Author Topic: BIG ACH, how's the subway diet going?  (Read 2683 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
BIG ACH, how's the subway diet going?
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:00:24 AM »
You promised us updates then dissapeared?  Are you the next Jared yet?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: BIG ACH, how's the subway diet going?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:02:09 AM »
I'd like to know as well....always wanted to know if that whold Jared thing was bullshit

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:03:12 AM »
I'd like to know as well....always wanted to know if that whold Jared thing was bullshit

That Jared thing was a marketing campaign from the start.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:12:02 AM »
That Jared thing was a marketing campaign from the start.

it was genius though...ya gotta admit

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 11:55:00 AM »

I didn't disappear, updated my post.... I lost 10 lbs... 

And then I stopped dieting last week - Will start up again soon though....  Just got sloppy, and have some shit going on with work and stuff!  I will post pictures when I start up again!

I actually just downed two whoppers..... watched some Mike O'Hearn videos and now feel like a fat ass... so back to the drawing board!

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 12:05:19 PM »
I didn't disappear, updated my post.... I lost 10 lbs... 

And then I stopped dieting last week - Will start up again soon though....  Just got sloppy, and have some shit going on with work and stuff!  I will post pictures when I start up again!

I actually just downed two whoppers..... watched some Mike O'Hearn videos and now feel like a fat ass... so back to the drawing board!

sounds like the typical excuse used by fatass

;D

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 12:10:22 PM »
sounds like the typical excuse used by fatass

;D

Hey man... at least I'm an honest fatass - I could've come on here and boasted how the diet was going great and you'd be none the wiser  ;D

In other good news, I was awarded as the best PhD Research Assistant of the year in the Industrial Engineering department and now nominated and in the running for the the best one in the entire College of Engineering.  So that cleared my conscious some when I downed a big ass pizza during the Super Bowl :D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 12:12:01 PM »
Hey man... at least I'm an honest fatass - I could've come on here and boasted how the diet was going great and you'd be none the wiser  ;D

In other good news, I was awarded as the best PhD Research Assistant of the year in the Industrial Engineering department and now nominated and in the running for the the best one in the entire College of Engineering.  So that cleared my conscious some when I downed a big ass pizza during the Super Bowl :D

Congrats Ach! 8)

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 12:15:11 PM »

I'm just trolling on you

;D

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 12:15:43 PM »
big ach hasnt got it anymore

:D

subway diet?as in, subway sandwiches diet?

seriously?

ach how lean do you wanna become?i guess nothing close to contest, jsut losing some weight?

10lbs isnt bad by now, and ok youve slipped, no big deal, carry on.

you have a great structure, but terrible face, dont give up ;D

No I don't want to get in contest shape.... not right now at least.... but I do want to compete in the future (just no way I can do it right now while I'm working on my PhD.)

I don't really have a set number....  I just want to look better, healthier, not have such outrageous love handles, etc!!  I think that makes it a bit harder when I don't have such a clear goal.

I'll never be the club hopping sex machine you are Galeniko.... but its ok I'm married - I can live with that!  ;D

Congrats Ach! 8)

Thanks brother!  :D

I'm just trolling on you

;D

lol Rightfully so!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 12:19:18 PM »
Big Ach dropping the big PHD creds on us. Is that at the University of Maryland?  Good stuff bro.  Pakistan's finest right there.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 12:22:34 PM »
Big Ach dropping the big PHD creds on us. Is that at the University of Maryland?  Good stuff bro.  Pakistan's finest right there.

University of Central Florida... lol wasn't trying to drop the creds - I Realize I sound like a douche now, wanted to just explain that as I ate my pizza during the super bowl, I was kinda celebrating this achievement.  ;D

My wife couldn't have been more right, she says to me, "You're like a really fat little kid trying to be a bodybuilder" - any excuse to eat bad food!

I'll get back on track eventually.... not gonna be today... probably not gonna be this week, but I'll keep you updated!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 12:30:57 PM »
University of Central Florida... lol wasn't trying to drop the creds - I Realize I sound like a douche now, wanted to just explain that as I ate my pizza during the super bowl, I was kinda celebrating this achievement.  ;D

My wife couldn't have been more right, she says to me, "You're like a really fat little kid trying to be a bodybuilder" - any excuse to eat bad food!

I'll get back on track eventually.... not gonna be today... probably not gonna be this week, but I'll keep you updated!

I think without a show or a goal, it will be hard to maintain a steady diet.  Doing it just for fun makes it easy to say fuck it, I'll have a pizza and two whoppers today, but with a solid goal in place it makes you more disciplined. 

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 12:31:40 PM »
WHen you are done, you better post your doctoral thesis for us to read.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 12:34:59 PM »

Man that's awesome must feel good how did you manage that what are the criterias etc

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 12:36:43 PM »
Man that's awesome must feel good how did you manage that what are the criterias etc

He was the only one in the category.  remember this is central florida, most people there are gator hunters.

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 12:40:26 PM »
Watch out for this Big Ach fella, before he puts you into a camel clutch suplex.
#

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 12:43:21 PM »
WHen you are done, you better post your doctoral thesis for us to read.

Oh like you're really going to read that snoozefest :)

Here is a picture of my opening slide at my candidacy presentation last fall!

Thanks!  I dunno what the exact criteria is, the whole thing came as a surprise for me, but basically various professors in the department nominate students who they have worked with based on their research, contributions to the program, etc....  Then its first decided for each individual department (which I ended up getting), then submitted to the entire college (which I'm still waiting for).  

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 12:55:45 PM »
your lack of will power sickens me  ::)

as punishment we are sending over Thombs to take bathroom pictures with you... and we all know how those turn out
I

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 01:01:12 PM »
Don't worry Big....er....Enormous Ach, some of us still have faith!

And congrats on the award.
Y

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 01:02:58 PM »
Just curious but what does a program like that cost?

Oh like you're really going to read that snoozefest :)

Here is a picture of my opening slide at my candidacy presentation last fall!

Thanks!  I dunno what the exact criteria is, the whole thing came as a surprise for me, but basically various professors in the department nominate students who they have worked with based on their research, contributions to the program, etc....  Then its first decided for each individual department (which I ended up getting), then submitted to the entire college (which I'm still waiting for).  

leadhead

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 01:11:53 PM »
Congrats Big Ach. UCF has a decent engineering school so be proud of it. It's the premiere engineering school south of UF anyway ;D

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 01:26:14 PM »
Just curious but what does a program like that cost?

Well I'm working as a research assistant/teaching assistant on campus, so my tuition is waived and I don't pay anything but in general its about $10,000 per semester for out of state students, $2500 per semester if you're in state and its about 8-12 semesters

Akeelsolid

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 01:50:15 PM »

Way to go! Your achievment (Phd research) is just a testament, to all your dedicated hardwork. 
Ach- don't worry too much about dieting, there was an analogy that my Auntie always told me about life regarding plants; (the plants being your goals), however, some get more water than the others. the trick is being able to have enough water for all your plants (to finally find balance in life).. I know sounds corny, but don't lose your smile, and keep taking care of whats important-You've done it once you can do it twice.

-PM me a link to your dissertation, I would love to read it when I have time- and again thanks for all the advice.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 05:15:32 PM »
Duuude, the PhD is more impressive than posing in a thong, lol I guess it's so hard mentally that one doesn't really have the willpower to stick to a diet. It's not like you never been in shape.

I'd love to go for a masters degree in a USA university. But I don't have the money so I would have to win a scholarship or something which is obviously not an easy task. I wouldn't do a masters d in my country, we're decades late with technology plain and simple.

Just a nerd's dream :)