Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52430 times)

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #350 on: May 19, 2011, 10:25:42 AM »
Hawking is a genious but it doesn't take one to figure this out - Every religion has a different god and believes in different shit, so why should westerners be more right than those of Islam who murder westerners in the name of their god!
Gods were invented when humans didn't understand what caused shit - Now we know about the sun, we don't have a sun god, we don't have a moon god, rain god, etc etc etc ..... We just cling on to this final god because we don't believe that when we are dead THATS IT FOR ETERNITY.
Believers carry on if it makes you happy. I wish I could believe but my feet are firmly on the ground and I believe science and common sense.

You believe in science, please show me proof in science, that there is No God?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #351 on: May 19, 2011, 10:26:32 AM »
I am sorry, but I have read NO scripture to back this up?  For that matter, Jesus was being crucified on the cross and still ask forgiveness for those punishing him and non believers?

I wasn't referencing the Bible, merely my experiences with Christians. Your friend holds heretical beliefs; at the very least you should be telling him the truth of Christ every day until he realises it himself.
I hate the State.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #352 on: May 19, 2011, 10:27:30 AM »
Why would you want to spend time and be friends with someone who has heretical beliefs? ???
I would rather be friends with someone who has heretical beliefs, one more person you could lead to salvation ;)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #353 on: May 19, 2011, 10:27:51 AM »
Why would you want to spend time and be friends with someone who has heretical beliefs? ???

That's your opinion.  Christianity teaches no such thing.  On the contrary, Jesus taught by word and by example to do the opposite.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: May 19, 2011, 10:28:09 AM »
Not sure if Deicide is thinking of Matthew 10:14 or not but if so, it is different than what you are thinking:

Jesus talking to His disciples:
"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet"

Nothing about shunning if they don't accept the truth.
R

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #355 on: May 19, 2011, 10:30:01 AM »
Not sure if Deicide is thinking of Matthew 10:14 or not but if so, it is different than what you are thinking:

Jesus talking to His disciples:
"If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, leave that home or town and shake the dust off your feet"

Nothing about shunning if they don't accept the truth.

I don't think so:

I wasn't referencing the Bible, merely my experiences with Christians. Your friend holds heretical beliefs; at the very least you should be telling him the truth of Christ every day until he realises it himself.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: May 19, 2011, 10:30:49 AM »

My mistake in thinking you were referring to a scripture.

I used to work in the same building as an Asian guy that believed in reincarnation etc.  We had discussions all the time about our faiths...no one got angry or lambasted the other, we had very interesting and pretty enjoyable conversations. 

R

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #357 on: May 19, 2011, 10:32:29 AM »

There was a fellow named Thomas that was a doubter of God, scripture John 20:24-29.

As a Christian, when the doubters come, they have questions and it is our job, to help answer those questions and hopefully help those choose God.  My friend has his beliefs and that is fine, but I will continue to show and teach scripture as it fits in our daily life, not be that pushy Christian that often pushes people away from God.  

Cliff Clavin

• Getbig II
  • It's a little known fact
« Reply #358 on: May 19, 2011, 10:32:36 AM »

Things do not just create themselves...

and yet the most complex/powerful being of all (your god)needs no creator?interesting

I also like how people say prove there is no god...thats the same of saying prove there are no pink unicorns...the burden of proof is with the ones that make the claim....

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #359 on: May 19, 2011, 10:35:27 AM »
My mistake in thinking you were referring to a scripture.

I used to work in the same building as an Asian guy that believed in reincarnation etc.  We had discussions all the time about our faiths...no one got angry or lambasted the other, we had very interesting and pretty enjoyable conversations. 

Well, I don't have any religious friends but certainly those with oppositional political beliefs. I have a friend here for example, who is a world governmetn statist, the complete opposite of me and it puts strain on the friendship sometimes. I would figure religious beliefs are even more tension provoking. I need to get to the gym but will take this up later.
I hate the State.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #360 on: May 19, 2011, 10:36:07 AM »
and yet the most complex/powerful being of all (your god)needs no creator?interesting

I also like how people say prove there is no god...thats the same of saying prove there are no pink unicorns...the burden of proof is with the ones that make the claim....

Then where did things start if not with a God?

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #361 on: May 19, 2011, 10:36:51 AM »

You can believe in science and believe in God as well. Just remember, God did it. Whatever you think about- take the creation of the universe- you can delve into the quantum mechanics of it all, just remember GOD DID IT.

If you physics type folks want an interesting point to consider, let's look at gravity shall we? Take a large physical body, a planet for example. Spin the thing and it attracts other bodies toward it. Increase the density or rate of spin and this force-called gravity- becomes stronger.

So, this concept of gravity- where the heck does it come from? A large body could just as easily spin and have no effect on anything else around it.

Think for a second- every principal you see in physics had to come from somewhere. Things do not just create themselves...
Delusion. We know what causes gravity and why it varies from planet to planet due to size and speed of spin etc. Its the 21st century now people, time to wake up and live in the real world.,

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: May 19, 2011, 10:37:28 AM »

I would rather be friends with someone who has heretical beliefs, one more person you could lead to salvation ;)

Luke 5:30-32

But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”

Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”
R

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #363 on: May 19, 2011, 10:38:52 AM »
The proof is there - Physics is the proof and we can prove all the facts (there are many documentaries and books with all the facts in AND they explain why we know thye are FACTS). If you believe though, keep believing. There won't be anything when you die though but then you won't care - You'll be dead.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #364 on: May 19, 2011, 10:40:11 AM »

I prefer to think of things like the alien throwing the marbles at the end of Men in Black.

We only know what we can see- what we have a reference point for. But who's to say how big all of reality really is? I see reality as being bigger than the universe- our universe might be infinitesimally small to some larger creatures. Take bacteria for example, to a lone bacteria the human body would be about the size of the universe to us.

Point is, we do not have any real way of understanding where everything comes from, because we are not supposed to. Saying God has not creator why do you think that strange? We only know what is put before us in the first place-we can only try to fathom the reality given to us.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #365 on: May 19, 2011, 10:40:40 AM »
The proof is there - Physics is the proof and we can prove all the facts (there are many documentaries and books with all the facts in AND they explain why we know thye are FACTS). If you believe though, keep believing. There won't be anything when you die though but then you won't care - You'll be dead.

I am a physics major...there is NO proof or facts, only theories.  There is not one theorem that has ever said, energy can be coverted to matter.  Lets discuss this quantum burst theory...if this theory was accurate then why in the last 10 decades have we not seen this type of quantum burst?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #366 on: May 19, 2011, 10:42:49 AM »
Delusion. We know what causes gravity and why it varies from planet to planet due to size and speed of spin etc. Its the 21st century now people, time to wake up and live in the real world.,

You completely missed the point of what I said...I agree, we do understand gravity- but WHY does it exist in the first place? Some higher intelligence designed everything, that's why. Otherwise large bodies would spin and nothing would happen, and then the universe would not be perfect.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: May 19, 2011, 10:43:02 AM »
Well, I don't have any religious friends

>:(

;D

Well, I don't have any religious friends but certainly those with oppositional political beliefs. I have a friend here for example, who is a world governmetn statist, the complete opposite of me and it puts strain on the friendship sometimes. I would figure religious beliefs are even more tension provoking. I need to get to the gym but will take this up later.

I have many friends that are unbelievers....and our relationships have relatively no tension because of their unbelief (other than I long for them to believe).

But I agree that relationships w/people w/completely opposite political beliefs def. can be tension provoking. 
R

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #368 on: May 19, 2011, 10:44:51 AM »

But I agree that relationships w/people w/completely opposite political beliefs def. can be tension provoking. 

X2   ;D

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: May 19, 2011, 11:50:57 AM »
You completely missed the point of what I said...I agree, we do understand gravity- but WHY does it exist in the first place? Some higher intelligence designed everything, that's why. Otherwise large bodies would spin and nothing would happen, and then the universe would not be perfect.

Flash back 200 yrs.... Volcanos are angry gods, Thunder is an angry god, hurricanes and tornados are the wrath of an angry god, flies grew out of soup....

Fortunately we have progressed beyond the "it's a god" answer to everything we don't understand at the moment..or have we?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #370 on: May 19, 2011, 11:58:21 AM »
hm...   a 'reason' to believe? no i guess there isnt any reason to believe to the non believer. but the believer who actively engages with god knows the value of belief.

evil is a concept, nobody creates concepts, god created people and people do evil things, god allows people to do evil for 2 reasons= 1. your not an individual and you dont have free will if god limits you actions.  2. pain and suffering are necessary for an appreciation of pleasure and joy.

If there were a God there would be absolutely NO reason to ' believe ' in him , he would be a fact but believers are forced be believe in him because there is no alternative . And how does one ' engage ' with God? by talking to themselves?

I see the creator is responsible for all the things you like and none of the things you don't , God created evil you can't escape than if you buy into the story

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: May 19, 2011, 12:02:51 PM »
Unlike you, I don't need extra attention to seek out approval from anyone, let alone people I do not know, to enjoy myself.    

You need attention and approval from the imaginary deity

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #372 on: May 19, 2011, 12:04:00 PM »
Luke 5:30-32

But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?”

Jesus answered them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

Great post Butterbean!    ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #373 on: May 19, 2011, 12:06:18 PM »

You believe in God , please show me proof that there is one.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #374 on: May 19, 2011, 12:08:21 PM »
Flash back 200 yrs.... Volcanos are angry gods, Thunder is an angry god, hurricanes and tornados are the wrath of an angry god, flies grew out of soup....

Fortunately we have progressed beyond the "it's a god" answer to everything we don't understand at the moment..or have we?

Gods used be on the mountains. When man conquered the mountains they moved to the skies. When man conquered the skies they moved to heavens. When man achieved outer space the gods quickly retreated to another dimensions.