Author Topic: The NFL draft thread  (Read 6991 times)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Re: The NFL draft thread
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2007, 10:19:50 AM »
Zak Deossie seems to be coming on.
with ties to the Jets,G-men,and Pats it will be interesting to see where he ends up.he's also a long snapper which is a plus.

body88

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2007, 10:42:55 AM »
with ties to the Jets,G-men,and Pats it will be interesting to see where he ends up.he's also a long snapper which is a plus.

He is best friends with Belichicks daughter. His father is on the big show on weei here in Boston. Steve is from Andover MA.

There was speculation Bill would not take him due to his close association with his daughter and the family. Could make for a hard situation if he had to cut. Although it could all be smoke and mirrors. I could see them taking him in the 4th round.

Zack has a rare blend of size and speed. He is still raw tho. He will need to be developed. But has a ton of upside. He faced no nfl caliber competition playing ivy ball which is what is keeping him our of the first 2 rounds.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 10:43:06 AM »
Who?

body88

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 10:48:52 AM »
Who?

Played for Brown. Rare blend of size and speed. Diomond in the rough type pick. His father Steve played for the pats. He is from Andover MA. Used to be a ball boy for the pats, lol.

Being compared to Vrabel........

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 10:50:16 AM »
Played for Brown. his father Steve played in the nfl for the pats. He is from Andover MA. Used to be a ball boy for the pats lol.

OK to far down down the draft. I can only keep track of the first four rounds before my head spins off.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2007, 10:53:14 AM »
Played for Brown. Rare blend of size and speed. Diomond in the rough type pick. His father Steve played for the pats. He is from Andover MA. Used to be a ball boy for the pats, lol.

Being compared to Vrabel........

AHEM...also played for the Giants for a couple of years >:(

body88

« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2007, 10:53:58 AM »
OK to far down down the draft. I can only keep track of the first four rounds before my head spins off.

I hear ya. He is a 3rd to 6th round pick. He has a rare blend of size and speed. Outstanding athlete. He played in the ivy league tho, so he never has faced nfl caliber talent. Played a great shrine game which got people to notice him. Then did well at the combine. He is a developmental type guy with a ton of upside. Think of Mike Vrabel but faster.

The reason he could go earlier then projected is because he should be a special teams terror while he is being developed.

body88

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2007, 10:54:36 AM »

AHEM...also played for the Giants for a couple of years >:(

Ok ok.... He bled blue blood for a few years also ;) :D Steve and Fred Smerlis just opened a steak house here in MA. It is very good.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2007, 11:07:45 AM »
The Giants have some serious needs,lb,db,and a left tackle.
less serious TD,and wry.

I don't like the picks they have used on corners lately.
the guy who really intrigues me if everybody else is gone is
Chris Houston from Arkansas

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2007, 11:20:38 AM »
The Giants have some serious needs,lb,db,and a left tackle.
less serious TD,and wry.

I don't like the picks they have used on corners lately.
the guy who really intrigues me if everybody else is gone is
Chris Houston from Arkansas

Corners are like WR's that have gone retarded. They all act like there only job is to pick off balls and no need to tackle or support. You never know what your drafting. I would rather have a quiet hard playing middle round guy working to make it then someone from a big program with a chip on there shoulder. There are very few true shut down corners.

As for LB's I am not quite sold on this draft. Last year they talked about how great the class was but a 2nd round guy was the best. I think the same thing will happen this year.

body88

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2007, 12:18:44 PM »
Corners are like WR's that have gone retarded. They all act like there only job is to pick off balls and no need to tackle or support. You never know what your drafting. I would rather have a quiet hard playing middle round guy working to make it then someone from a big program with a chip on there shoulder. There are very few true shut down corners.

As for LB's I am not quite sold on this draft. Last year they talked about how great the class was but a 2nd round guy was the best. I think the same thing will happen this year.

I remember thinking who the hell is Asante Samuel when the pats took him in the fourth round in 03. Same thing for Wilson late in round 2.

Another thing people forget is that rookies tend to need a year to develope. Few rookies do more then contribute there first year. It is rare that a rookie steps in to a starters role for 16 games and becomes a impact player.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2007, 12:32:09 PM »
I remember thinking who the hell is Asante Samuel when the pats took him in the fourth round in 03. Same thing for Wilson late in round 2.

Another thing people forget is that rookies tend to need a year to develope. Few rookies do more then contribute there first year. It is rare that a rookie steps in to a starters role for 16 games and becomes a impact player.

I agree it's hard for rookies to adjust to the speed of the game and to find one that dominates from day one is really rare. 2nd or 3rd year you really start to see them come into there own. If you have a consistent staff that has a plan and goals and goes about filling holes before they become to bad is what really helps rookies. To many times people go quick fix and change staffs and then wonder why it does not change. The raiders are a great example. Pick a good couch and stay with them for 5 or 6 years and give them the help and support by drafting and free agency to build the team. All the great teams are build this way. Patriots,Eagles,Pittsburg,Denver,Seahawks all build thru the draft and keep the main staff together. The redskins/raiders/dolphins keep turning over and over and not advancing. Its not rocket science.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2007, 12:44:34 PM »
Well I admit it I'll be watching all day Saturday :-\,the 1rst and 2nd rounds anyway.
suppose to play golf in the morning but it might rain.
no rain I'll miss the first 10 picks or so,rain glued to the tv from 12 on :P

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2007, 12:53:38 PM »
Well I admit it I'll be watching all day Saturday :-\,the 1rst and 2nd rounds anyway.

Sad but I have to work sat morning and then I will sit/lay/nap infront of the stupid over hyped event all frigging day sat and then a good part of Sun till I overdose.

body88

« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2007, 02:16:19 PM »
I agree it's hard for rookies to adjust to the speed of the game and to find one that dominates from day one is really rare. 2nd or 3rd year you really start to see them come into there own. If you have a consistent staff that has a plan and goals and goes about filling holes before they become to bad is what really helps rookies. To many times people go quick fix and change staffs and then wonder why it does not change. The raiders are a great example. Pick a good couch and stay with them for 5 or 6 years and give them the help and support by drafting and free agency to build the team. All the great teams are build this way. Patriots,Eagles,Pittsburg,Denver,Seahawks all build thru the draft and keep the main staff together. The redskins/raiders/dolphins keep turning over and over and not advancing. Its not rocket science.

Good post....

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2007, 03:31:03 PM »
Good post....

It sounds very close to what Collin Cowheard was saying this week about the draft.

body88

« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2007, 03:33:10 PM »

Ditto... I will make a draft thread so we can all claim we knew our teams picks all along.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2007, 04:00:55 PM »

Depends on position; some can step right in, others take a year or two or longer.

body88

« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2007, 04:14:57 PM »
Depends on position; some can step right in, others take a year or two or longer.

I agree. There are a few that can, but the vast majority contribute until they Develope into a 16 game starter.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
Ditto... I will make a draft thread so we can all claim we knew our teams picks all along.

Cool,I'm there!

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2007, 06:39:12 PM »
Sad but I have to work sat morning and then I will sit/lay/nap infront of the stupid over hyped event all frigging day sat and then a good part of Sun till I overdose.
You're such a fucktard. ;D

jerseyhurricane

• Getbig IV
  • who's next ???
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2007, 07:26:12 PM »
As a Eagles fan, we have gotten used to picking at the bottom half of the draft... ;D

Needs this draft ad S and CB

I would love Nelson from Florida but ain't gonna happen. More likely Griffen from Texas.

At CB there are a bunch of so so middle 1st round corners so depending on the run that will happen I think you could still get a good one in the 2nd round.

I also like Timmons from Florida state at LB this years Demarco Ryans.

I would like to get Leonard from Rutgers at FB/HB in the second round.

I would love for the Eagles to get Griffin...could be the next Dawkins.
I Bleed PhillyEagle

marinesgt

• Getbig III
  • Talk again..I'll snatch the life from your body...
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2007, 09:14:42 AM »
didn't the radiers say they wanted Jamarcus? what would happen if they got Daunte Culpepper and traded off Moss to some other team?would that help them even a little bit..Andrew Walter should just go play for either a CFL team, NFL Europe, or just go to Arena Football and try to be a big fish in a little pond..hell i'd just ask for a trade and be done with it all together...
FIYAAAH!

body88

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2007, 10:12:35 AM »
didn't the radiers say they wanted Jamarcus? what would happen if they got Daunte Culpepper and traded off Moss to some other team?would that help them even a little bit..Andrew Walter should just go play for either a CFL team, NFL Europe, or just go to Arena Football and try to be a big fish in a little pond..hell i'd just ask for a trade and be done with it all together...

Al Davis is asking some ludicrous amount for Moss.Doubt he is going anywhere. The raiders could go after Culpepper , but he would prob be killed behind that offensive line they have. He is injury prone enough, behind that line he would be on ir in 4 min. I know they are rumored to have interest in Matt Cassel (Brady's backup). There are rumors Al Davis wants to win now. Winning now would = Calvin Johnson and a vet qb that can help them win. They are not to far off  from having a good team. The defense is very good. They need help on there O line and a playmaker rb. They ob would have a sick set of receivers if they had Johnson Moss and Porter in one unit. The Cassel situation would be perfect for them. Prototypical size,smart, young, backing up/learning behind one of the greatrest qbs ever. Cassel never really has gotten a shot since he backed up Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at USC, and now backs a HOF player in Tom Brady. I have seen him play, he has potential to be a good NFL qb. Only problem is I doubt the pats let him go. JaMarcus would be the smart choice for the future if the raiders choose to go that route.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2007, 10:21:41 AM »
Al Davis is asking some ludicrous amount for Moss.Doubt he is going anywhere. The raiders could go after Culpepper , but he would prob be killed behind that offensive line they have. He is injury prone enough, behind that line he would be on ir in 4 min. I know they are rumored to have interest in Matt Cassel (Brady's backup). There are rumors Al Davis wants to win now. Winning now would = Calvin Johnson and a vet qb that can help them win. They are not to far off  from having a good team. The defense is very good. They need help on there O line and a playmaker rb. They ob would have a sick set of receivers if they had Johnson Moss and Porter in one unit. The Cassel situation would be perfect for them. Prototypical size,smart, young, backing up/learning behind one of the greatrest qbs ever. Cassel never really has gotten a shot since he backed up Carson Palmer and Matt Leinart at USC, and now backs a HOF player in Tom Brady. I have seen him play, he has potential to be a good NFL qb. Only problem is I doubt the pats let him go. JaMarcus would be the smart choice for the future if the raiders choose to go that route.
Hey body..on the horn with al davis...said he has a opening at gm for you...na im playin. but you brought some good ideas. On paper what you say is awsome...I would have rather Jake Plummer as the free agent pick up (cheaper than cassel and he can move a bit which im sure he will have to do in oak.) He has a strong arm and can get the ball downfield but he also makes some crazy throws, but i think it wouldnt matter because if oak had johnson and moss he could be able to make reckless throws because they will make amazing catches.