car and say "i'm going to run somebody over today" like vick knew he was going to kill dogs

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #191 on: August 17, 2009, 06:05:54 PM »
i don't think the majority doesn't care about others, they're just too stupid to realize that bad things can happen

none of them get in their car and say "i'm going to run somebody over today" like vick knew he was going to kill dogs

E

If in this day and age, you don't realize that drinking and driving can have serious repercussions, you're not stupid... You don't give a shit.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #192 on: August 17, 2009, 06:06:26 PM »

Oh brother.

you don't get it because you never had a dog, or you're just a sick sociopath like vick :-*

E
E

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2009, 06:07:42 PM »

x2 wheres the outrage for people that get tortured & murdered?yea theres outrage but defiantly not enough to fill 8 pages on GetBig....These people need to get a fuckin life and quit persecuting others with there holier than thou attitudes...everyone fucks up...If your reading this yes...your shit stinks to..some people fuck up and run some one over others abuse dogs...others abuse drugs what the fuck ever you get the point...well probably not this is getbig after all.

the funny thing is before this happened I was never a Vick fan.I think he's the most overrated player there is.Now I find myself rooting for him because jackasses that think it's the worst thing since 911 what this guy did....give it a fukin rest!!!
DAWG

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2009, 06:07:58 PM »
So you're saying a man shouldn't have the right to make a living? Wow.

I think the only "right to make a living" some men should have is making my license plates for me.
A

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2009, 06:09:07 PM »
If in this day and age, you don't realize that drinking and driving can have serious repercussions, you're not stupid... You don't give a shit.

they realize it can have serious repercussions, but they believe they aren't impaired to the point of being a danger on the road

if you regularly drink, i don't buy for a minute that you always had a designated driver or called a cab

there is a huge difference between intent and an accident, vick supporters have trouble grasping that :-\

E
E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2009, 06:09:20 PM »
x2 wheres the outrage for people that get tortured & murdered?yea theres outrage but defiantly not enough to fill 8 pages on GetBig....These people need to get a fuckin life and quit persecuting others with there holier than thou attitudes...everyone fucks up...If your reading this yes...your shit stinks to..some people fuck up and run some one over others abuse dogs...others abuse drugs what the fuck ever you get the point...well probably not this is getbig after all.

the funny thing is before this happened I was never a Vick fan.I think he's the most overrated player there is.Now I find myself rooting for him because jackasses that think it's the worst thing since 911 what this guy did....give it a fukin rest!!!

You make a valid point... Are these the same people who are pro-torture or anti-torture?

I'd like to see that breakdown.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #197 on: August 17, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »
they realize it can have serious repercussions, but they believe they aren't impaired to the point of being a danger on the road

if you regularly drink, i don't buy for a minute that you always had a designated driver or called a cab

there is a huge difference between intent and an accident, vick supporters have trouble grasping that :-\

E

I can tell you that I drove impaired ONE time... in my whole life... when I was 22.

I always get someone else to drive or call a cab... I'm sorry my standard is a little higher than yours when it comes to that.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #198 on: August 17, 2009, 06:12:55 PM »

LOL after he is a convicted felon that's when you decide to be a fan, and they say chicks love the bad boy

since when isn't there outrage over torture and murder?  how many times are you going to spout off that nonsense in each of your stupid posts?

when an nfl player tortures and murders a human being you will see more coverage, ok? ::)

E
E

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: August 17, 2009, 06:14:13 PM »

you don't get it because you never had a dog, or you're just a sick sociopath like vick :-*

E

No, I'm just not gay.

I could totally see having a pet for company but really wouldn't go all gay over the experience and let shit get out of perspective.