Author Topic: God’s Wake Up Call - A Personal Story  (Read 31076 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
God’s Wake Up Call - A Personal Story
« on: August 07, 2018, 09:13:54 PM »
The haters will flame and say “me me me” ....But If the message helps, even for the ones that hate me, then so be it.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: God’s Wake Up Call - A Personal Story
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 09:21:19 PM »
You had a mini stroke or TIA. Why you didn't call an ambulance or go to the ER for clot buster drug is beyond me Joe!  You should have further tests like having your carotid arteries checked and a full heart work up.

I am shocked your Dr didn't refer you to a cardiologist for further testing.

https://www.mdedge.com/jfponline/article/65603/cardiology/which-imaging-modality-best-suspected-stroke

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 09:53:25 PM »
  Post says invalid YouTube link.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 10:00:58 PM »
  Post says invalid YouTube link.

I posted it above you.

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 10:32:30 PM »
Glad you're OK, Joe.

I had my own "stroke of luck" out of the blue in 2012 at age 47, due to a spontaneous carotid artery dissection.  Ironically, it probably saved my life too.  It knocked me out of commission for a couple of months but today I'm 100% perfectly fine--thank God!  And I do mean thank God.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 10:49:26 PM »
I have had two:

• 1) I was held at gunpoint and restrained with handcuffs for an hour during a robbery/burglary of a Curtis Mathis TV store in Houston...It was a snubnose 38 detective special with defective bluing about the end of the barrel.
  • 2) I walked around with a bad appendix until I couldn't stand it any longer...Went to the emergency room at St Joseph's in Downtown Houston.  It was close...I spent 10 days in the hospital with an antibiotic drip.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 11:05:34 PM »
It's been nice knowing you, Coach. God bless.

#invalid

Sorry to see you go 😂😂😂

#fuckfathertime

Kawanake

• Getbig II
  • Alex23.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 11:34:19 PM »
Sorry to see you go 😂😂😂

#fuckfathertime

Shit Joe, glad you're ok... we've lost too many Getbigger over the last 12 years, Onlyme, that weird Iranian dude (ToxicAvenger?), Reeves, Derek Anthony, gh15 (Nasser)... just to name a few, many more surely died in oversea black ops missions and/or in underground MMA tournaments.

Don't crap on us chief!   ;D

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 11:42:41 PM »
Coach honestly, this is a little hard to watch. When are you going to get off the juice and end your meathead diet?

10pints

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 12:07:43 AM »
Keep juicing and eating 8 eggs for breakfast. Oh, and don't forget to make you tube videos whilst driving. These are all great markers for longevity.

Ted SuperSet

• Getbig IV
  • America first!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 01:04:28 AM »
Keep juicing and eating 8 eggs for breakfast. Oh, and don't forget to make you tube videos whilst driving. These are all great markers for longevity.

Truth

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 01:09:32 AM »
steroids and being overweight in your 50+'s is not a good combo..

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 01:16:37 AM »
Glad you are OK Joe...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 01:52:24 AM »
Coach honestly, this is a little hard to watch. When are you going to get off the juice and end your meathead diet?

My meathead diet?

*sigh* everyone’s an expert 🤦‍♂️

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 02:12:24 AM »
I was in a meeting 6 months ago. My director was leading it when all of a sudden he started pointing at his mouth. We realized he couldn't talk. He had a stroke. 6 months later, he has had 2 more, and is likely retiring. Most of us take our health for granted, until it is gone. Good luck coach, I hope things go your way.

Mitch

• Getbig V
  • Team Succulent Ham of Peace
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 02:21:21 AM »
thanks Obama  ::)

spiro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 02:32:10 AM »
Coach you think it's steroid related?

luckyone

• Getbig II
  • 64 years young
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 03:24:54 AM »
Thanks for sharing Bro, I can relate as I went to donate blood and found that my Blood Pressure, usually in the high normal range had jumped to Hypertension II level. If I hadn't gone to give blood I never would have known. I have since seen a Doctor, changed my diet, increased my cardio and am on Blood Pressure meds. I felt totally fine and had no symptoms at all. Like you I think it was God's Wake Up Call to me. Hope you other brothers learn a lesson from our ignorance of our own health. Thanks again for sharing your story.

your brother in Christ,

Lucky

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 03:29:54 AM »
Glad your ok.

This was God's punishment for throwing out all those egg yolks over the years.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 05:16:48 AM »
Wow, thanks for the video.  High resting blood pressure spikes to insane levels during lifting.  Glad you didn't have a full out stroke. Hope the blood pressure meds and blood thinners take care of things. Get off steroids. Get healthy thin. Cardio 5 to 6 days a week. Walking fast should be the first choice. I have been told by a family member in the medical profession that they won't administer life saving emergency stroke blood thinners in the emergency room if the stroke happened over an hour ago. I'm not sure of the medical reason for that but the moral is next time immediately get to an emergency room. You don't know if it will advance to death next time.

I have hereditary high cholesterol. I remember being in incredible shape during a work physical 20 years ago and a nurse was looking over my blood work. She was an obese slob and she was telling me I should get a little exercise for my high cholesterol. My personal doctor told me it was hereditary and my liver was responsible for it.

I have changed my training somewhat with the thought of health as a goal. Thinning out as I am typing this. I'd rather lose some muscle and be thin than be dead. In the end the heart muscle is the most important muscle. Guys who lift don't care about it because they can't show it off. 

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 05:20:39 AM »
glad you are OK. .....sometimes we need a wake up call to make some life style changes....
F

Dieter

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 05:33:59 AM »
Wow that's a scary situation, a mini stroke at 55. Time for us older guys to get real with our health. Glad you're gonna make some changes

#Ifearforyourhealth

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 06:09:52 AM »
Coach you think it's steroid related?

Not at all but for the record, I don’t think 200mg of Test per week would do it. Within the last few months I’ve dropped 26lbs. Weighed in at the Dr’s at 208. Bottom line is, I should have been on my meds and let my BP go unchecked because I was feeling good. Big mistake

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 06:55:23 AM »
Testosterone replacement has been shown to change the viscosity of blood that led to a statistical increase in stroke and heart attacks. https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fda-warns-blood-clot-risk-testosterone-products-201406247240

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 06:58:30 AM »
Sounds like you need to come to grips with how taking steroids and carrying more weight than your height warrants is going to negatively effect your health after awhile. Time to drop the self expert routine and change some things. You claim this is a wake up call, well do more than just take medication, take some responsibility and change your life style.