Author Topic: What is real beauty?  (Read 27305 times)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: What is real beauty?
« Reply #150 on: October 26, 2006, 02:13:14 PM »
i worked in the restaurant business for a long time and have met clebrities.  never once did i ask for an autograph.  I also treated them like i did all my guests.  My thing was just respect their space and their privacy.  I did get invited to some events because the way i treated them though.  I thought that was cool. 

you are right though, it is a dichotomy.  But much the same way when you  ( a woman) say that you want a nice guy, don't care what he looks like) then find the rugged good looking abd boy that treats you like sh*t, then wonder why?

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #151 on: October 26, 2006, 02:37:07 PM »
Not to go off on a tangent (for long ;D ) but I've never understood the popularity of "the autograph."  I mean, people are people and most of us know how to write our own names.  I guess I just don't get why some people seek them out.

But, most people don't understand my attraction to sparkly things, so.....to each his own I guess. :P
R

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: October 26, 2006, 02:43:56 PM »
Not to go off on a tangent (for long ;D ) but I've never understood the popularity of "the autograph."  I mean, people are people and most of us know how to write our own names.  I guess I just don't get why some people seek them out.

But, most people don't understand my attraction to sparkly things, so.....to each his own I guess. :P

lol you and crabs have the same attraction.  By crabs i mean the sea creature not the STD, lol.

I dont get autographs either.  beauty to me shines from the inside of the person.  Yes outwardl beauty is a catalyst to get to want to know someone.  I know i'm not a stud and that i may "miss out" on some opportunities.  but i rather be with someone that feels comfortable with themselves than with super gorgeous woman that has to always be made up.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2006, 02:44:43 PM »
There's nothing wrong with the autograph thingy, but it's all in the way it's asked. It's almost makes you wonder who he thinks he's talking to... you, ...or an artificial image of you he has in his mind based on some character you've played? That's the difference.

Who says women don't care what a man looks like? I think we do, ...we just don't judge a man's value as a human being, or deem him worthy of courtesy or respect, based solely on his looks. Generally, for women, looks are just a part of the package, the ribbon, ...but the rest of the package has to be there.

To simplify the analogy, ...we don't have a problem accepting a great gift that hasn't been gift wrapped with pretty paper and a nice bow, ...but if you give us a box with expensive wrapping and and a gorgeous ribbon on the outside, ...it better darned well have something good inside.  >:(
w

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2006, 02:47:23 PM »
well i may be a gift wrapped in brwn crate paper, but damn if i don't try to bring something to the table

mish

• Getbig III
  • We'll start the ass-kissing with you.
« Reply #155 on: October 26, 2006, 03:05:18 PM »
To simplify the analogy, ...we don't have a problem accepting a great gift that hasn't been gift wrapped with pretty paper and a nice bow, ...but if you give us a box with expensive wrapping and and a gorgeous ribbon on the outside, ...it better darned well have something good inside.  >:(

LOL!!! Agreed! ;D

well i may be a gift wrapped in brwn crate paper, but damn if i don't try to bring something to the table

Yes Miggy-poo you do ;)
BKS approved

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 26, 2006, 03:12:20 PM »
to me real beauty is when you wake up next to someone and fall in love with them all over again, not because they are physically attratvie, but beacuse of the way they make you feel

mish

• Getbig III
  • We'll start the ass-kissing with you.
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2006, 03:15:28 PM »
*swoon* Oh Miggy!
BKS approved

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #158 on: October 26, 2006, 04:58:38 PM »

I agree.  I've never asked for one.  I could care less.  My kids, on the other hand, have several.  Not sure where they keep them.  The only one I saved for them was Arnold's.  He gave my daughter the only autograph in the building when he made a rare appearance at the bodybuilding show he co-promotes here.  I thought that was very nice of him. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: October 26, 2006, 06:36:27 PM »
Some people are into them. I don't think it's wierd if someone is into getting autographs,
...I just get uncomfortable when they want one from me. I'll get autographs for my friends tho.
I sometimes get a kick out of seing their excitement. I was working on a particular show up here, and a girlfriend in the States was so excited because she was such a huge, HUGE fan of the show as well as the star of the show. One day her husband was getting the mail, and he hands her this big 8.5 X 11 manilla envelope from Canada. She opened it up and nearly fell off her chair when she saw it was an autographed picture in the mail, personalized to her, from the star of the show, ...all dressed up in character. It just made her day.  :D
w

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2006, 12:44:44 AM »
I know you weren't. I was just trying to get clarification on what someone else meant. Anyway, it doesn't matter. This thread sure took a sharp left somewhere into outer space. I was just making a point about the reality of beauty and how much of a lie the advertising industry promotes. Maybe I should stick to fluff.  :P

if you wanted real answers you should have posted this on the general board . . .

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2006, 06:42:21 AM »
if you wanted real answers you should have posted this on the general board . . .

Why don't you love us Al-Gebra :'(
R

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2006, 06:51:16 AM »

If I had posted this on the general board, the responses would have been mostly slamming and irreverant remarks about women.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2006, 07:15:45 AM »
If I had posted this on the general board, the responses would have been mostly slamming and irreverant remarks about women.
Exactly.

PB

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2006, 12:20:09 PM »
I love you guys . . . but clearly a couple of females weren't able to be objective about the topic.  And after projecting themselves into the thread (through Whoopi of all people) they pretty much cut short any discussion.  It's a great thread if you want to know how certain Canadian femmes personally react to men commenting on actresses, but that doesn't really answer the question . . .

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #165 on: October 27, 2006, 12:41:44 PM »
I love you guys . . . but clearly a couple of females weren't able to be objective about the topic.  And after projecting themselves into the thread (through Whoopi of all people) they pretty much cut short any discussion.  It's a great thread if you want to know how certain Canadian femmes personally react to men commenting on actresses, but that doesn't really answer the question . . .

And this is such a value to this thread....

When you even have an idea of what we were talking about then you can comment objectively. 
You've missed the point.  It has nothing to do about actresses at all.

It is all about how certain males come on the board and are making it uncomfortable for certain females with their comments.

There are too many men on the girl board if we have to try justify ourselves to people who take cheap shots like this one.
My complaint for the record.

Have Fun
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #166 on: October 27, 2006, 02:38:41 PM »
And this is such a value to this thread....

When you even have an idea of what we were talking about then you can comment objectively. 
You've missed the point.  It has nothing to do about actresses at all.

It is all about how certain males come on the board and are making it uncomfortable for certain females with their comments.

There are too many men on the girl board if we have to try justify ourselves to people who take cheap shots like this one.
My complaint for the record.

Have Fun

AHHHHH come here OS its time to get a hug and maybe some nice tea you have had a long week... ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2006, 03:05:16 PM »
AHHHHH come here OS its time to get a hug and maybe some nice tea you have had a long week... ;D

Don't forget to snuggle her up in a nice big fluffy bathrobe, ...and Miggly can give her one of his famous foot massages
w

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: October 27, 2006, 09:22:05 PM »
who called for a foot massage?  anyone, bueller? bueller?

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2006, 02:58:58 PM »
Did someone say foot massage?

I love massages from head to toes. The harder, the better.  No talking, just nature music, candles and lots of oil.

But a foot massage, those are the best.  The most memorable one was feet bathed in white wine, very memorable.

Sandra

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2006, 03:51:34 PM »
Did someone say foot massage?

I love massages from head to toes. The harder, the better.  No talking, just nature music, candles and lots of oil.

But a foot massage, those are the best.  The most memorable one was feet bathed in white wine, very memorable.

Sandra

Lol, I hope it wasn't chilled.

But agree, nothing like a hard massage... rolfing/myofascial massage is the best!