Author Topic: New ObamaCare taxes about to hit everyone.  (Read 6551 times)

bears

• Getbig IV
Re: New ObamaCare taxes about to hit everyone.
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2014, 01:05:42 PM »
Lmfao typical libtard mentality, bush's fault!!!!

same old rebuttal when faced with facts.

its typical.  these people are more interested in being right than they are with knowing all of the facts.  they are only interested in facts that support their hatred of corporate America and the Republican party.  what's funny is that they make fun of religious people yet have the same blind faith in liberal politicians.   

they're easy prey for biased journalists who only report on what will stoke the fire of their loyal flock who don't read for information but read for ammunition.  any facts that do not serve as ammunition they simply do not care to know.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: January 05, 2014, 05:07:09 PM »
You do know that you are describing yourself right Bear?

Replace 'Coorporate America' with the average american and the 'Republican party' with the Dem party in your post and you will see.

How does that make you feel?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: January 06, 2014, 07:57:48 AM »
You do know that you are describing yourself right Bear?

Replace 'Coorporate America' with the average american and the 'Republican party' with the Dem party in your post and you will see.

How does that make you feel?

it makes me feel like I'm talking to a guy who gathers all of his knowledge of the US tax system from articles on the internet.  and then thinks he's armed with some sort of knowledge.  you are the guy who tax professionals make fun of when talking about "know nothing assholes" who think they know our job better than we do because they watch MSNBC.   good luck cheering on Obamacare.  i'm sure it will be an overwhelming success.  everyone seems to be pretty happy about it so far. ::)

i'm sure your opinion is based on nothing but facts  :)

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: January 06, 2014, 12:34:45 PM »
it makes me feel like I'm talking to a guy who gathers all of his knowledge of the US tax system from articles on the internet.  and then thinks he's armed with some sort of knowledge.  you are the guy who tax professionals make fun of when talking about "know nothing assholes" who think they know our job better than we do because they watch MSNBC.   good luck cheering on Obamacare.  i'm sure it will be an overwhelming success.  everyone seems to be pretty happy about it so far. ::)

I meant how does it make you feel that the angry feelings you project onto others is actually you with another agenda.

Are you surprised that you have such resentment toward yourself?

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #79 on: January 06, 2014, 01:11:24 PM »

Random interjection: I read an article about how people into "virtual currencies" like bitcoin are trying to figure out what to do vis-à-vis taxes and how it's more or less a "I'll treat it as X... whatever." Some "I won't bother reporting any of it" even. Is there some guidance from the IRS or some consensus from tax professionals on how that stuff is to be treated?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »
Random interjection: I read an article about how people into "virtual currencies" like bitcoin are trying to figure out what to do vis-à-vis taxes and how it's more or less a "I'll treat it as X... whatever." Some "I won't bother reporting any of it" even. Is there some guidance from the IRS or some consensus from tax professionals on how that stuff is to be treated?

actually its funny that you say that because on one of my last CPE seminars some dude touched upon it for a little bit in his speech and no one knew what the hell he was talking about.  it sounded like people are using "virtual" currency to buy "real" things.  now how do you report "virtual" currency as income?  The IRS is trying to stay ahead of this as it sounds like a way to hide income.  the part I don't get is that at some point the end user is going to want currency so how will he turn this "virtual" shit into money?

there is no consensus as of yet from my understanding.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2014, 03:57:19 PM »
it makes me feel like I'm talking to a guy who gathers all of his knowledge of the US tax system from articles on the internet.  and then thinks he's armed with some sort of knowledge.

you are the guy who tax professionals make fun of when talking about "know nothing assholes" who think they know our job better than we do because they watch MSNBC.

You guys actually have a hate group for: "know nothing assholes" who think they know our job better than we do because they watch MSNBC"
Im impressed.

Whats your obsession with MSNBC? You bring them up all the time. They have crap ratings.

good luck cheering on Obamacare.  i'm sure it will be an overwhelming success.  everyone seems to be pretty happy about it so far. ::)

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2014, 04:30:58 PM »
actually its funny that you say that because on one of my last CPE seminars some dude touched upon it for a little bit in his speech and no one knew what the hell he was talking about.  it sounded like people are using "virtual" currency to buy "real" things.  now how do you report "virtual" currency as income?  The IRS is trying to stay ahead of this as it sounds like a way to hide income.  the part I don't get is that at some point the end user is going to want currency so how will he turn this "virtual" shit into money?

there is no consensus as of yet from my understanding.

Interesting. It seems to be all the rage in technical circles. I find the concept of digital currencies promising (and interesting from a technical standpoint as a computer scientist) but, like you, am not sure how well those currencies will interface with the real world.

So far, it seems to me that I have to wire my dollars to former Soviet Republics to get back bitcoins. Not sure how comfortable I am with that.

Brave new world out there...

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2014, 05:28:57 PM »
at any given time, there's going to be some certain value on the bitcoins...so that's how you call it

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2014, 08:07:26 AM »
Interesting. It seems to be all the rage in technical circles. I find the concept of digital currencies promising (and interesting from a technical standpoint as a computer scientist) but, like you, am not sure how well those currencies will interface with the real world.

So far, it seems to me that I have to wire my dollars to former Soviet Republics to get back bitcoins. Not sure how comfortable I am with that.

Brave new world out there...

at some point the 90.22 forms for foreign bank accounts will have a section on there for "digital currency accounts" where all US taxpayers will have to list all of their virtual accounts and the average balances of those along with their foreign bank accounts.  what a mess.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2014, 10:58:56 AM »
at some point the 90.22 forms for foreign bank accounts will have a section on there for "digital currency accounts" where all US taxpayers will have to list all of their virtual accounts and the average balances of those along with their foreign bank accounts.  what a mess.

How ridiculous though, that we are at the point that Americans must, by government decree, give themselves the equivalent of a digital rectal exam and put the results on a form for the IRS to peruse.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2014, 12:14:10 PM »
How ridiculous though, that we are at the point that Americans must, by government decree, give themselves the equivalent of a digital rectal exam and put the results on a form for the IRS to peruse.

yup and the penalties are huge. 

if they find that you willfully left a foreign bank account off of the form, they can take the greater of $100,000 or 50% of the balance at the time of violation. 

and if you just accidentally forget to file it or file it late you can be penalized $10,000.  they don't fuck around anymore. 

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2014, 12:36:09 PM »
since the IRS is a public agency

can we have listing of all income and expense?

all salaries?

all names of all employees?

all contractors?

all vendors?

all payments made to anyone?

thankss

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2014, 12:39:40 PM »
since the IRS is a public agency

can we have listing of all income and expense?

all salaries?

all names of all employees?

all contractors?

all vendors?

all payments made to anyone?

thankss

What's up with all these fucking trolls that are plaguing the board recently?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2014, 12:41:39 PM »
What's up with all these fucking trolls that are plaguing the board recently?

The usual suspects.  The names change, but it's the same group of knuckleheads.