Author Topic: GetBig Guitar Players...  (Read 11821 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: GetBig Guitar Players...
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2012, 03:37:40 PM »

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2012, 03:39:45 PM »
Lol I dont get this  ;D I've posted some vids here before, so I thought he might have seen some sweeps. Care to elaborate?

Correctamundo!

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2013, 02:42:02 PM »
Practicing some sweeps

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »
you need to add some vocals yngwie, give you music some personality

ps sounds like you can play your ass off bro nice
A

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2013, 03:00:59 PM »
you need to add some vocals yngwie, give you music some personality

ps sounds like you can play your ass off bro nice
Yearh I make music with vocals in a completely different genre, I just love shred guitar, even thoug I'm not that good  ;D

Kolchak

• Getbig II
« Reply #80 on: February 12, 2013, 11:33:13 AM »
The key to playing fast is watching your breathing to ensure you're not holding your breath, and playing as relaxed as possible, especially when playing long passages. 

I have this problem - when I'm playing fast I find myself holding my breath and tensing up my picking arm and shoulder.  If you watch Yngwie, for instance, playing a fast passage he looks so relaxed and makes it look effortless.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2013, 01:37:57 PM »
Saw this and had to post it....pretty awesome stuff!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: February 13, 2013, 01:55:00 PM »
on guitars it seems as though the strings are too close together making it impossible to change notes percisely how do you guys acheive the skills to do it right?
A

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: February 13, 2013, 02:10:18 PM »
on guitars it seems as though the strings are too close together making it impossible to change notes percisely how do you guys acheive the skills to do it right?

Thats why I play Bass... (Well, I play guitar also) but Bass is my main thing...

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #84 on: February 13, 2013, 02:46:05 PM »
Practice, have you ever played?

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #85 on: February 13, 2013, 03:06:45 PM »
Saw this and had to post it....pretty awesome stuff!

Awesome  8)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #86 on: February 13, 2013, 03:16:39 PM »
Practicing some sweeps

Nice man, keep it up!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: February 13, 2013, 03:18:42 PM »
Practice, have you ever played?

i have tried many times to play the guitar or just synchronizing my left and right hand, there must be somethng im missing

kinda related, i took typing in the 10th grade and can type super fast without looking but on guitar it seems little room for error if your finger is a 16th of an inch off do they make guitars with wider gaps between strings?
A

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: February 13, 2013, 03:32:35 PM »
i have tried many times to play the guitar or just synchronizing my left and right hand, there must be somethng im missing

kinda related, i took typing in the 10th grade and can type super fast without looking but on guitar it seems little room for error if your finger is a 16th of an inch off do they make guitars with wider gaps between strings?
I never had much problems with my left hand, for most players the magick starts when you get the right hand in sync with the left. I bet that like 50 hours of practice with a teacher would make you really good  :) You seeem like you have that "neerdy approach" to things, thats needed for stuff like this

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #89 on: February 13, 2013, 03:38:03 PM »
I never practiced as a kid, was just fairly talented, so the stuff I couldn't play I just thougt was out of my skill-league, but at 34 I had some time on my hands and got a good coach and tried practicing with a metronome, and suddenly I reached new ground  :) If you invite me, it would be fun to see how far you could go in a week or to ;D I'll bring my own meat

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2013, 03:40:29 PM »
Nice man, keep it up!

Thanks man :) I'm recording a shred song at the moment, the sweeps is part of the chorus.
Mathias Eklund has these camps were guitarist stays in a cabin in the woods for a week and just practice and help each other out, would be fun to do that at Falcons place  8)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2013, 03:48:27 PM »
I never had much problems with my left hand, for most players the magick starts when you get the right hand in sync with the left. I bet that like 50 hours of practice with a teacher would make you really good  :) You seeem like you have that "neerdy approach" to things, thats needed for stuff like this

yeah theres no way ive done 50 hours yet ive probably messed with a guitar for no mor than 3 hours of total time, but its something i love but just on the back burner at the moment, i knew from the start i needed to synch my hands and that was the goal, no where near close just need to practice more , i was gonna do it the right way and learn the notes but i was like fuck that just gonna make up my own notes, if that ever worked out for me that would be something i suppose :)
A

Christian B

• Getbig II
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2013, 03:54:12 PM »
yeah theres no way ive done 50 hours yet ive probably messed with a guitar for no mor than 3 hours of total time, but its something i love but just on the back burner at the moment, i knew from the start i needed to synch my hands and that was the goal, no where near close just need to practice more , i was gonna do it the right way and learn the notes but i was like fuck that just gonna make up my own notes, if that ever worked out for me that would be something i suppose :)
Three hours ;D Seriously, just messing around with a guitar on your own won't get you anywhere! An hour a month with a good teacher would make sure you practiced the right way :)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2013, 05:14:28 PM »
Three hours ;D Seriously, just messing around with a guitar on your own won't get you anywhere! An hour a month with a good teacher would make sure you practiced the right way :)

thanks man i should play guitar for an hour on sundays, any youtube videos that would be a good teacher for me or websites bro thanks!
A