Author Topic: Epoxy floor  (Read 3542 times)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Epoxy floor
« on: April 21, 2022, 01:53:35 PM »
Any of y’all ever do this to your garage or anything? I’m putting new carpet in my office and where the field guys come in and out, I thought about leaving that space open and doing epoxy or polishing the existing concrete slab. Not sure of cost for the epoxy or which one is best, but the area I’m planning on doing probably isn’t much more than 250 square feet. I’d throw the speckled flake shit on it too for looks and just put a transition piece at the edge of the carpet.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Epoxy floor
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 08:06:23 PM »
That coating works great when it's applied by people that know what they're doing. I assume you're just trying to knock off some dirt before they track it all over the carpet.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 09:11:15 PM »
That coating works great when it's applied by people that know what they're doing. I assume you're just trying to knock off some dirt before they track it all over the carpet.

Realistically, I don’t want those dudes on the carpet at all. I’m setting up a station for them to do all paperwork. I’m just wanting something that’s easy to clean and has a bit of traction to it, so when they walk in with muddy boots they don’t fall and it’s easy to clean.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 03:32:58 PM »
consider using a polished cement finish

I may do that. I’m going to have to clean them anyway before, and I have some floor polishers that I was going to buff them and see what it looks like. I’m worried about the women wearing high beams having hurt feet from concrete though if I left it all. I’ll cover it with a on area rug if I go that route maybe?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 03:57:56 PM »
Realistically, I don’t want those dudes on the carpet at all. I’m setting up a station for them to do all paperwork. I’m just wanting something that’s easy to clean and has a bit of traction to it, so when they walk in with muddy boots they don’t fall and it’s easy to clean.
Can you pour a slab outside and have them dust off before they even come in?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 04:16:23 PM »
Can you pour a slab outside and have them dust off before they even come in?

Hose them off prison style?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 04:49:55 PM »

Hose them off prison style?
If they shoe fits. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 08:36:37 PM »
I did this a decade ago and it looked awesome.  Even put the sprinkles in.

Now, it needs to be completely stripped and redone.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2022, 05:03:53 AM »
I did this a decade ago and it looked awesome.  Even put the sprinkles in.

Now, it needs to be completely stripped and redone.

I’ll take a decade of use. Probably better than I’d get with LVT which was another option. I’d rather just do polished concrete but I’m not sure how good I can get it looking myself, and also don’t need the slip hazard for muddy boots. I’ll probably end up doing epoxy and flake.

Did you do your floor yourself and if so, was it pretty easy?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2022, 02:29:38 PM »
I’ll take a decade of use. Probably better than I’d get with LVT which was another option. I’d rather just do polished concrete but I’m not sure how good I can get it looking myself, and also don’t need the slip hazard for muddy boots. I’ll probably end up doing epoxy and flake.

Did you do your floor yourself and if so, was it pretty easy?

It's easy, just clean the floor of any oils and stuff, then it's like painting.   I will say this - go super heavy on the sprinkles.....looks better.  I also did the epoxy up the foundation concrete too which gave a super clean look (no sprinkles on wall).
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 02:15:27 PM »
It's easy, just clean the floor of any oils and stuff, then it's like painting.   I will say this - go super heavy on the sprinkles.....looks better.  I also did the epoxy up the foundation concrete too which gave a super clean look (no sprinkles on wall).

There’s no oil or anything. It’s a slab with some plaster and paint on it now because of the renovation. I’ll take pics and send to Chaos, and he can post them, since I have is number. Hopefully it’ll be “Y” approved.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2022, 07:01:18 PM »
Better Homes and Garden Y board?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2022, 08:54:45 PM »
Better Homes and Garden Y board?

The Y board is a cornucopia of knowledge.
Y

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2022, 06:58:34 PM »
All for naught. None of the office folks wanted to keep the concrete, and now we have lvt set up for install.  :-\

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2022, 05:11:34 PM »
All for naught. None of the office folks wanted to keep the concrete, and now we have lvt set up for install.  :-\
Who works for who over there ??? ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!