Author Topic: Americans growing more conservative by 2 - 1 margin. (Gallup)  (Read 483 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
 Advertisements [?]Source: Gallup

PRINCETON, NJ -- Despite the results of the 2008 presidential election, Americans, by a 2-to-1 margin, say their political views in recent years have become more conservative rather than more liberal, 39% to 18%, with 42% saying they have not changed. While independents and Democrats most often say their views haven't changed, more members of all three major partisan groups indicate that their views have shifted to the right rather than to the left.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/121403/Special-Report-Ideolo... 

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _

The backlash is beginning. 

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Americans growing more conservative by 2 - 1 margin. (Gallup)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 04:40:28 AM »
Advertisements [?]Source: Gallup

PRINCETON, NJ -- Despite the results of the 2008 presidential election, Americans, by a 2-to-1 margin, say their political views in recent years have become more conservative rather than more liberal, 39% to 18%, with 42% saying they have not changed. While independents and Democrats most often say their views haven't changed, more members of all three major partisan groups indicate that their views have shifted to the right rather than to the left.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/121403/Special-Report-Ideolo... 

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _

The backlash is beginning. 

Conservative in what sense? Evangelical Christian nutcase conservative? or more traditionally conservative?
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 04:43:50 AM »
Conservative in what sense? Evangelical Christian nutcase conservative? or more traditionally conservative?

I dont know, but I will speak for myself when i say I have become a lot more libertarian leaning lately. 

The govt is simply out of control on every level and trying to control every aspect of our lives.  Obama is the ultimate Nanny Stater.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 06:26:48 AM »
The libs have failed horribly at understanding the meaing of the 08 election. Obama got many people that were either sick of Bush, sick of the economy or both. U got some misguided Repubs that thought that Barry would restore the Constitution or govern as a moderate. The Repubs lost ground...but not to the Dems...those people became independant. The same thing is now happening to the Dems....a growing number are becoming independant. The next Repub will have to have a message that independants can vote for. Further, in 2006...those weren't douchbag libs that took Congress...they were, in many cases, Blue Dog or more conservative Dems. Barry and the libs have over-reached.
L