Author Topic: Jason Grimsley caught with HGH by the feds.  (Read 14262 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Jason Grimsley caught with HGH by the feds.
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 08:19:42 AM »
Maybe he is clean. he also got rid of that intestinal parasite and has put his juicing problems behind him.

I actually like Giambi, I think he's a good guy but there's no way he's clean. Without steroids he'd be what his brother was and in fact for half a season he was his brother.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 08:28:26 AM »
Its is very arguable if HGH has ANY performance enhancing benefits to athletes.  This guy is 38 yrs old playing major league ball with the best in the world.  Your GH levels start falling after 30.  The HGH is probably helping his recovery and allowing him to have a better chance of playing in his later years!  As long as a doctor is regulating the HGH, there should be no issue here.  GH in reasonable amounts is very safe.

Don't we want to see athletes play longer and healthier????  This is ridiculous.  This is an important argument that needs to be brought to public attention.

Can't you get HGH through your Doctor as hormone replacement therapy legally? I think getting it Fedex'ed to your house without a prescription is a different story.
The House that Ruth built

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 09:27:44 AM »
Yes, your right.  But major league baseball probably prohibits GH from being used in any fashion.  The stigma of GH needs to be dealt with and people need some education before getting all up in arms.  All that he should be charged with is possession of a substance without a Rx.  GH is completely different than steroids, but the public and the ignorant media likely does not know this.
Fact is with older athletes, they have falling GH levels and do not recooperate from exercise and injury as well.  Replacing their levels back to what they were when they were 20 may help a lot of older athletes continue playing.

RHINO290

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 09:31:31 AM »
Yes, your right.  But major league baseball probably prohibits GH from being used in any fashion.  The stigma of GH needs to be dealt with and people need some education before getting all up in arms.  All that he should be charged with is possession of a substance without a Rx.  GH is completely different than steroids, but the public and the ignorant media likely does not know this.
Fact is with older athletes, they have falling GH levels and do not recooperate from exercise and injury as well.  Replacing their levels back to what they were when they were 20 may help a lot of older athletes continue playing.

Yeah, like me.......old

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 09:39:58 AM »
Yeah, like me.......old

You're like a fine wine or an aged balsamic vinegar.

You're just getting better.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2006, 10:09:16 AM »
Anybody care to speculate what MLB players or former players are on his list?

LOL...yeah, about 80% of the league. They were using "suppliments" when I was playing. It ain't no secret!!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2006, 10:31:08 AM »
Explain to me how a batting coach helps a seasoned veteran who couldn't catch up to an 89 MPH fastball for half a season all of a sudden start bashing the ball?

He's clearly back on something and I'd bet real money it's HGH. And what's up with him sweating like a pig? The dude has a serious issue with his sweat glands. I wonder what could cause that. 

Jason had a tumor in 2004 that interfered with him being able to play...lots of nasyy symptoms including blurred vision.

It took him a while to get his swing back.

Mattingly said that Giambi was overswinging which actually decreases bat speed.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2006, 10:32:35 AM »

Jason had a tumor in 2004 that interfered with him being able to play...lots of nasyy symptoms including blurred vision.

It took him a while to get his swing back.

Mattingly said that Giambi was over swinging which actually decreases bat speed.

::)

You realize there's no Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy don't you?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2006, 10:34:22 AM »

::)

You realize there's no Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or Tooth Fairy don't you?

Im not denying that he took stuff...he admitted last year!!!!  get with the times.

GH doesnt give a guy a .500  on-base percentage!

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2006, 10:51:04 AM »
Giambi is a good player and a good person - he admitted to using and cleaned up - he actually fessed up like a man and the fans respected that.

He was a bit shaky for a time but he has his rhythm back. Give the guy some credit

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2006, 10:51:59 AM »
Giambi is a good player and a good person - he admitted to using and cleaned up - he actually fessed up like a man and the fans respected that.

He was a bit shaky for a time but he has his rhythm back. Give the guy some credit
Yeah it took about three years or so to get his body back to working form.... Go Yankees!!
L

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2006, 11:00:02 AM »
Come to grips with reality.

Without drugs Jason Giambi is the same level of baseball player his brother is, with the drugs he's a whole different player.

The first half of last year you got to see what he can do without the drugs and no one liked it.

He's back on, deal with it.

I even like the guy, he's nothing like that jackass Bonds.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2006, 01:55:51 PM »
\

Reading this it seems to me we have a real dilemma here. If this GH stuff is a useful drug, without side negative effects and can enhance your being and has anti-aging properties it should be in a different classification than steroids. I think if this is the case that GH does have a definate stigma attached to it that may be hard to shake.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2006, 02:12:51 PM »
Illegal immigration is a huge issue. Soon New Mexico, southern California and Texas are going to be a majority Mexican. These people will then vote. They will elect their own leaders. They will enact laws effecting all including non-Mexicans. Many Mexican Americans real allegience is to Mexico and not the USA.

you know, they use to say the same about the Irish and Italians.

There are many Mexican-American organizations who's stated goal is to reclaim the southwest for Mexico.

that is right wing propaganda.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2006, 02:47:50 PM »
you know, they use to say the same about the Irish and Italians.

that is right wing propaganda.

No they didn't say that about the Irish and the Italians. We never took land from the Irish and Italians. They came from thousands of mile across an ocean like any other European immigrant. Use your brain. These lands were once Mexican territories that we took. And it isn't right wing propoganda. Its actually happening faggerty.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2006, 03:03:18 PM »
No they didn't say that about the Irish and the Italians. We never took land from the Irish and Italians.

yes, the people of English descent already living in New York, Boston, and other places, complained greatly about the Irish and Italian immigrants, worrying about such people becoming a majority (could you imagine a Boston dominated by the Irish?), that such people would have more allegiance to the pope, etc., etc.

And it isn't right wing propoganda.

yes it is.  there are no major or legitimate Mexican-American organizations who's stated goal is to reclaim the southwest for Mexico.

faggerty.

wow, I haven't been called that since 9th grade.

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2006, 03:22:32 PM »
is it just me or does all this baseball stuff seem like non-sense? I mean come on, doesn't the senate and house have more important things to convene on and discuss than baseball and steriods? We are at war, we have serious economic issues, gas prices, global warming, and Brad and angelina just had their baby......WTF?

They should legalize steriods, make those of us who wish to use them, go to doctors, then at least we know it will be admintered in a safer more stable fashion, the gov. could tax it, pharm companies could sell more and bill insurance companies more... I mean, tell me the downside???????

Just venting...

Apparently, Congress has solved every other problem in the country, including violence in cartoons.  So what else is left??

Who cares about the crack epidemic spreading across America, Steroids are worse. I mean I'd much rather see a 9 year old smoking crack and shooting heroin, than see him cheating in sports.

El Guapo

• Getbig III
  • Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2006, 03:53:04 PM »
Come to grips with reality.

Without drugs Jason Giambi is the same level of baseball player his brother is, with the drugs he's a whole different player.

The first half of last year you got to see what he can do without the drugs and no one liked it.

He's back on, deal with it.

I even like the guy, he's nothing like that jackass Bonds.

If you remember for a good portion of last season when he was struggling he looked like he had gained quite a bit of weight. He looks a lot trimmer and healthier this season. Maybe the growth helped him with his fat loss, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Wasn't the tumor in his pituitary gland last year? It would be dumb for him to temp fate again( if thats what is was of course).

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2006, 04:38:12 PM »
Its is very arguable if HGH has ANY performance enhancing benefits to athletes.  This guy is 38 yrs old playing major league ball with the best in the world.  Your GH levels start falling after 30.  The HGH is probably helping his recovery and allowing him to have a better chance of playing in his later years!  As long as a doctor is regulating the HGH, there should be no issue here.  GH in reasonable amounts is very safe.

Don't we want to see athletes play longer and healthier????  This is ridiculous.  This is an important argument that needs to be brought to public attention.

Excellent post.

The general public and media know little to nothing about HGH, so that's why this is even a story at all.  The media guys are so funny because of just how clueless they are about HGH, its uses, and its benefits. 

I'm one of those idiots who calls in to the sports shows about 3-4 times a year and it looks like this will be one of those times. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2006, 04:42:04 PM »

It doesn't matter if it's safe or not, it's on the list of banned substances in the MLB!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2006, 04:45:58 PM »

If you remember for a good portion of last season when he was struggling he looked like he had gained quite a bit of weight. He looks a lot trimmer and healthier this season. Maybe the growth helped him with his fat loss, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Wasn't the tumor in his pituitary gland last year? It would be dumb for him to temp fate again( if thats what is was of course).

He lost weight last year, he came into the season very lean.

hifrommike

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2006, 04:52:46 PM »
Nobody on this site knows whether Jason is juiced or not.  Juice is a short cut, & if Jason is doing everything else right, he wouldn't necessarily need it to compete at top levels.  For decades, baseball players did quite well without it.  & Jason didn't get all his strength & stamina from a bottle, nor did Barry or Mark or Sammy. 

As for Grimsley, his baseball career is over.  & he's stopped talking to the feds.  So far no elite athlete in the general sports arena has gone to jail for anabolic use.  If Grimsley had been a competitive bodybuilder, he'd already be behind bars. 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2006, 05:00:37 PM »
Nobody on this site knows whether Jason is juiced or not.  Juice is a short cut, & if Jason is doing everything else right, he wouldn't necessarily need it to compete at top levels.  For decades, baseball players did quite well without it.  & Jason didn't get all his strength & stamina from a bottle, nor did Barry or Mark or Sammy. 

As for Grimsley, his baseball career is over.  & he's stopped talking to the feds.  So far no elite athlete in the general sports arena has gone to jail for anabolic use.  If Grimsley had been a competitive bodybuilder, he'd already be behind bars. 

Terrible example with Bonds, he was never a homerun hitter in his career until he started juicing. He sold his ability to run and field to hit homeruns.

As for Giambi, without steroids he was mediocre at best, his brother and his early career are perfect examples. When Giambi is on, he's and excellent power hitter, when he's off he's not. It's literally as simple as that.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2006, 05:26:14 PM »
but this is nothing new.  Olympic weightlifters were using anabolic steroids in the 1950s if not earlier.  field athletes (of track and field) were using them in the 1960s.  swimmers were using them in the 1970s.  (Olympics first started testing for anabolic steroids at the Montreal games.)  No reason to think that pro baseball, football and basketball players haven't been using them since that time.   and we know that baseball pitchers were using amphetamines throughout the 1970s.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2006, 05:27:58 PM »

I never even heard of the guy until yesterday.