Author Topic: Sarcev in Trouble in Malaysia - The Witch Hunt Continues  (Read 6268 times)

joelbrandw

• Getbig II
Sarcev in Trouble in Malaysia - The Witch Hunt Continues
« on: December 19, 2006, 08:28:34 AM »
I don't want anyone to think that I don't understand the importance of the "performance enhancing" drug debate . . . but when Bush Jr. mentioned it a few years back in his State Of The Union Address I smelled a rat. Your manufacturing job just went overseas, your kid is getting shot at in Iraq, you have no health insurance . . . but don't you feel better that, in the most important annual speech to the nation, our president assures you that he is right on top of that nasty ol' steroid issue?

Well, it seems, at least on this "mission", W has a coalition in place worldwide!

New Straits Times - Persekutuan,Malaysia
Bodybuilding: NSC in hot water over Sarcev
19 Dec 2006
Christopher Raj

MALAYSIA’S reputation and image has been tarnished because a sloppy National Sports Council (NSC) failed to check on body-building coach Milos Sarcev’s record before recommending him to the Malaysia Body Building Federation.

Apparently, Sarcev was charged for conspiracy to possess steroids in the United States two years ago.

Sarcev, who is from what was Yugoslavia, was recommended to coach Sazali Samad and Liaw Teck Leong for the just concluded Asian Games in Doha, Qatar.

The MBBF has also been told to explain why Sarcev was appointed as he has been charged in the US.

Asian Body Building Federation (ABBF) secretary-general Datuk Paul Chua yesterday confirmed that a report has been lodged with the International Body Building Federation stating its displeasure on Sarcev’s appointment by Malaysia and the coach’s outburst in Doha following Sazali’s defeat in the men’s 65kg category.

However, MBBF president Datuk Gan Boon Leong said the MBBF had no part in Sarcev’s appointment or negotiations to coach Sazali and Teck Leong.

In fact, the MBBF had distanced itself from Sarcev when he made that outburst (in Doha), but more importantly, confirmed the association was not consulted regarding his appointment.

After Sazali’s controversial defeat to Mohammed Salem Abdullah Zahmi of the United Arab Emirates in Doha, Sarcev was quoted in a local daily on Dec 9 as saying: "I am really annoyed with the judging and I will make an official complaint to the WBBF (World Body Building Federation) asking that ABBF secretary-general Paul (Chua) be removed for fixing the competitions."

According to an article in the Sioux City Journal dated Nov 29, 2005, Sarcev and another bodybuilder, Denis Tyron James, were fined US$10,000 (RM37,000) and US$1,000 (RM3,700) respectively after each had pleaded guilty to conspiracy to possess anabolic steroids, a misdemeanour, at the US Federal Court in Iowa City. "Who is Milos to speak on behalf of MBBF? We have never met him and we don’t know him. It was NSC that appointed him," said an irate Boon Leong.

"I am very angry and disappointed with NSC. We were not consulted about Milos at all. We appointed Patrick Chin as the team manager for Doha, but NSC dropped him, why? No explanation was given."

When contacted yesterday, Chua said: "The matter (Sarcev’s outburst) has been reported to the IBBF and definitely, action will be taken against Sarcev," said Chua who is in Kuala Lumpur for a meeting.

"We (ABBF) are also disappointed that MBBF did not carry out a thorough check before appointing Sarcev and asked for an explanation."

NSC deputy director-general Datuk Zolkples Embong said Sarcev was recommended by its Canadian conditioning consultant Joseph Dolcetti.

"Sarcev did mention the case but claimed he was cleared," said Zolkples.

"On the issue of dropping Patrick, this was done because the OCM only allows one official to represent the body builders. Since (Ahmad) Zawawi is attached to the sports science team, I felt it will be good for him to follow Milos.

"I would also like to emphasise that officials from MBBF were present at every working committee meeting that I chaired. As such, they were fully aware of what was happening."

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Sarcev in Trouble in Malaysia - The Witch Hunt Continues
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 08:39:04 AM »
Stupid F'ing Malaysians don't they know US convicts everyone outside the white house  ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 09:09:51 AM »
Why would anyone even visit places like these? Your taking a big chance that you might swing from a rope for nothing.

Alex Velickovic

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 10:06:53 AM »
This is all in response to some recent comments Milos made on his board regards to the corruption in the Malaysian BB federation, particularly by Paul Chua..  ;)

bbinsider

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 06:14:17 PM »
This is all in response to some recent comments Milos made on his board regards to the corruption in the Malaysian BB federation, particularly by Paul Chua..  ;)

Sometimes people have to learn just when to shut up.
The BBinsider

Stavios

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 07:27:58 PM »
Sometimes people have to learn just when to shut up.

Yeah it's good to shut up. Very good way to make things change  ::)

Milos was right, didn't see the pics but it's seems that a lot of athlete got totaly screwed because that Paul guy fixes every contest

way to go Milos, somebody has to do it

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 08:05:51 PM »
Big props to Milos.

Hope the shady Paul Chua gets what he deserves.

Contestfixing is bad.
Q

PORKY

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 10:07:03 PM »

CORRECTION!!! Paul Chua is Singaporean and whatever so called corruption by him has nothing to do with the Malaysians BB federation.It was the Malaysian side that got screwed!

P

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 11:55:28 PM »
Typical Mishko activities. Next we will find that he has been crushing Dbol in his famous urine and excrement workout shakes.

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 05:29:33 AM »
In trouble? ::)

joelbrandw

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 03:30:39 PM »

Trouble can mean so many things . . . it can be what happens when you accidentally hit a baseball through the neighbor's window when you're a kid . . . or it can mean being at the center of another ridiculous, over-inflated, cooked-up scandal . . . or as they used to say "a tempest in a teapot".  ;)

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 03:47:37 PM »

Hey Milos how are you...

Can you comment a little more on the above artikle/post please?

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 03:49:31 PM »

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 12:44:26 AM »
Hey Milos how are you...

Can you comment a little more on the above artikle/post please?

There is so much on my board...(but off course - you guys don't like to go there...)
I don't have enough time to post it everywhere - so my choice is logical: www.milossarcev.com

As always - I have SOMETHING to say...

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 12:46:33 AM »
Mishko is playing dumb

My favorite role to play...I don't even have to act... ;)

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 01:17:38 AM »
 ;D

Paul has spoken: 3 golds
Date: 02.12.2003
Posted by: Anabolic Info Team Singapore

When Paul Chua says it will be at least three bodybuilding gold medals for Singapore, you can bet your last dollar it will be three golds. When he predicted it would be two at last year's Busan Asian Games, well, it was a two-gold haul, indeed.

Such is the unquestioned knowledge of the 62-year-old Singapore Bodybuilders' Federation president, who has been in the thick of the game for more than 40 years, that he knows the entire field like the back of his hands. As he sat proudly and ram-rod straight, talking ever so animatedly to Timesport at the bodybuilders' hotel here yesterday, he said: 'When I make a prediction for Singapore, I am always confident it will come true. No two ways about it.

'Some of the opposition may not like it, but you have to grant me the privilege of my expertise. So this time around, my forecast is three golds - from Ibrahim Sihat, Simon Chua and Mohamed Ismail.'

And why not? After all, Simon Chua is the reigning Asian Games welterweight champion, while flyweight Ibrahim and light-heavyweight Ismail won silvers at the Busan Asiad last year.

Having said that, however, Paul is aware that over the years, he has been accused by opposing camps of being 'Mr Fixer', the man who uses his reputation as Asia's leading bodybuilding official to influence the judges.

Not only has Paul been the SBBF president for more than 30 years, he is also the Asian BBF secretary-general, the vice-president of the International BBF, president of the South-East Asia BBF and secretary-general of the Commonwealth BBF.

When Timesport asked him in the face how he feels about being called 'Mr Fixer', he shot back: 'Hey, I surely cannot swing the thinking of seven judges at any one time.

'For all my good reputation as a top world body-building official, if I were to speak to even one judge about granting results my way, there goes my name. You think I'm crazy to spoil my own name? Think again, please.

'I have 39 Asian countries under my wing in the Asian BBF. If they think I fix results, I would have been voted out a long time ago. But no, all my affiliates know I devote 16 hours a day to bodybuilding.

'Put it this way, I have grown accustomed to such accusations, which come mostly from losers or from people who want to win with my influence.' Paul then related two major incidents that jolted him.

'At one Asian Games, my life was threatened. I was getting threats over the phone in my hotel room. The callers demanded that the host country win all the medals or I would not be able to go home.

'I wasn't afraid because I knew they were from gambling syndicates, so I complained to the officials and they gave me bodyguards throughout the Games.

'Then, at one SEA Games, people wanted to bribe me US$20,000 (S$35,000) per gold medal.

'They left the money at the hotel reception, with my name on the envelope and a note inside. But I gave it back to the reception desk after opening it, and I heard no more from them.

'As long as my conscience is clear, I am not afraid of all these threats and bribery attempts. And thank God, so far I have not been hurt - not that I am expecting to be hurt. I have accepted that in life, some love you, some hate you, especially in sports.

'That is why, when you ask for my prediction, I don't hold back, I tell the truth because I'm an expert.

'And I say Azman Abdullah, whether he's a former Mr Universe or not, will not win the gold. He's good only for the bronze because his comeback is too recent.

'Three months is too short a time to get back to full definition. If he had five months, yes, he's a certain gold.'

To which Azman said: 'Paul has his opinion, please respect mine. I am going for gold, for sure. Look at me, I have gone down from 110kg to 85.5kg in three months, I've gone through the pain of losing weight for my light-heavy category. I have lost a lot of muscle base because of the short time.

'Paul is right that five months would have been ideal for my return after six years' retirement. But I have enough definition to pull through against my strongest rivals from Myanmar.'

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 03:26:24 AM »
I don't know much about asian bodybuilding but all this talk about teams with almost an olympic air of competition about it makes it sound less of a splinter "sport" in these countries.  Is this true?

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 03:37:33 PM »
 ;D

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 03:49:16 PM »
What's up with the bump for a thread from 3 years ago?

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 03:53:48 PM »
What's up with the bump for a thread from 3 years ago?

because Milos was right.  IFBB owes him an apology for his suspension.  Although the classless organization would never do such a thing.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 05:43:09 PM »
Milos
SUE Everyone

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 09:19:12 PM »
Milos
SUE Everyone

and then enter and win the NABBA Pro Universe just for fun

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2009, 01:31:28 AM »
You know what makes me laugh about this crap? Bodybuilders are the same as always. They show up at a contest and then have to 'join' an organization and pay an entry fee. They usually could care less about any organization. It is a formality to enter a show.

All these officials are just power hungry and love to control the hapless bodybuilders. We can only imagine all the suspect decisions over the decades where people won who probably were not the best there. I have seen corruption first hand in Australia. The Olympia usually is controversial. Nothing has changed.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2009, 01:38:10 AM »
You know what makes me laugh about this crap? Bodybuilders are the same as always. They show up at a contest and then have to 'join' an organization and pay an entry fee. They usually could care less about any organization. It is a formality to enter a show.

All these officials are just power hungry and love to control the hapless bodybuilders. We can only imagine all the suspect decisions over the decades where people won who probably were not the best there. I have seen corruption first hand in Australia. The Olympia usually is controversial. Nothing has changed.

Nice post Vince - it happens on every level of bodybuilding

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2009, 01:47:37 PM »
Does anyone realize what actually happened?

I witnessed the crime...and reported...Nobody cared to investigate the crime - instead I was the one investigated, questioned and finally suspended (they took away my right to earn my living?! WHY EXACTLY?...Because I reported the truth?)

Crime is now proven...and what happens next...?

It remains to be seen ;).