Author Topic: Thoughts on Starting Strength  (Read 7157 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Thoughts on Starting Strength
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2017, 09:04:14 PM »
Another thing you have to remember is that the bread-and-butter for strength and conditioning coaches is football particularly the line positions. So, they're not really worried about low body fat percentages.

Ok, 1. Rippetoe isn't a real strength and conditioning coach. He's a crossfit strength coach. 2. He's admitted he's never worked in a team environment.

As a Strength and Conditioning coach and depending on the height, weight and athleticism of the lineman, it absolutely makes a difference just as much as any other position.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2017, 01:39:26 AM »
Ok, 1. Rippetoe isn't a real strength and conditioning coach. He's a crossfit strength coach. 2. He's admitted he's never worked in a team environment.

As a Strength and Conditioning coach and depending on the height, weight and athleticism of the lineman, it absolutely makes a difference just as much as any other position.

Yeah, Okay:

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2017, 01:48:18 AM »

Top Poodle

• Getbig IV
  • No trannies allowed.
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2017, 02:00:37 AM »
What about it

Maybe he's insinuating those fat fucks are athletes and so SS+GOMAD will also turn you into a fat fuck athlete?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2017, 02:16:52 AM »
I don't know why anyone would do anything that crazy for natural muscle building.  You can't build a ton of muscle as a natural and 80-90% comes in the first couple years.  I honestly don't even believe that you need more than a few hundred calorie surplus to gain the majority of your natural muscle potential.

welcome to the boards Mike Mentzer

Simple Simon

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2017, 03:20:00 AM »
Yeah, Okay:

Lol, American football players are not fit, they do the occasional burst of pace, fuck me they wouldn't last two minutes on a rugby league field.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2017, 05:06:44 PM »
Dealing with geniuses in this thread

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2017, 05:12:16 PM »
Lol, American football players are not fit, they do the occasional burst of pace, fuck me they wouldn't last two minutes on a rugby league field.

Agreed.

I don't think football linesman would classify as being "fit."

Though, there are many positions in football that requires one to be extremely fit.
X