Author Topic: Dieting Advice  (Read 862 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
Dieting Advice
« on: January 29, 2007, 02:53:11 PM »
Okay guys I'm in need of some input here. I'm trying to diet down and save as much muscle as I can but do it right. I've slowly cut my total cals down via carbs and slowly lost 3lbs in 2 weeks. I know that's not rapid but I didnt want to lose massive amounts of weight and it be all this years hard work. I'm 5'11"@228 right now. If I keep on hte path I'm going and slowly burn off the fat. IF most of it is fat, will I notice a difference if I only drop 8lbs?  ??? What is the typical ratio of muscle:fat during weight loss? My protien intake is around 250 grams a day to help out as best it can.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Dieting Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 07:10:46 PM »
Okay guys I'm in need of some input here. I'm trying to diet down and save as much muscle as I can but do it right. I've slowly cut my total cals down via carbs and slowly lost 3lbs in 2 weeks. I know that's not rapid but I didnt want to lose massive amounts of weight and it be all this years hard work. I'm 5'11"@228 right now. If I keep on hte path I'm going and slowly burn off the fat. IF most of it is fat, will I notice a difference if I only drop 8lbs?  ??? What is the typical ratio of muscle:fat during weight loss? My protien intake is around 250 grams a day to help out as best it can.

There's a lot of variables.  Guys can generally get to 12-15% without much muscle loss.  Beyond that, it becomes more difficult.  Some people can lose 1 lb of muscle for every 3 lbs of fat, but those are the guys that gain at about the same rate.
: