Author Topic: To guys with sense of fashion...  (Read 4366 times)

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
To guys with sense of fashion...
« on: April 09, 2010, 03:21:14 PM »
What color tie to wear with black dress pants and black dress shirt ? i know i know i would never wear black shirt with black pants when wearing a tie, but for those of you who know, i used to be head of security at one of the hottest clubs in town, took some time off now im back at it with a better club, and they want black pants and black shirt.

i have a whole collection of ties, basically every color, not sure if i should go with a light solid color, or patterns?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
Re: To guys with sense of fashion...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 03:26:22 PM »
A white tie could work if it is a formal setting.  Maybe red too.

As in "or maybe a red tie, too."  Red + white candycane tie is probably not a great idea :D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 03:27:08 PM »
Silver

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 03:28:29 PM »
A white tie could work if it is a formal setting.  Maybe red too.
not a formal setting, just being the doorman at the club and running shit in the club too...something to look sharp

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 03:29:00 PM »
Match your belt and tie (shoes optional)  :D.

haha I clicked "reply" to  say that and you just beat me  to it.

Was going to say with black shirt  and black tie to match the tie with the belt and shoes which is easiest to do with white.

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »
What color tie to wear with black dress pants and black dress shirt ? i know i know i would never wear black shirt with black pants when wearing a tie, but for those of you who know, i used to be head of security at one of the hottest clubs in town, took some time off now im back at it with a better club, and they want black pants and black shirt.

i have a whole collection of ties, basically every color, not sure if i should go with a light solid color, or patterns?

Red or silver,  I usually wear silver with a pattern or designs on it with that..

newmom

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »
I was gonna say silver or light grey

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »
Match your belt and tie (shoes optional)  :D.

all black ??? black tie black shirt black pant black belt ???   nah man

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 03:33:40 PM »
Is the tie mandatory? Doormen can get away without it. Get a black "ribbed shirt" if not. Been told that accentuates the physique.

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 03:34:25 PM »
here are some , should i go solid or pattern? i was thinking the yellow one would look sharp too.

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 03:36:26 PM »
Is the tie mandatory? Doormen can get away without it. Get a black "ribbed shirt" if not. Been told that accentuates the physique.
nah its not about it being mandatory or not , i wear suit and tie  every day for my regular job , i actually like wearing the tie. chicks love it too to be quite honest.

and whats a ribbed shirt? never heard of it

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2010, 03:36:39 PM »
I vote for the red or silver.

Alexander D

• Getbig IV
  • Johnny Falcon for President
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 03:40:43 PM »
I wouldnt wear yellow with all black unless u wanna look like a bumble bee, dogg...

I'd go with silver, or no tie!

-A DUB

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2010, 03:43:54 PM »
If tie is not mandatory then wear a shirt from here www.hotbodz.com

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »
ok it seems silver has the most vote. Solid silver or pattern? the 2nd, thrid, or 5th from the left??

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 03:47:52 PM »
nah its not about it being mandatory or not , i wear suit and tie  every day for my regular job , i actually like wearing the tie. chicks love it too to be quite honest.

and whats a ribbed shirt? never heard of it
it's got vertical ribs like a "wife beater" but cut like a t-shirt and better quality. Acceptable in casual dress situations.

I dig on ties too but not everyday

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 03:51:48 PM »
The light blue one with square pattern on it is the one you should wear.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 03:51:56 PM »
all black ??? black tie black shirt black pant black belt ???   nah man

oops i meant to  say "white tie, white belt, white shoes, black pants, black shirt" thats what Xerxes meant too I think

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 03:55:26 PM »

You must be a first timer, no sane doorman wears a tie, and if you do you wear a clip on so you don't get choked from behind with it..

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 04:13:28 PM »
You must be a first timer, no sane doorman wears a tie, and if you do you wear a clip on so you don't get choked from behind with it..

been bouncing for 7 years ... not a first timer. probably been in the middle of 2500+ fights during those years, and noone choked me out by my tie. Dont get me wrong, there were probably 50-100 fights that i just had a bad feeling and peeled my tie off before running into the fight, not to sound like a jerk but im smart like that... plus, being the #2 wrestler in the country helps too

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 04:19:54 PM »
been bouncing for 7 years ... not a first timer. probably been in the middle of 2500+ fights during those years, and noone choked me out by my tie. Dont get me wrong, there were probably 50-100 fights that i just had a bad feeling and peeled my tie off before running into the fight, not to sound like a jerk but im smart like that... plus, being the #2 wrestler in the country helps too

How many nights a year did you work, and how many fights per night?  Because 2500 fights in 7 years is one fight per night lol, and I'm sure you didn't work 365 days a year, considering most bouncers only work weekends and one or two weeknights, then there's vacation time too I woudl presume....were you averaging 2 fights a night at work?  :o

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »
oops i meant to  say "white tie, white belt, white shoes, black pants, black shirt" thats what Xerxes meant too I think

maybe if it was 1985...or he was a magician

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 04:24:13 PM »

Personally I dont think he should wear a black shirt with black pants with a tie and no blazer, but if there's no changing that and he insists he must wear a tie with too, then I think the white belt/tie/shoes would be the way to go.

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 04:25:57 PM »
How many nights a year did you work, and how many fights per night?  Because 2500 fights in 7 years is one fight per night lol, and I'm sure you didn't work 365 days a year, considering most bouncers only work weekends and one or two weeknights, then there's vacation time too I woudl presume....were you averaging 2 fights a night at work?  :o
7 years, but fuck it lets reduce it by a whole year to lowball stuff

6 yrs X 50 weeks ( again reducing 2 weeks a year on top of the whole year) x 3 nights/week x 4 (very low average , more like 6-7 fights a night)= 3600 lets say i missed some fights, so 3000 , but thats rare cuz we were all in constant communication and i knew every fight that happened..

the place was huge, 3 seperate rooms, different crowd mixes, specially after the club ended you had all 3 clubs getting out together, and mixing in the street. seriously a slow night was 4 fights.

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 04:26:43 PM »
yeah exactly lol , i was like do people really wear white shoes with black dress pants ???