Author Topic: thinking of switching things up completely  (Read 943 times)

wrestle@145

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
thinking of switching things up completely
« on: March 20, 2007, 12:48:45 AM »
stats may or may not help but...5'10 165-170 lbs sqt 305 3-4 bch 225 3-4 mil press 135 6-7...anyways..i've been doing a sorta powerlifting style routine and ive seen pretty decent strength gains..im pretty happy with all my lifts right now..but i am starting to get sorta blocky/bulky. and i am startin to look for a leaner look now that its comin up on summer. been playin with the idea of switching to a calisthenic and body weight oriented routine...just lookin for some good exercises mainly variations...also specifically ones for shoulders...dont need advice on putting it all together just needin some ingredients. much appreciated.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: thinking of switching things up completely
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 12:52:54 AM »
stats may or may not help but...5'10 165-170 lbs sqt 305 3-4 bch 225 3-4 mil press 135 6-7...anyways..i've been doing a sorta powerlifting style routine and ive seen pretty decent strength gains..im pretty happy with all my lifts right now..but i am starting to get sorta blocky/bulky. and i am startin to look for a leaner look now that its comin up on summer. been playin with the idea of switching to a calisthenic and body weight oriented routine...just lookin for some good exercises mainly variations...also specifically ones for shoulders...dont need advice on putting it all together just needin some ingredients. much appreciated.

I wouldn't do that if I were you. Stick with the weights...just up the reps and lower the weight..maybe add some cardio. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn just sitting there.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
Re: thinking of switching things up completely
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 01:14:38 AM »

I wouldn't do that if I were you. Stick with the weights...just up the reps and lower the weight..maybe add some cardio. The more muscle you have the more calories you burn just sitting there.

Completely agree.  Up the cardio, you'd be suprised at how much of the blockiness will dissapear if you're leaner.  INcreasing the number of reps and decreasing weights should decrease the blockiness, especially in the waist area.
It hasn't helped...