Author Topic: Lee Priest vs Dave Palumbo - Love is in the air!  (Read 30491 times)

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
Lee Priest vs Dave Palumbo - Love is in the air!
« on: November 30, 2006, 10:02:05 PM »
Lee talking about Dave Palumbo...

HEY NARK GET YOU FACTS RIGHT I AM OUT OF COUNTRY DONT ALWAYS HAVE ACCESS TO COMPUTER I AM NOT BITING THE HAND THAT FEEDS ME I AM TELLING THE TRUTH AND THAT IS THAT CANCELL MY CONTRACT I WILL STILL HAVE MY INTERIGTY UNLIKE YOURSELF DAVE....

I WOULD YOU NARK THATS WHY I AM TELLING THE TRUTH BUT HEY I KNOW AND STEVE KNOWS AND HE NEEDS TO REMEBER WHO CALLED WHO ASKING ABOUT IFBB AND WHAT WAS REALLY SAID OK ...SEE I DONT CARE IF I DONT HAVE MONEY COMING IN BUT I WILL NOT BE CALLED A LIAR ....YOU FUCKIN CRIMINAL YOU ARE ONE TO TALK ABOUT ANYONE...HELLLO THIS THING ON SPEAK INTO MY COLLAR....

NO HE HASNT TURNED PRO CUASE HES A SHIT BODYBUILDER WITH SHIT BODY PLUS HIS RECORD OF CRIME ISNT THAT IN THE RULES BOOK ABOUT THAT AS WELL...... OH TELL STEVE TO CALL ME I AM IN ENGLAND BUT CELL WILL WORK GOT NEW ONE AND HAVE NO NUMBERS IN IT SO TELL HIM TO CALL....

This is gold !!!! From where it all started, and unfortunattely ended up with Lee's demise from MD. Real pitty........

One thing we have to admit, though.....the little guy is funny as hell when pissed  ;D
Train forever !

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
Re: LOVE IS IN THE AIR !!! Lee Priest x Dave Palumbo
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 10:09:18 PM »
I loved reading this!

I have so much respect for Lee Priest because of his integrity...

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
Re: LOVE IS IN THE AIR !!! Lee Priest x Dave Palumbo
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 10:12:12 PM »
Really, I have never seen anyone so ballsy in this industry , in 11 years I follow the sport. These guys see each other in every show, and here they are, exchanging courtesies  ;D!!!!

Lee, you are one tuff fucker !!! :D
Train forever !

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
Train forever !

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Lee Priest vs Dave Palumbo - Love is in the air!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 10:19:59 PM »
Lee is a Good Guy.He has always said what he wants.We in the industry know what amount of shit goes on and he just gets sick of the Crap.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 10:39:28 PM »
It's not ust Lee -vs- Dave Palumbo...

It's LEE -vs-

the IFBB
Jim Manion
Steve Blechman
Ben Weider
Twinlab
Shan Ray
Me
Robin Chang
The Olympia
Etc
Etc
Etc

See a trend here?

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 10:44:29 PM »
yeah lee dont put up with much bull shit

whitewidow

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 10:51:04 PM »
Yeah -quite trying to screw the man around and you wont have to deal with complaints.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 11:20:59 PM »

It's LEE -vs-

the IFBB
Jim Manion
Steve Blechman
Ben Weider
Twinlab
Shan Ray
Me
Robin Chang
The Olympia
Etc
Etc
Etc

See a trend here?

You see chick there are two type of men around IN ANY BUSINESS !!!!

Here is a little leason for you by me in Human resources:

a) Is the person you tell to jump and they ask: How high?
he/she will do what ever is best for him even if that means he has to do something that is against any principles (if he has any left) he still has....sadly these people move up the ladder quit fast since they give most people the illusion that they are approachable hardworking folks, but in fact they are the worst employees you can have they don't work with you but against you since they just tell you what you want to hear and really only do what you ask them too.

b) Is the person you tell to jump and they reply: Why and were do you want me to jump?
They seem to be complicated at first, but out of my personal experience these people if handled correctly are the best that can happen to a business, they are at most very open tell you up front what is wrong (and not things to please your ears) and get things done.
I'm not saying they are easy to deal with, but they are in most cases missunderstood and wrongly classified as PROBLEMS.

Do not call yourself the Athletes Representative if you cannot talk for them, as a good leader you have to be prepared to go through a shitstorm for your Troops ESPECIALLY for the people you don't like or think are not worse it, you don't do that you loose credibility, if you are to afraid to really get some people pissed so you can make things better for your colleagues,,, than your "job title" is as meaningless as Derek Anthony doing g4p, or a sack of rice falling over in China's red square.
Your last post has shown me once again that you are at best a IFBB lapdog, somebody who is not willing for his own safety to risk his neck in order to help people.
It's sad coz from all I have seen and heard about yourself I'm nearly certain that you are infact a likable person, you just need to get your head out of your ass and see that there is more than money and fame, coz trust me from personal experience if you know your being respected by the people that really matter... it warms your soul and your ego (if you want to) a lot more than a couple of green paper things.

Respectfully

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 11:36:37 PM »
Respect goes many ways. You can disagree with someone, and still have respect for them.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 11:40:16 PM »
Riiiiiight...

Thanks for the tips Mr. helper...

If Lee had decided to stay with the IFBB, then he could have opted to work within the system, and with myself to initiate change...sadly, he chose a different course an now finds himself on the short end (no pun intended).

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 11:52:55 PM »
Riiiiiight...

If Lee had decided to stay with the IFBB, then he could have opted to work within the system, and with myself to initiate change...sadly, he chose a different course an now finds himself on the short end (no pun intended).

You know what I have said makes sense, in spite of all that I think you personally are a cool person, your morals regarding your job are a little screwed but that's my own personal view of things.
I don't want to lecture you I just think it's a little sad that we never hear from you that you stick up for certain people, what we read from you on the other hand are attacks on the very people you are there to voice.... don't you think this is a little strange?

Maybe you should host less events and play less golf with Shawn and concentrate on your job as the Athletes representative.

Your really seem to glee and are generally happy about what has happend to Lee and that makes you look even worse than anything else, nobody likes the guy who says: I told you so I told you so.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 11:53:56 PM »
Riiiiiight...

to each his own path im sure lee can still look at himself in the mirror

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006, 12:02:20 AM »
You know what I have said makes sense, in spite of all that I think you personaly are a cool person, your morals regarding your job are a little screwed but that's my own personal view of things.
I don't want to lecture you I just think it's a little sad that we never hear from you that you stick up for certain people, what we read from you on the other hand are attacks on the very people you are there to voice.... dont you think this is a little strange?

I stick up for the athetes as a whole, I've helped out and made more money for more athletes than you would ever know...

I Make changes for the betterment of the IFBB pro's, both men and women. My job entails being the voice of the pro's, COLLECTIVELY...If Lee had come to me for help, I would have certainly helped in any way I could within the proper channels, and using the proper format.

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 12:05:36 AM »
I'm hungry

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006, 12:06:46 AM »
Respect goes many ways. You can disagree with someone, and still have respect for them.

Ron you totally misunderstood me, I ALWAYS respect anybody who airs his own voice, even if I don't necessarily share the same view.

But let me ask you this:
Why do we never read from an IFBB Athlete that Chick has stuck up for him, something the like of: Thanks Chick I needed you support and I got it, you know people would post it if it would really happen.
And we also know that there are a lot of people who need guidance and help (Derek Anthony for example) so why do we never hear from others that he has somehow personally helped them regarding their job.
And I'm not talking about his close friends, I'm talking about any Pro in the IFBB or non pro for that matter?

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006, 12:09:43 AM »

It's LEE -vs-

the IFBB
Jim Manion
Steve Blechman
Ben Weider
Twinlab
Shan Ray
Me
Robin Chang
The Olympia
Etc
Etc
Etc

See a trend here?

Wow Lee against all those people and he stills comes out the winner.  Unreal odds he beat.  Nice winning a battle no matter how bad the odds are.  Good job Lee.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006, 12:10:25 AM »
I stick up for the athetes as a whole, I've helped out and made more money for more athletes than you would ever know...

I Make changes for the betterment of the IFBB pro's, both men and women. My job entails being the voice of the pro's, COLLECTIVELY...If Lee had come to me for help, I would have certainly helped in any way I could within the proper channels, and using the proper format.

I don't claim to know any figure, I'm just curious why I never read on any board a Pro talking and thanking you for your personal help or your help in general.
I mean we are talking about BBing and Forums, we talk about all kind of stuff here, so I guess if that is really true what you have said we would hear about it more often than we have in the past.
Don't you think so?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006, 12:13:03 AM »
Wow Lee against all those people and he stills comes out the winner.  Unreal odds he beat.  Nice winning a battle no matter how bad the odds are.  Good job Lee.

There are some people on that list I feel he had every right to be pissed about

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2006, 12:16:37 AM »
I don't expect accolades from my fellow Pro's, and especialy not on a forum. Their business is their own, whether or not they choose to share it with the rest of the world is up to them.

The majority of pro's don't post here as it is...for any reason, let alone to "thank me" for anything I've done on their behalf.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2006, 12:18:09 AM »
There are some people on that list I feel he had every right to be pissed about

Of course you do...you don't know the facts behind any one of them.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2006, 12:21:35 AM »
Riiiiiight...

Sadly he chose a different course in your words.  But in reality what he did was better for him.  The IFBB does not support their members thats a fact even you can't sidestep.  SO far in less than 6 months Lee has made more from competitng in the PDI than he made in the IFBB.  Same thing with St. Cloud.  SO far all the things the IFBB has said about the PDI not making it and no money and no sposnors supporting have been wrong.  I think the problem is that you and Manion think that Lee wanted back into the IFBB and can't fathom the thought that he really didn't.

The MD issue is an exact point where the IFBB threatens sponsors and supporters till they cave in.  Manion doesn't allot MD to cover the Olympia cause of their support of the PDI and Lee was under contract.  Then all of a sudden Manion is sitting next to Bleckman at the North American and sits him up front shaking hands and crap.  Now Bleckman lets Lee go after many years of working together and I will make a side bet with you of $1,000 that MD will be at the Olympia next year.  Simple fact; Manion tells Bleckman to get rid of Lee and he can come back to the Olympia.  Case closed.  Those are the facts.  And its a smart thing to do cause after M&F and Flex sell for near nothing the IFBB will be paying for advertisments and having MD in their corner will help.  Great partnership, they are meant for each other.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2006, 12:22:35 AM »
Of course you do...you don't know the facts behind any one of them.
granted... you have initially the better overview of the IFBB and what happens behind closed doors.

I do have to run along, I will have a look later on I would love to continue this conversation... please rest assure that I do not have anything personally against you or do not want to lecture you, I just air my 5cent in human recourses as a Manager and Managing a rather rather large pool of staff.

Thanks again.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 12:36:14 AM »
granted... you have initially the better overview of the IFBB and what happens behind closed doors.

I do have to run along, I will have a look later on I would love to continue this conversation... please rest assure that I do not have anything personally against you or do not want to lecture you, I just air my 5cent in human recourses as a Manager and Managing a rather rather large pool of staff.

Thanks again.

Dude it's impossible to hate or dislike Chic.  I am in the same boat with you.  It's just where his loyalties are that are the problem. Hopefully he'll snap out of it. :D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 12:38:49 AM »
Sadly he chose a different course in your words.  But in reality what he did was better for him.  The IFBB does not support their members thats a fact even you can't sidestep.  SO far in less than 6 months Lee has made more from competitng in the PDI than he made in the IFBB.  Same thing with St. Cloud.  SO far all the things the IFBB has said about the PDI not making it and no money and no sposnors supporting have been wrong.  I think the problem is that you and Manion think that Lee wanted back into the IFBB and can't fathom the thought that he really didn't.

The MD issue is an exact point where the IFBB threatens sponsors and supporters till they cave in.  Manion doesn't allot MD to cover the Olympia cause of their support of the PDI and Lee was under contract.  Then all of a sudden Manion is sitting next to Bleckman at the North American and sits him up front shaking hands and crap.  Now Bleckman lets Lee go after many years of working together and I will make a side bet with you of $1,000 that MD will be at the Olympia next year.  Simple fact; Manion tells Bleckman to get rid of Lee and he can come back to the Olympia.  Case closed.  Those are the facts.  And its a smart thing to do cause after M&F and Flex sell for near nothing the IFBB will be paying for advertisments and having MD in their corner will help.  Great partnership, they are meant for each other.

Come on Keith...get your facts straight, brother:

Lee has made THOUSANDS more from his association with the IFBB over the last 10+ years...it's not even close.

IS what he has chosen better for him?

So far he got suspended from the IFBB, which has had (and will have) a direct effect on his ability to make money competing, and making guest posing appearances....lost his Twinlab contract, lost out on an opportunity to sign with a different major company because he didn't want to compete as an IFBB pro,  and lost his contract with MD....

You have a much different view of "better for him" than I do...

Lee did want back in, or he wouldn't have has Steve B "see what he can do..." if Lee didn't want any part of it, he simply could have said "no thanks, Steve..." and that would've been the end of it...don't be so niave.

Manion had nothing to do with the MD/ Olympia gig...that was all Flex magazine and David Pecker.

Of course MD will be at the Olympia next year...they wer there this year, last year, and every year as far back as I can remember...why would this year be any different?

Blechman fired Lee because of LEE..no one else.