Author Topic: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam  (Read 228751 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: People who have become Muslim
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 12:47:09 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 02:00:20 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2012, 02:02:22 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Educational Videos about Islam
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2012, 02:25:27 PM »
Since alot of islamophobes criticizing Muslims for how we pray and that 'no jews or christians' pray like that.. I thought this would be an interesting thread.

In fact, if we read the old testament and new testament, the prophets of God prayed how we Muslims pray. If we look at original jewish prayer they prayed like we still pray today. If we even look at remnants of early christianity still with us today like certain christians in egypt, we will find them praying nearly identically as we pray today.

Jesus bowed down and prostrated himself, touching his head praying to God. So did Moses. So did Abraham. Etc...

Jews:

Christians:

Before prayer we do ablution which is washing ourself ritually to be clean in front of God. Washing our hands, washing our forearms, washing our face, rinsing our mouth and nose, washing our feet. This we call wudhu. Likewise alternatively we take a shower which is called ghusl (mandatory after sex).

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Muslim prayer
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2012, 02:26:59 PM »
There is a religion board for this...............
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2012, 02:30:04 PM »
oops thought i was in religion subsection :) Well enjoy either way

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Educational Videos about Islam
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2012, 02:37:12 PM »
Since a lot of islamophobes criticize us Muslims for how we pray and that 'no jews or christians' pray like that.. I thought this would be an interesting thread.

In fact, if we read the old testament and new testament, the prophets of God prayed how we Muslims pray. If we look at original jewish prayer they prayed like we still pray today. If we even look at remnants of early christianity still with us today like certain christians in egypt, we will find them praying nearly identically as we pray today.

Jesus bowed down and prostrated himself, touching his head praying to God. So did Moses. So did Abraham. Etc...

Jews:

Christians:

Before prayer we do ablution which is washing ourself ritually to be clean in front of God. Washing our hands, washing our forearms, washing our face, rinsing our mouth and nose, washing our feet. This we call wudhu. Likewise alternatively we take a shower which is called ghusl (mandatory after sex).

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2012, 02:42:09 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Muslim prayer compared to Jewish and Christian prayer
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2012, 05:50:47 PM »
While jews have that long horn trumpet thing they blow on for a call to prayer. Christians have bells.

We muslims have a verbal call to prayer:

I remember as a Christian witnessing these as well... when I became muslim I have desired to hear it again ever since... when I used to hear it, I felt interest in it but did not know what it was... I knew nothing about islam... I did visit after becoming Muslim, and it is indeed beautiful and unique to hear... Hearing it here during prayer times in the west, does not do it justice.

The full call to prayer is as so:

4x   الله أكبر   ---- Allahu Akbar ---- God is greatest
2x   أشهد أن لا اله إلا الله   ---- Ash-hadu an-la ilaha illa llah   ---- I bear witness that there is no deity except God.
2x   أشهد أن محمدا رسول الله   ---- Ash-hadu anna Muħammadan-Rasulullah   ---- I bear witness that Muhammad is the Messenger of God.
2x   حي على الصلاة   ---- Hayya 'ala s-salah   ---- Come to prayer ('salat').
2x   حي على الفلاح   ---- Hayya 'ala 'l-falah ---- Come to success.
2x   الله أكبر   ---- Allāhu akbar   ---- God is greatest.
1x   لا إله إلا الله ---- La ilaha illa-Allah ---- There is no deity except God.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2012, 06:11:27 PM »
I never understood converting from one religion to any other religion.

Religion is something that is indoctrinated into you from very very young ages... If you decide to stop believing in that which you have been taught to believe... Why would you switch to another religion and all of a sudden believe that one?

Would seem that not believing in any religion would be much more likely.

This is the Book (the Qur'ân), whereof there is no doubt, a guidance to those who are Al-Muttaqûn [the pious and righteous persons who fear Allâh much (abstain from all kinds of sins and evil deeds which He has forbidden) and love Allâh much (perform all kinds of good deeds which He has ordained)]. (Quran 2:1-2)

(This is) a Revelation sent down by the All­Mighty, the Most Merciful. In order that you may warn a people whose forefathers were not warned, so they are heedless. (Quran 36:5-6)

Whenever someone tells them: "Follow what God has sent down;" they say: "Rather we will follow what we discovered our forefathers were doing," even though their forefathers did not use reason in any way nor were they guided. (Quran 2:170)

We are all born pure, but we are raised and educated by our parents, friends, schools, environments.

To be Muslim is to submit yourself to God almighty by yourself. That is the literal definition of Muslim. Submission to God alone.

When truth of a certain thing is in front of you it is only wise to accept it or at least first ponder upon it before accepting.

Before leaving christianity, I studied christianity in depth, more than most christians know about their own religion. Most christians just blindly follow what their parents, schools and churches say.

Furthermore before leaving christianity I explored many different religions, philosophies, ideologies, I did not point blank just accept Islam. To me it was a journey, through acquiring knowledge and reflecting upon experiences in my travels, reflecting on experiences in my life and pondering rationally about myself, my environment, history, our origins, our purpose, etc... Yet the more i learned the more I realized what I believe is Islam, it had all the answers to all the questions I had about the bible and christianity. All that I was seeing around me happening, it was truly enlightening...

Furthermore its a simple, plain and truthful religion. There is no God except God almighty, that we worship him, that we do good deeds and abstain from evil. It is a religion that does not denounce reason or rational, it encourages it. It is a complete way of life and with practical teachings. Unlike say budhism if you really study budhism it is an impractical religion. Any way of life or religion that tries to deny human desire is impractical. Islam is not just a religion though, it is a complete way of life.

Most of these people on getbig that boast about slandering Islam have not even once given the chance to read the qur'an. Yet come on here and quote verses to which they have no clue where they are from, if they are even from the qur'an what their context is, etc... pretty ignorant. And when I tell them to read the qur'an they don't want to lol...

My father and mother when we left africa had a negative image of muslims (without knowing anything) because my father and mother witnessed a hijabi woman next to a man who wanted a bribe before we left. We were being held up because the man wanted a bribe. Bribes in islam are forbidden. But what did we know?

Funny thing when they look back, today my mother has accepted Islam and wears the hijab herself :)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2012, 06:18:58 PM »

He became Muslim too. He was a christian. He has an interesting series of lectures called the purpose of life.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2012, 06:24:53 PM »
Yeah... Still don't get it.

If God revealed something for mankind, and you discover it, and it is for all mankind. Would you still be following your ancestors/forefathers? Even if they call to the opposite? I wouldn't, and I don't. I accepted Islam. It is indeed better than what other man made ways of life offer. God our creator knows what's best for us as he created us and informs us about ourselves and Himself.

I accept Muhammad (pbuh) as the messenger of God and I believe in God. You should read the qur'an, no muslim will make you a muslim or try to make you a muslim, as you yourself are the only one who can accept and submit himself to God.

The simple answer is. I accepted truth and I rejected falsehood. If you want to call that conversion.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2012, 06:28:58 PM »
I don't get religion at all. I don't get any of it.

Religion is a superficial word. To me it denotes only rituals. The word for religion in Arabic is deen, it literally means way of life. In other words it a way of life you accept. That's what it means. By english definition of religion then it may mean going to church for mass, but then living life anyway you see fit. That's not the definition of deen. Islam teaches us how to live our lives and conduct ourselves even when it comes to business, even when it comes to work ethics, etc...

Everyone is able to chose how they want to live their life, we just happen to chose islam as our way of life.

God is one, and he sent messengers to all nations, according to Islam we believe God sent 124,000 prophets to all the nations of the earth throughout history. What they were given was for their distinct communities, what Islam brings is a message for all time for all mankind.

The way of life you chose can be that of your ancestors/forefathers, that which is around you if you are the type of person that goes any way the wind blows and you form your own on circmustances which may or may not be good for you, or you can through thought and reason accept a way of life through reason, observation and acceptance.

The best way of life is one that is ordained by God as he created us and understands us better than we understand each other or ourselves. Just look at the various systems of thought and ideologies that humans came up with without God and how they ended up? Just one example. Communism. People thought they were doing good through it but ultimately it brought horror to the lives of people even though it meant to bring peace and unity.

Islam is guidance from God almighty, and it's purpose is to make us better individuals and a better society, ultimately uniting all mankind regardless of race, gender or origins.

As you can see these people in these videos, they left their way of life and accepted islam as their way of life. They talk about what they were and how they lived their lives and how Islam changed their lives.

Indeed without Islam, I personally would be lost. Islam teaches me integrity and principles. If I wasn't muslim chances are I might have been drinking, clubbing, hunting girls endlessly, with no purpose in life, just wasting away time. Just one small example. Instead I live my life purposely and instead of using girls or drinking, I do healthy things, I married young, I am loyal to my wife. I try to use my time productively as best as I can wherever I am.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2012, 06:47:09 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2012, 07:03:08 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2012, 09:43:57 PM »
Out of the 6 million Muslims in USA, some 1.5 million are converts to Islam since 911:

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2012, 10:45:23 PM »

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2012, 05:08:15 AM »
That's cute that you're racist and all, I am white and married a brown woman :)

That's very nice but you still haven't answered my other question....... ;D

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2012, 05:44:12 AM »
 :o
V

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2012, 05:58:54 AM »
A-ahmed, not sure if you missed my earlier post, but I was wondering if you could show the dead body pics of people who have left Islam.

Do they stone them to death or hang them or what?

Thanks, buddy.

G

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2012, 03:48:34 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2012, 07:14:36 PM »
I don't get religion at all. I don't get any of it.

Perhaps your life is so full and meaningful of its own accord that you don't need desperate primitive fantasies to fill a giant sized whole were your brain is.   

Religion is for the desperate who are looking for a quick fix and don't want to invest the time trying to understand the natural world because, dammit, science be hard.
A

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2012, 09:07:33 PM »
Actually your perception is highly eurocentric/church centric. Islam encourages, science, thought, inquiry, thinking, rational, introspection, etc... It is in fact one thing that led me to Islam and it is what all others employ when coming to Islam. Alot of people who leave christianity for example leave it because it demands blind irrational faith in something that is irrational. Trinity for instance, God committing suicide for mankind's sins, God becoming human to 'understand us' even though He created us, that a single man has to be punished for what all of mankind did, does and will do (no accountability/responsibility and human sacrifice) The list goes on.

So many verses in the qur'an start with for those of thinking, for those that think, for those with understanding, for those that ponder, for those with wisdom, etc... Intellect and knowledge are a God given gift to humanity. It is what differentiates us from animals.

Furthermore sciences were developed and improved upon by Muslims alongside their faith in God. We have no problem in having faith in God, obeying God and employing ourselves in refining knowledge of the world. Europeans unfortunately do not give credit to the inventions, discoveries and sciences that have flourished in Europe thanks to Muslims.

In fact God encourages us to look within ourselves and around us literally observing the creation to know God.

‘We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that is the truth..." [41:53]

I know some atheists will say that the more they learn about science the more they disbelieve in God. For me on the other hand, the more I learn about how the world works, science, etc... the more I believe in God and indeed it led me to Islam.

‘‘Does not man see that We created him from a drop, yet there he is, an open antagonist! He makes likeness of us and forgets his own creation, saying "Who will give life to  bones when they are decayed?" Say "He Who made them in the first place will bring them back to life. He has total knowledge of each created thing. (36: 77-79)